Help with dosage

Eli

Hello,
I've been making edibles for the last 6 months or so (in the form of brownies). I've read countless articles on how to figure out how many mg are in each brownie but the calculation never makes sense to me so I'm hoping someone can help out. Here's the details:
I typically use 10 grams (10,000 mg) of cannabis per batch
I grow my own weed and don't know the strain but I think it's safe estimate about 10% thc
I then decarb it and simmer it in butter, mix the in brownie batter and bake.
I then cut the brownies into 20 pieces
Based on this, that would mean there's ~1,000 mg thc in the brownies and ~50mg of thc per brownie. SO what I'm wondering and hoping someone can help me out with, is why does, say, a 10mg edible from a dispensary hit a lot harder than my ~50mg brownie? Am I doing a calculation wrong? Or does the cannabis used in dispensaries have other properties that I don't know of? Thank you for any help!

If those are the correct formulas and your estimate of thc is correct, then you’re doing the math right. The devil is in the variables, such as: is all the thc getting decarboxylated? Are you getting 100 % of the thc in the butter? Is there a percentage of thc that gets destroyed in the cooking process? I’m not really an edibles guy, but that’s off the top of my head. Others may have more info.

You have complete control over how much marijuana actually ends up in the brownies when you make them yourself. This recipe calls for 1/8 ounce of cannabis, but using less won't affect the outcome. ⅛ ounce of cannabis is equal to 3 tablespoons, so you need 3 tablespoons of weed.

I'm a pharmacist. Although I completely agree that you should wait as long as you can before attempting another dose of edibles, advising people to wait 24 hours may lead to their disobeying your advice because it might be excessive. Most people test them from a friend's supply when they do so for the first time. In Dispensary Edmonton ALBERTA situations, most people prefer to feel the effects the same day. This is especially true if you are taking them for the first time. Depending on a few variables, the interval between ingesting an edible and the beginning of effects might range from 30 minutes to 3 or 4 hours.
Hey @baboucarrfrequently welcome to 420Magazine my friend.
Hope you are having a great day.
Thanks for jumping in with advice.
Unfortunately that member is long gone.
Top left corner of each post has the date.
He left February 2nd.
Why don't you say HI and meet everyone here.
Take care. :passitleft:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom