Hey everyone hope all is well.

Quick question got this today as canna told me to get. How much bud should I use? Do I need to decarb? What is best way to decarb? Also any quick recipes it says10 -20 mins any recommendations on time?

I appreciate the help group .
420-magazine-mobile1381578646.jpg

hi kingjoe,

Im not familiar with the butter device you have.

I would definitely decarb. for edibles/tinctures, etc :thumb:
I decarb course ground dried flowers (that have been washed, properly dried, and cured) in oven 220F, 30 min.
you can use trim, sugar leaves too :)

im looking to get a decarb device..;)

hi kingjoe,

Im not familiar with the butter device you have.

I would definitely decarb. for edibles/tinctures, etc :thumb:
I decarb course ground dried flowers (that have been washed, properly dried, and cured) in oven 220F, 30 min.
you can use trim, sugar leaves too :)

im looking to get a decarb device..;)
I heard you could even use stem. But trim and shake at that temperature in oven too?

Ya I know the proper wash dry cure thanks! Will be first atremo5 at making butter with this machine. Trying to figure out how much guess I'll be experimenting.. lol I have pretty good tolerance now not like my prone days but getting there. Lol

Last night's family dinner

Chicken breasts pan seared in cannabis infused olive oil, baked under mozzarela cheese on a bed of vegetable rice seasoned with garden fresh minced parsley, sage and rosemary.

20170615_190243-1.jpg

p.s. I learned a cilantro sprig that large is a little tough when it's 90F outside. I'll pick smaller ones next time :)

Ok so I asked my girlfriend to bring me home some home made muffin mix or brownie mix so I cud make a special treat with my bud and all my trim but this is what she came back with lol does any1 have any ideas how I cud work my herb into these lol

20170627_182954.jpg

Also how is the best way to decarb my bud and trim and also how long shud I let it sit in oil to make herb infused oil for edibles also how hot shud it be?? If any1 can give me some pointers and help me out I wud greatly appreciate it :thanks: and :Namaste:

Ok so I asked my girlfriend to bring me home some home made muffin mix or brownie mix so I cud make a special treat with my bud and all my trim but this is what she came back with lol does any1 have any ideas how I cud work my herb into these lol

20170627_182954.jpg

Also how is the best way to decarb my bud and trim and also how long shud I let it sit in oil to make herb infused oil for edibles also how hot shud it be?? If any1 can give me some pointers and help me out I wud greatly appreciate it :thanks: and :Namaste:

I would decarb at 230F for 110 minutes.
Mix ground bud in with dry ingredients, then follow regular cooking directions.

How much should you use? Depends on how strong the weed!

A standard colorado edible dose is 10 mg THC.
At 15%THC, that is 150 mg THC per gram of bud.
at 21% THC, that is 210 mg THC per gram of bud

If you want those 6 muffins to contain 10 mg THC each, you only need 60mg total = 0.4 grams of 15% or 0.3 grams of 21%.

A full gram of bud would be 25 mg of THC per muffin at 15% THC, 35 mg of THC per muffin at 21% THC. I don't recommend a full gram.
Wait at least 3 hours before you decide the edibles aren't working. You always can smoke or vape while waiting for the edibles to hit :)

I would decarb at 230F for 110 minutes.
Mix ground bud in with dry ingredients, then follow regular cooking directions.

How much should you use? Depends on how strong the weed!

A standard colorado edible dose is 10 mg THC.
At 15%THC, that is 150 mg THC per gram of bud.
at 21% THC, that is 210 mg THC per gram of bud

If you want those 6 muffins to contain 10 mg THC each, you only need 60mg total = 0.4 grams of 15% or 0.3 grams of 21%.

A full gram of bud would be 25 mg of THC per muffin at 15% THC, 35 mg of THC per muffin at 21% THC. I don't recommend a full gram.
Wait at least 3 hours before you decide the edibles aren't working. You always can smoke or vape while waiting for the edibles to hit :)
Awesome thanx man ok so wud i also be able 2 take that decarbed bud/trim and let it soak in some vegetable oil to make oil for brownies??

We've been playing with incorporating fresh trim from flowering beauties into our breakfast fare, and I thought I'd offer a pictorial on my two favorites.

Cheesy Canna Omelette

Begin with a collection of popcorn and the associated fans from a girl in flower. This is the trim I used to clean off and freeze, but I like this method better. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_317118.JPG

Heat up some chopped garlic and olive oil. When the garlic starts to pop I drop in the trimmings and sautéed lightly, over a low fire for at least five minutes.

IMG_342815.JPG

IMG_342916.JPG

Whip up your scrambled eggs - a spit of milk helps make the whole meal fluffier :cheesygrinsmiley: - and pour it over the eggs.

IMG_343015.JPG

One of the secrets of an omelette is to never let the times of the fork leave the bottom of the pan until you have enough fluffiness to please you.

IMG_343118.JPG

Let it set up a bit...

IMG_343213.JPG

.....flip over and add a slice of cheese to one side. Turn the flame off and let it sit a moment....

IMG_343311.JPG

.....fold over and serve.

IMG_343415.JPG

IMG_343514.JPG

The trim offers a mild psychotropic effect, more a satisfied sense of wellbeing than anything, but in my case that's been pronounced enoug that these breakfast delights have me smoking so infrequently that I'm surprised. It's much more effective than you'd think going in.

