Help Please!

Alex0810203

420 Member
Hello everyone!
I started my first grow about a month ago.
Had a smooth ride so far even thought i had a little bit of yellowing at seedling stage.
Now here comes my second challenge ; "the Claw" some of the leaves have tips drying out.

First the stats :
-They are 5 plants from the jack herrer strain
-they are in 5 gallon pots, got repoted about 2 weeks ago and did well until now.
- i water once a week or so with water that got left out at least 24 houres before with a ph between 6-7 ( adjusted with about 1/2 tea spoon of lemon juice per 3 gallons
-the average temp in the tent is 26°c
- the 6'x6'x6' tent contains a fan and a small heater.
-humidity varies from 35-42%
- there are 2 lamps of 250W LED (1000W equivalent each) suspended at about 3/4 meter from the plants.
- I added 1 1/2 tea spoon of grow big for the first time at the last feed about 3 days ago.
-they are is in a rich soil supposed to sustain the plants for 3 months in nutrients.

Thanks alot for the help!

20201227_141303.jpg

20201227_141301.jpg

20201227_141240.jpg

20201226_235610.jpg

A fan and heater close together is always a bad idea , dries out leaves and bends them, what sort of heater ?
What soil have you used , if its slow release i wouldn't feed the extras ,
Do you let these plant pots dry out between watering , looks like mag is an issue, normally from hot soil and keeping the soil wet for too long

Hello everyone!
I started my first grow about a month ago.
Had a smooth ride so far even thought i had a little bit of yellowing at seedling stage.
Now here comes my second challenge ; "the Claw" some of the leaves have tips drying out.

First the stats :
-They are 5 plants from the jack herrer strain
-they are in 5 gallon pots, got repoted about 2 weeks ago and did well until now.
- i water once a week or so with water that got left out at least 24 houres before with a ph between 6-7 ( adjusted with about 1/2 tea spoon of lemon juice per 3 gallons
-the average temp in the tent is 26°c
- the 6'x6'x6' tent contains a fan and a small heater.
-humidity varies from 35-42%
- there are 2 lamps of 250W LED (1000W equivalent each) suspended at about 3/4 meter from the plants.
- I added 1 1/2 tea spoon of grow big for the first time at the last feed about 3 days ago.
-they are is in a rich soil supposed to sustain the plants for 3 months in nutrients.

Thanks alot for the help!

20201227_141303.jpg

20201227_141301.jpg

20201227_141240.jpg

20201226_235610.jpg
Taco or curling of your leaves is usually a heat problem. I see you have a heater in your set up list. What temps are you running during day time.
Also some info on that soul mix would help.

Taco or curling of your leaves is usually a heat problem. I see you have a heater in your set up list. What temps are you running during day time.
Also some info on that soul mix would help.
Soil not soul dam phhne

I struggled to see the Magnesium deficiency. Its on the taco'd leaf. The chlorosis between the leaf veins.
Screenshot_2020-12-28-09-20-11-1.png

It's odd to see 1 leaf curled down and some curled up.
Screenshot_2020-12-28-09-20-02-1.png

That curled UP one appears to be getting it's leaf margins fried. Its not exactly at the edge...but it's another syptom not associated with the Magnesium. What THAT is, is not clear to me yet.
You say you have a fan. Is it an oscillating one? Bent down AND up would make me look at the potential for wind burn as well.

What type of soil is that...? It looks more like coco based to me.
I try to not use preloaded soils unless I'm running an organic grow.
I personally would water only for a couple of weeks until you start seeing them look hungry.
I've always associated "the claw" to Nitro tox...?

The classic nitrogen "claw" is more pronounced at the end of the leaf blade; the tip. This "claw" the OP is speaking of is not due to excess nitrogen (IMO). This claw has effected an entire blade on some leaves.

The classic nitrogen "claw" is more pronounced at the end of the leaf blade; the tip. This "claw" the OP is speaking of is not due to excess nitrogen (IMO). This claw has effected an entire blade on some leaves.
There may be more than one issue at work here.

Not enough water or soil too heavy not aerated enough, too much heat, humidity too low.
Well there you go somebody who really knows.

Doesn't sound like they are using a pH pen. Depending on what soil they are using, the "pH 6-7 with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice per 3 gallon once a week or so" might not be working right for them. FFGB brings the pH way down in my experience, so without an after mix EXACT input pH, we're all just shooting in the dark.

1.5 tsp for the first-time around with FF in a preloaded "water only" soil, sounds like the problem to me. Should have started out at 2.5mL, after a couple of weeks or water only. Again, got to know the medium they're working with.

... and they are running too hot, for that low of humidity. Probably like it better around 65-75%.

FoxFarm.JPG

I struggled to see the Magnesium deficiency. Its on the taco'd leaf. The chlorosis between the leaf veins.

That curled UP one appears to be getting it's leaf margins fried. Its not exactly at the edge...but it's another syptom not associated with the Magnesium. What THAT is, is not clear to me yet.
You say you have a fan. Is it an oscillating one? Bent down AND up would make me look at the potential for wind

You say you have a fan. Is it an oscillating one? Bent down AND up would make me look at the potential for wind burn as well.
Thanks alot!
Maybe its the fact that i added a second Del 1000w equivalent in the tent about 2-3 weeks ago? I lifted them up also but they grew amazingly fast and tall ...

For the magnesium, any tips/recomandations on the best way to fix it? I guess by adding magnesium haha but how much /wich fertiliser pick? & They can be saved right?

Doesn't sound like they are using a pH pen. Depending on what soil they are using, the "pH 6-7 with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice per 3 gallon once a week or so" might not be working right for them. FFGB brings the pH way down in my experience, so without an after mix EXACT input pH, we're all just shooting in the dark.

1.5 tsp for the first-time around with FF in a preloaded "water only" soil, sounds like the problem to me. Should have started out at 2.5mL, after a couple of weeks or water only. Again, got to know the medium they're working with.

... and they are running too hot, for that low of humidity. Probably like it better around 65-75%.

FoxFarm.JPG
Please reread this... It's probably a pH issue.
Are you checking that with a pH pen?
What type of soil?

Please reread this... It's probably a pH issue.
Are you checking that with a pH pen?
What type of soil?

I did use a PhPen...
Heres what ive done so far :
1) raised the uv lamps a little.
2) ordered an air humidifier for the tent,
3) rebooted my PhPen,
4) lowered the fan a little,
5) got the epson salt for Magnesium deficiency

I did use a PhPen...
Heres what ive done so far :
1) raised the uv lamps a little.
2) ordered an air humidifier for the tent,
3) rebooted my PhPen,
4) lowered the fan a little,
5) got the epson salt for Magnesium deficiency
Do you suggest i still add nutes for the next watering?

Back
Top Bottom