Hempy Headquarters

Pure perlite and leds equals calmag hogs in my world. I have gone as high as 5ml/l for some of the piggier girls. 2ml/l is a good standard though, i think.
I flipped the closet to 12/12 saturday night! Let the countdown begin. Im excited to start seeing some flowers. Watching a plant veg is great but flower is really fun. So beautiful to watch how they stack up and fill in. Almost as good as partaking in the harvest, in my humble opinion. Ill post more pics when there is more to see. Keep em green everybody!

Watching a plant veg is great but flower is really fun. So beautiful to watch how they stack up and fill in.

I know what you mean. But for me, once they're stacked up and filled in I'm like Okay let's get this over with cause I have ladies waiting to take your place.

In perlite only, I've been using 3ml of GH CalMag per gallon for several years, from early Veg until flush.

I'm chintzy with nutrients and only want to give them just enough, never more than they need. Changing the sun to LED panels made me bump up the CalMag, previously 2ml per gallon was sufficient under HPS. I didn't think different lights would change nutrient requirements, but I was wrong. Not the first time, certainly not the last either! :laugh: Perhaps different LED setups require even more than 3ml per gallon. My LEDs are homemade so I can't compare the various makes and models.

Peace
Keith

I'm chintzy with nutrients and only want to give them just enough

I don't consider such a philosophy to be chintzy or miserly. Have the same where your own children are concerned, and they will most likely grow up being neither fat nor scrawny but, instead, healthier for it. Why should our plants be any different, lol?

I didn't think different lights would change nutrient requirements, but I was wrong.

You've touched upon an important thing to think about, IMHO. Our understanding of light-energy and how it relates to plants is still woefully incomplete. We know, in broad terms, some of the topic "Which portions of the spectrum are responsible for what." But still... incomplete. It might be that these LED critters, producing significantly more output in certain parts of the spectrum, are causing our plants to "shift into high gear" in terms of certain processes - which would, logically, cause them to require more of certain things.

But it could also turn out to be that the incomplete nature of LED panels' output (and this output IS incomplete... it's not a full spectrum, or even part of one - it's only several (+/-)discrete points along it, AfaIK) is causing the plants to actually lack something that they need for "full, natural growth and normal biological processes."

This is... vaguely, I guess... sort of what I've been wondering about "purple strains." We all know that cannabis plants experience purpling if they are lacking an important nutrient. Cold can cause it, probably by interfering with the uptake and/or use of a nutrient. Okay... There are some human conditions caused by things that interfere with our ability to utilize certain nutrients. So what I'm wondering... Is a purple strain purple because it has a gene that controls color? Or because it has a gene that causes it to have difficulty using a certain nutrient, and the purple is merely a symptom of this thing? Would a purple strain plant be less likely to evince this trait if we significantly boosted the magnesium and, by doing so both gave the plant more to (attempt to) use and changed the Ca:Mg ratio? If we gave it significantly more potassium? More phosphorous?

IDK. I'm not really even suggesting. Merely wondering.

Hey, can some of you knowledgeable ones help a fellow member out? So far, the only respondent he has had has been ME, lol - and I'm far from my best (which is probably questionable, anyway). In the not unlikely event that I'm wrong, he could use some real help.

Here's the thread:
Severe tacoing need ur urgent support

If you don't know, ask someone who does.

Hey, can some of you knowledgeable ones help a fellow member out? So far, the only respondent he has had has been ME, lol - and I'm far from my best (which is probably questionable, anyway). In the not unlikely event that I'm wrong, he could use some real help.

Here's the thread:
Severe tacoing need ur urgent support

If you don't know, ask someone who does.

No... I'm pretty pissed not to be sittin on a sweet seat right now and you can just go suck it!
Plus, if the only respondent is you.... are they still listening?
Tacoing... pleeze. It's at least hydro...yes? I'm not gittin my fingers into dirt! Ur killin me!

Of course we will. How could we not?

No... I'm pretty pissed not to be sittin on a sweet seat right now and you can just go suck it!

<SHRUGS> That's cool. And, while I won't be "sucking it" in the traditional sense (my arsehole being exit-only and all), I've got an appointment to mangle an epic pair of tits in about two hours, so I'll probably be sucking on those. Other things, too, but I doubt I'll bother with too much in the way of niceties. Foreplay will most likely consist of noticing that the vodka bottle is empty, if past experiences with this one are anything to go by :rolleyes: . It's not succor/support, I'll grant ya - but "release" has a lot to be said for it, too.

