Hempy Headquarters

That must suck. No easy way to run a cold water line into that space?

Speaking of backs, it'd be nice if everyone had real high ceilings in their grow rooms - could make a table the (practical) floor and never stoop again.
I did run a hose for a bit but the first time I forgot to turn it off was the last time I trusted myself with that. Hopefully very soon I’ll be moving my grow closer to a hose bib.
:passitleft:

I’m so lazy I don’t even take them out of the tents, I have my tents lined with plastic trays and water them in place and (sometimes) vacuum up the runoff.

My method exactly, Shopvac and liners allows me to easily collect and use the runoff, diluted on other houseplants.

Peace
Keith

That must suck. No easy way to run a cold water line into that space?

Speaking of backs, it'd be nice if everyone had real high ceilings in their grow rooms - could make a table the (practical) floor and never stoop again.
I have a five foot tent and an eight foot ceiling...... Hmm

Well, there you go. We once built flowerbeds on tables for a lady, and she cried. Being able to garden - and to do so with as little pain as possible - is important.

Hoist that tent, lol!

You folks are just killin me.
I'm super twisted from Cali toy store goodies. Hanging in relative paradise. Spent the last 2 days in the company of such beautiful humans with some just incredible kids.... just totally kids that honestly have a chance to have such cool lives.... 2 different couples. Really renews some hope in humanity.
I'm driving an android.... killin me. I feel like a friggin caveman.
And youfolks wanna talk growin?
Killin me... but I must.
Shit... I'm full of my new fave... oil in vape pens. Gooooota figure out how to make it.
Northern Lights as a nod to my buddy... and a touch of cheap OR wine on top.
Nice night indeed.
And you wanna talk about growing? Just sayin...
Plus... as an added bonus, my wife and I have been able to relax and just get back to some serious love.... and that can get rare in the day to day world.
But I must.

Plugging up from what? I grabbed some chunkier perlite for the bottoms. I was hoping to stick some hose in the hole as I water at minimum to collect the majority of the run off.. A more permanent solution would be ideal.
IMG_20180811_115553.jpg

You go baby! Show us the way.
It didn't work for me... but i use pretty small grained perlite.
Hey... where'd that NL pen get to dammit... it's dark and im part drunk.

Runoff is always a messy affair.
I have always thought that using a large drainage tray with a little submersible pump to be run after feeding would work okay.

You realize i have a scantily clad wife just steps away.... and I'm located in relative paradise..... yes?

I just really like to drag my girls out of the grow areas and deal with them outside the tent. Gives me a chance to eye them properly and keep a tight on drainage and runoff.

I wondered about possible siphoning below the level of the hole, due to the wicking(?) action of the media. But I figured it to be unlikely.

You just think too much and I wanna go get sum. Pen.... oil..... sum.....

Night.

I'm driving an android.

it's dark and im part drunk.

I hope that's slang for using an Android phone in general instead of... driving while using one.

You just think too much

I wouldn't say I just think too much but, yeah, it's on a certain sub-list of issues. I can kill it with a combination of anti-psychotics/etc., but then I eventually start wondering why I'm still bothering to breathe ('cause, hey, if you're going to not feel anything anyway...). Which ends up making depression seem like a GOOD thing.

And that path leads the way to... other substances. So, yeah... I just live with not being able to find the mental clutch pedal for occasional coasting (like the normals can, when trying to sleep). Beats dealing miscellany to support that whole self-medication thing (and throwing out a piece of one's soul with every transaction).

IOW, for me, this is pretty much as good as it gets.

Apologies.

You realize i have a scantily clad wife just steps away.... and I'm located in relative paradise..... yes?
I do realize you are in relative paradise. I've seen your posts. That being said, if I was in your position (with MY scantily clad wife of course) I probably wouldn't be drunk driving an Android, Tead. Lol....
:ganjamon:

No worries TS. No petroleum involved in any 'driving' last night.... hmmm.... maybe some glycerin in the pen.

I figured that was the case - and I apologize for even wondering. Twas just... It was a sunny Sunday morning, probably much like this one, when my oldest brother was killed by a drunken driver. Kind of a weak spot in the ol' psyche, I guess.

if I was in your position (with MY scantily clad wife of course) I probably wouldn't be drunk driving an Android, Tead. Lol....

Maybe it's the new slang for pillow-dancing, heh.

That being said, if I was in your position (with MY scantily clad wife of course) I probably wouldn't be drunk driving an Android, Tead. Lol....

Tead's reminded of an old bit of humor...

Two bucks sitting on a hilltop with a herd of does below...
The young buck is exicited and says to the older buck "Let's run down there and f^!& one!"
The older buck smiles and says "I have a better idea... let's WALK down there and f^!& them all !"

Tead's reminded of an old bit of humor...

Two bucks sitting on a hilltop with a herd of does below...
The young buck is exicited and says to the older buck "Let's run down there and f^!& one!"
The older buck smiles and says "I have a better idea... let's WALK down there and f^!& them all !"
That there is a classic from my younger days as an avid hunter and public school bus rider, lol..

Don't think my wife has heard that one yet.. Looks like she will be getting some culture this morning. And that's not slang, @TorturedSoul :smokin:

Culture and... slang are not mutually exclusive ;) .

The young man (11 years old) who lives down the street said to me today. Do you know why it's so hard to play poker in Africa? I said no, I don't know why. He said it's hard because of all the cheetahs. The joke was cute, but the look on his face as he delivered the punchline was priceless.

Here is my Sour Orange Diesel Kush on Day 61 from seed. I've been adding 3ml of calmag per gallon of water but the damage to the leaves was already done. The buds are getting frosty!

20180812-untitled-2.jpg

20180812-untitled-11.jpg

20180812-untitled-7.jpg

I’ve been getting good results with a standard of 2 ml Cal/Mg per gallon from the start nekvt. What were you using before you increased?

Hey.... I’ve fried my share of girls by being too stingy with Cal/Mg. :hug::hug::hug: They still offered up bounteous harvests. She’ll make you proud. :battingeyelashes:

I’ve been getting good results with a standard of 2 ml Cal/Mg per gallon from the start nekvt. What were you using before you increased?

Hey.... I’ve fried my share of girls by being too stingy with Cal/Mg. :hug::hug::hug: They still offered up bounteous harvests. She’ll make you proud. :battingeyelashes:
Thanks Sue. I was just giving her GH floranova bloom. I hadn't noticed any calmag issues with the few other plants I grew in promix. Growing in straight perlite seems to require an additive. Or it may be the strain?

Thanks Sue. I was just giving her GH floranova bloom. I hadn't noticed any calmag issues with the few other plants I grew in promix. Growing in straight perlite seems to require an additive. Or it may be the strain?

We’ve learned that it takes a minimum of 2 ml per gallon when using straight perlite. The coco will support some micro life that help raise the plant. There’s nowhere on perlite for that to happen.

2ml/gal does the job for me across the board.

I'm new to growing in hempy so take this is my opinion only. With the five plants I have growing in perlite I found as they neared flowering they cried out for more cal/mag. Where I was giving them 2ml per gallon I had to increase it to 4ml per gallon to keep the leaves from showing the signs of cal/mag deficiency. One of the plants, a @SeedsMan Blueberry which I just put into my flowering tent would seem to be asking for even more cal/mag. So my conclusion is that it may be somewhat strain specific, but definitely higher doses of cal/mag are required/requested by the plants grown in pure perlite.

Back
Top Bottom