This morning I didn't have any bread, and toast is a necessary part of a breakfast with omelette in my world, and initially I was disappointed with hat I wouldn't get my morning dose of flowering trim, but then I decided to try something new.

Trim from Candy Cane, coming into the harvest window.

IMG_345810.JPG

IMG_34598.JPG

Tossed it into a pan of melted butter and simmered over a low fire for 5 minutes.

IMG_346010.JPG

IMG_346112.JPG

Then I added the ingredients for my super porridge, stirred it all up...

IMG_346215.JPG

.....brought it to a low boil and left it alone for the next 25 minutes while I showered and dressed.

IMG_34639.JPG

IMG_346411.JPG

I was absolutely delicious, and the euphoric effects are just now beginning to settle in. :laughtwo:

IMG_346515.JPG

Obviously, you control the euphoric effects by both choice of contributing chemovar, quantity of material trimmed for use, and the ratio of bud to leaf. But the good news is this can be an excellent way to get acid cannabinoids into the system and have a bit of euphoric fun along the way.

Happy munching. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Awesome thanx man ok so wud i also be able 2 take that decarbed bud/trim and let it soak in some vegetable oil to make oil for brownies??

How did these turn out Jones? Soaking the bud in oil isn't the way to infuse it. You need some heat and time. Did you get any buzz from your edibles?

Those omelettes look delicious Sue, thanks for all the pics now I am starving:) My first harvest had really bad spider mites so I wasn't too willing to make any edibles even after I did Doc Buds bud wash procedure. I have two nice plants that should be ready by the end of the month and can't wait to use some of the recipes you all have put up in this thread. I had my first edible this past summer and really enjoyed the different feeling it gave me as opposed to smoking. Hopefully there will some cool Halloween cookies in my future this year.

Those omelettes look delicious Sue, thanks for all the pics now I am starving:) My first harvest had really bad spider mites so I wasn't too willing to make any edibles even after I did Doc Buds bud wash procedure. I have two nice plants that should be ready by the end of the month and can't wait to use some of the recipes you all have put up in this thread. I had my first edible this past summer and really enjoyed the different feeling it gave me as opposed to smoking. Hopefully there will some cool Halloween cookies in my future this year.

I learned to make FHO (Fresh Harvest Infused Oil) because I had a plant I couldn't lose get a major mite infestation. I turned it into oil, because it simply made the mites extra food source, and it meant I had no chance of eggs surviving the wash and repopulating the apartment.

I learned to make the best oil of my short career with the help of the Borg. Not a bad turn of events. I wouldn't hesitate to use the mite-ravaged harvest in edibles. It'd be the best use of it IMO. People eat insects all over the world. Extra protein. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, I have logged a ton of mile on a motorcycle and in the open turret of a Army Hummer. I have eaten WAY more than my share of edible critters. I guess it's just nastier when you look through a magnifier and see the little bastards moving around and pumping out eggs. So far the other plants that shared the tent seem to be clear after I nuked them and cleaned out the tent. I need to be better about checking and preventative treatments. The plants should finish drying in a couple days and anything not dense and the sugar leaves I still need to trim are going to make caramel nutty fudge bars. Yes, they taste as good as they sound. I showed the resident baking guru(aka wife) the recipe for the butter and she said no problem so I'll come back and post a pic and review of spider mite treats.

Great thread Cana and people. tuppence each lol.
29915.jpg
regards

OMG, do those look tasty. Well done. :high-five:

I have a canna cooking challenge my friends, and I'm hoping someone has an inspired idea.

The daughter's been on her regular cannabinoid therapy for longer than a year now, and we believe her appetite is beginning to undergo a realignment. She's lost her taste for any sweets at all, and the past few days she's needed to force down the brownies that make the last piece of her balanced therapy.

I'm looking for something savory that I can bake for her. It occured to me that I could make some breakfast bites with eggs and limited flour (she's sensitive to yeast)k and they'd be easy to freeze into dosed pieces.

Any ideas you'd like to share? Most of my canna cooking is done with sweets, and it's time to branch out.

Some suggestions:

Crumbled bud, fresh sugar leaves and/or infused oil in soups and stews, hot drinks, non sweet smoothies, on salads / salad dressings, with eggs and omelettes, in gravy, cannabutter on steamed veggies .....

List is long I guess. Reducing sugars and starches is a plus in itself.

OMG, do those look tasty. Well done. :high-five:

I have a canna cooking challenge my friends, and I'm hoping someone has an inspired idea.

The daughter's been on her regular cannabinoid therapy for longer than a year now, and we believe her appetite is beginning to undergo a realignment. She's lost her taste for any sweets at all, and the past few days she's needed to force down the brownies that make the last piece of her balanced therapy.

I'm looking for something savory that I can bake for her. It occured to me that I could make some breakfast bites with eggs and limited flour (she's sensitive to yeast)k and they'd be easy to freeze into dosed pieces.

Any ideas you'd like to share? Most of my canna cooking is done with sweets, and it's time to branch out.

So nice to come back and see all the goodies. I just have one cannabuttered toast every morning. Lasts most of the day and only 12 total Carbs.

:ciao:
WJ

I love the simplicity of that Jim. We complicate it a lot, don’t we? Lol!

So good to run into you here and there. :hug:

Anyone sharing cinco de mayo recipes? I'll document a couple I whip up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom