Help salvage this salvaged plant!

Sid well done. Got a feeling u learnt heaps with this grow. The chiller will help alot. Your next grow will rock

Thanks a ton my man!
It was a combination of getting the chiller, a difficult and expensive decision, understanding hydro and nutes, and a shit ton of persistence! Can you imagine, I germinate that NL auto in October! funcking mental! When I moved her to a DWC, I thought I would get by with the res temps cause of winters, but then I messed up the nutes, and then it started getting warm... Rot started setting in, and I had spend too much time and effort to let this go, and since where I am in south asia, im not getting any hydrogaurd or the likes, a chiller it was. Bless the fish folk.

@DeanWest89 Still need to figure what up with the soils I have. So I have been on the side playing around. start of this month, I sow'd a few bag seeds of which maybe less than half germinated straight in soil, which itself is very poor. Paper towel I can almost guarantee all would have germinated. Of the healthiest, 3 i kept, to learn and play. I don't have enough light to grow these out, and no way of getting more now. Still...

Only 1 of them has grown well. the other two are typical of what I have been experiencing, but a lot healthier still. With the couple of autos I have managed to germinate in soil (of a dozen at least), they started off extremely yellow and sick from the word go, including the NL auto in this thread.

Here are a couple of pics of the test soil grows, bout 23 days from breaking ground.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    890 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 81
You can try an app. for your phone camera. I find they aren't much good but they may be better then nothing. Next best but not positive is when the pistils are all red and no new ones growing. I would think that almost all pot harvested is done so without the help of a loupe or camera. With some practice you will just know.

Hi Joe!

The wife reckons there are some amber on the sugar leaves and the trichs are otherwise cloudy.
This small plant comes off the chilled Res today. Half of it almost is not over shadowed.

There is a possibility that I could remove it to another bucket, and keep it in plain water/nute bubbler for a couple of days ? Also been seeing some folks keep it in the dark for a day or 2 for max trichomes production? Worth doing it ? What's the risk of me getting rot ? Water temps gonna be in mid 20's...

:peace: :ganjamon: Last spring, I left a grow for five days in the dark. Northern Lights, really ripe so a good night time smoke. As the trics amber, that is the thc. deteriorating and changing into cbn.? The trics on the sugar leaves don't matter as much as the ones on the buds themselves. A couple days in the dark, in a bubble bucket with a fan blowing on it, should be just about right for some head high smoke.

A couple days in the dark, in a bubble bucket with a fan blowing on it, should be just about right for some head high smoke.

Sweet thanks! So busy day today! i managed to find a bucket and a makeshift lid. Got the NL outta the chilled res, plain water in the bucket, under some light. and I figure as long as I don't get bitten by rot, i can keep her here for a few days. There is some small bud development and pistils on the lower sites.

In which case do I feed her ?
I've also found some ice packs which im using to try and keep the temps a bit down. Unlikely they work much...

I also managed to get some pics outdoors!

1.jpg 2.jpg

She is tiny compared to the GSC which itself started with a ton of problems!

3.jpg

And the GSC now spread out, a fair bit of bending and breakin, lets see how this goes, broke a bud site, lower one though...

4.jpg 5.jpg

Time to restart the other thread. :) Happy days.

Thanks a ton Joe!

Thanks!

So apologies for the poor image quality. Best I can do with my phone.
Am I waiting for the yellow circled pistils to turn like the red circled pistils ? Like most of them ?
On the top buds, I would say of the few pistils remaining most are red circle. lower the buds turns the other way around.

Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 52
Yes the pistils turning all red is an indicator that the bud has stopped growing. It is not , however, an indicator of how ripe the trics. may be. A lope or magnifier is needed for that. I have a clip on for my phone, $20 at the Source. I have seen them on Amazon for like $12 but shipping is 5 or 6 so $20. Works pretty good but you have to be pretty steady, which ain't me. lol
Some clear but most cloudy.

Thanks blue!
We are in a complete lockdown, it strated being a bit relaxed today, but still cant get deliveries from amazon or shop out either.. So unless I have another few weeks with her, ill have to rely on other ways to decide her ripeness...

Back
Top Bottom