Help please! Top dressing with Dr Earth veg, all purpose & bud & bloom

Barzogro0P

I'm started some autoflowers in royal gold mendo mix wich is preloaded with ammendments lasting 2 to 4 weeks an their in 2 an 3 gallon pots.
When should I start top dressing with the dr earth ferts

Is this a trick question? ;) My experience with preloaded soil is you notice a slowdown around the time they say the fertilizers last for. I'd watch for that or 4 weeks whichever comes first. If they are still going strong after 4 weeks I might be tempted to wait another week or two so as not to burn my girls up with double dose.

I think any dry amendment takes some time to break down, which is what was added to your soil in the first place, which means it's still breaking down for up to 4 weeks right? If you go early to get the new stuff breaking down before the other runs out, I think you are risking too much fertilizer. I'd rather have too little than too much myself. For full disclosure, I switched to wet nutes when my prefertilized soil seemed to peter out so I can't really say with certainty on any of it. Wait for the lul in growth around that time is the safe play to me.

Back
Top Bottom