Help please first time grow seedlings DWC

BugzyMalone

420 Member
Hi guys, its only my second post besides introducing myself, i am on another forum however i thought it may be time for a change and a new set of ears and eyes.

I have built a grow room within a garage, and set up a 6 pot rdwc system with a 6" air stone in each pot along with a hailea water chiller set at 19°C
Im extracting with a 6" rvk fan with a carbon filter attached.
My active intake is coming from outside via a 5" rvk wired up to a str variac for temperature control.
I have a marshydro tsw2000w equivalent to 300w hps - i also have a 600w hps with a lumitek dimmable ballast which was originally running at 250w for heat but temps were up to 32°c so i swapped it out for a 125w cfl bulb on top of a seedling.

I believe my seedlings are dead, i did at one point feed them ph 3.1 water by mistake only realising afterwards, i also think the mars hydro light is far too bright for them. I have checked the roots a few times and all roots were breaking through the root riots in which they were grown in however the plants just havent grown any further and only produced 1 set of true leaves after 14 days from sprout. The strain is critical kush but the seeds were old approx 4 years old and have been stored in a variety of conditions.
I tried feeding a weak nute solution to get some growth from them but so far they havent shown any change.
20200617_153044.jpg

20200617_153017.jpg

20200617_153028.jpg

Ive today germed 6 NL x big bud 1 x heavy grapefruit and 1 x gigabud all feminized.

Hoping not to have to scrap the dwc system for mud, and get it all up and going, i believe once im passed this god dam seedling stage plants will be more resilient and hopefully take off.

Ive attached photos of the current seedlings and hopefully you guys could tell me what you think, whether i should just throw them away.

Thank you all

P.s pics of new seeds attached just because they are nice to look @

20200620_120713.jpg

Attachments

• 20200615_171104.jpg
    20200615_171104.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 82
Welcome BM to 420 Magazine
How often are you watering these girls? Was a good thing you added nutrients in hydro. At 3.1 ph when corrected did you flood them with the 5.8 ph for awhile?

19c/66F is towards the low end of water temperature from my short experience (I have seen 65-72F being the sweet spot, so to speak). The cooler water could be the reason for the slow rate of growth. Your seedlings are green and the cotyledons are green as well, all saying they are doing ok as far as nutrients go, for now, but you should always be feeding in hydroponics. Adjust your chiller up a little warmer to try and stimulate faster growth.

Welcome BM to 420 Magazine
How often are you watering these girls? Was a good thing you added nutrients in hydro. At 3.1 ph when corrected did you flood them with the 5.8 ph for awhile?
I haven't been top watering at all, roots were growinf and hydroton was getting splashed. I literally just top watered today for the first time in days because of what i said above... am i wrong?

I haven't been top watering at all, roots were growinf and hydroton was getting splashed. I literally just top watered today for the first time in days because of what i said above... am i wrong?
Sorry i also didn't add any nutes untill probably 3 days ago, i was told not to untill second set of true leaves appeared. I probably didnt flood them enough after the ph water mistake

Topping off is how you do it . I would have just took a cup and flooded the hydroton with the phed water .

Should i start top feeding every couple of days from now on then ? Untill they grow some more? Ill stick with a few squirts of my spray gun phed water and see how they respond. Nutes are still in the buckets and ill probably leave the system as it is for another 2 weeks depending how they respond to eod top feeds.
If im mistaken, let me know. And also thank you

Should i start top feeding every couple of days from now on then ? Untill they grow some more? Ill stick with a few squirts of my spray gun phed water and see how they respond. Nutes are still in the buckets and ill probably leave the system as it is for another 2 weeks depending how they respond to eod top feeds.
If im mistaken, let me know. And also thank you
I believe they’ll straighten out ! How big is the reservoir? How often are you watering? Is this rdwc or dwc ?

I believe they’ll straighten out ! How big is the reservoir? How often are you watering?
Im not using a reservoir just pre mixing and tipping straight into the brain, i have a 100l water butt along with pumps for ease of transferring. I haven't been watering at all. I assumed the roots would search for water and take what it needs from the splashing of the hydroton.
Im using 5 gallon buckets also. Thanks

Ive ordered a 6 tube t5 lighting set for seedlings as i eventually intend to take clones and start growing perpetually, however i need to get the enviroment and seedling stage dialled in.

Im not using a reservoir just pre mixing and tipping straight into the brain, i have a 100l water butt along with pumps for ease of transferring. I haven't been watering at all. I assumed the roots would search for water and take what it needs from the splashing of the hydroton.
So it’s dwc ! You assumed right about the quest for water and nutrients. Yes it’s watering itself with the air bubbles. The twisted look was the bad ph ! I have a link here if you want to check it out of my dwc grow .
I have a hard time with seeds myself. Clones 99% take off .

So it’s dwc ! You assumed right about the quest for water and nutrients. Yes it’s watering itself with the air bubbles. The twisted look was the bad ph ! I have a link here if you want to check it out of my dwc grow .
I have a hard time with seeds myself. Clones 99% take off .
Shall i still start top feeding for a week? Will take a look through that now. Thanks

Shall i still start top feeding for a week? Will take a look through that now. Thanks
I never feed through the top except to flush , sorry if I’m confusing you .

Back
Top Bottom