Help trimming short bushy plant

OrganiKz

Hello to all...
I am basically a new grower.
I currently have two plants in Veg.
The Obi Wan Kush is very bushy and short and I am confused where to trim her and when to top her.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
I will attach pictures.
3 gallon fabric pots
Black & Gold organic soil.
King double diode 1200 Led
Temps Day 79-81f. 71-79f night.
45% humidity
4 inch exhaust
Thanks you.

Attachments

• 20200206_193920.jpg
    20200206_193920.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200206_193912.jpg
    20200206_193912.jpg
    760 KB · Views: 186
  • 20200206_193908.jpg
    20200206_193908.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 20200206_193846.jpg
    20200206_193846.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 178
Fem, regular or auto seeds? Looking good so far.
Hi..thanks for the response.
She is a fem, sprouted around December 20th.
Like I said I am pretty new. There is a little more to her story. She was started in a half gallon of MIRACLE GRO with the delayed release fert. She has been transplanted in the organic Black and Gold organic now in a 3 gallon fabric since January 17th. I have not been giving any nutes. I feel there has to still be enough in there. I am trying to flush it out, but she is a very sensitive girl so it's been a process.
Any advice other then to kill her off will be a great help. I know she is a Obi Wan sensitive girl, and the MG makes things that much worse, but I think she looks decent. I am unsure how to trim that bush though.....

I have one grow...minus dry and cure...under my belt...so not the most experienced source. My next question would be how much vertical headspace do you have? Depending on the growers advice on plant height and stretch I would plan accordingly....2x or 3x stretch? You plant looks good...good you are out of the miracle grow amended soil...it should be fine. For me I would top once at 4th node and go with LST training. Again, no deep knowledge (looking and learning here daily)...but I do have LST pics in my first grow.

I have one grow...minus dry and cure...under my belt...so not the most experienced source. My next question would be how much vertical headspace do you have? Depending on the growers advice on plant height and stretch I would plan accordingly....2x or 3x stretch? You plant looks good...good you are out of the miracle grow amended soil...it should be fine. For me I would top once at 4th node and go with LST training. Again, no deep knowledge (looking and learning here daily)...but I do have LST pics in my first grow.
Pictures look great!! I can only hope things turn out that well for me this first solod time around. I will post how much head space there is, but there is a good amount. I am not new new new, so I have experienced light burn so I don't see how close I can get my light.

She Is droopy like this every cycle an hour,hour plus before lights out.
Thanks.

Dont worry about it.

Why are you flushing soil?

Why do you want to "top" a plant?

Is this a one time grow thing, or do you want to keep on growing more in Future?

How many fans do you have running on the plants?

She Is droopy like this every cycle an hour,hour plus before lights out.
Thanks.
She's just tuckered out from a hard day of growing. I have a white widow that does this too it looks so sad after 15 hours and peeks up again every morning. They learn the light cycle although mine crashes a bit early it is still very healthy and normal in my opinion

I wanted to fim because I had already fimed her roommate & it definitely increased the growth in the center of the plant. I am new and fim'd up a fim and only got 3 shoots but I am happy with that.
I have 2 fans circulating air. The plant receives constant moving air.
I was attempting to flush due to the original soil being MG. I did not want to run Into problems when flowering due to the soil being too MG hot. My thoughts were to try and flush what I could then feed with FF. Maybe I am completely off. Damn I probably am and I am all ears to the recommendations.

Rhetorical question?? Those plants are short by my standard. Just sayin.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that topping reduces yields. Thats about it. Nothing more nothing less oh and it lengthens your time to harvest.

I don't see either of these as a positive.

If you don't believe me, run 2 cuts from the same plant side by side. Report back.

Crow - its whats for dinner.

Short by your standard. Where I come from we care about weight not height. And that lady is hefty and gorgeous. Please show us your not short and better yielding plant so I can reconsider topping and fimming all plants I grow.

I Think I agree with this..the plants I have topped have definately taken longer and were not that impressive compared to ones I have fimmed, And/or trained . LST

But ,I find that you really need to spread and train naturally left to grow plants indoors ..only the sky is the limit outside :)
Namaste! :snowboating: :Namaste:

I Think I agree with this..the plants I have topped have definately taken longer and were not that impressive compared to ones I have fimmed, And/or trained . LST

But ,I find that you really need to spread and train naturally left to grow plants indoors ..only the sky is the limit outside :)
Namaste! :snowboating: :Namaste:

I'm confused. So when you top you noticed a huge delay but not fimmed? My only hesitation to not fimming all plants is the extra delay where the plant decides what it wants to do. But that too may be in my head as I fimmed 2 autos and I wish I did the other 2 to be honest

Back
Top Bottom