Plus, if the only respondent is you.... are they still listening?

Surprisingly, yes (poor schmuck ;) ).

Tacoing... pleeze.

Looks worse than anything I've seen on such a young (by development) plant. Enough that it could be heat stress, but he's only giving the garden 400 watts' worth of metal halide lighting and that from 22" away. IDFK.

It's at least hydro...yes?

Of course not, LMFAO - that'd be too easy!

I'm not gittin my fingers into dirt!

I will, before the sun rises. Something else, too. There's a lot to be said for women of questionable morals. With this one... it's not even a question <SMILES>. I might not feel better in the morning - but I'll sure as sunrise have more legitimate reasons for feeling bad:thumb:. I hope she brings one of her friends. Again.

Ur killin me!

Come on up to Hillbilly, central, and I'll share my diet with you - and slap the figurative right out of that statement, heh.

Of course we will. How could we not?

Yeah, I figured as much. And thank you for doing so. My thanks be upon everyone who does. . . .

Here's my 32 day old twins. They are Mephisto Genetics Forum Stomper autoflowers. I wanted to see the difference between a Hempy Bucket and a GH Waterfarm. They have both been getting the same diet of Megacrop. Currently 4g per gallon. The Hempy was much slower to get going, but recently started to take off.
20180813-untitled-2.jpg

20180813-untitled-6.jpg

<SHRUGS> That's cool. And, while I won't be "sucking it" in the traditional sense (my arsehole being exit-only and all), I've got an appointment to mangle an epic pair of tits in about two hours, so I'll probably be sucking on those. Other things, too, but I doubt I'll bother with too much in the way of niceties. Foreplay will most likely consist of noticing that the vodka bottle is empty, if past experiences with this one are anything to go by :rolleyes: . It's not succor/support, I'll grant ya - but "release" has a lot to be said for it, too.

Surprisingly, yes (poor schmuck ;) ).

Looks worse than anything I've seen on such a young (by development) plant. Enough that it could be heat stress, but he's only giving the garden 400 watts' worth of metal halide lighting and that from 22" away. IDFK.

Of course not, LMFAO - that'd be too easy!

I will, before the sun rises. Something else, too. There's a lot to be said for women of questionable morals. With this one... it's not even a question <SMILES>. I might not feel better in the morning - but I'll sure as sunrise have more legitimate reasons for feeling bad:thumb:. I hope she brings one of her friends. Again.

Come on up to Hillbilly, central, and I'll share my diet with you - and slap the figurative right out of that statement, heh.

Yeah, I figured as much. And thank you for doing so. My thanks be upon everyone who does. . . .

Ho-lee Shit!

Something about me you guys probably don't know. I have no problem whatsoever laughing at myself when I mess something up. To that end I wish to share a short (not TS length) story. This is my second year growing and I decided that this summer I would procure some top quality seeds/clones and see if I could make my own seeds. I'm a senior, on a fixed budget, and that budget does not include extra money for seeds.

So I started with 2 Nirvana Northern Light IBL seeds, 1 Hawaiian Indica seed. A week earlier I took cuttings off of a Green Crack and a GSC Thin Mint plant. Turns out one of the NL plants was a boy, the other a girl. I wanted to make 30-40 seeds from each plant. HA HA HA........I did okay with the Green Crack (33 seeds) and Thin Mint (26 seeds). But as I have now found out you really have to be careful with pollen or you can end up with more seeds then you could ever expect to use.

This is what I harvested off the cross between the Northern Light IBL X Hawaiian Kailua Pua.
And I have a small plastic bottle with 300 additional seeds from this cross that are separate from this pile.

This is what the Hawaiian plant looked like in flowering.

This was the NL seeded mom.....Nirvana NL IBL I probably got about 500-600 seeds off this plant here.

I know what you mean. But for me, once they're stacked up and filled in I'm like Okay let's get this over with cause I have ladies waiting to take your place.

This sounded so much like you I’m still laughing. :rofl:

20180814_005848.jpg

And so it begins! 12/12+3 and the GSC is first to show pre-flowers. She is raring to go! Yay!

Oooo....Thin Mint GSC was the biggest hempy I’ve ever grown. You’re in for such a treat. Have you grown it before Laz?

@beez0404 ..... :bravo:

There must be different phenos of the GSC Thin Mints. I popped one regular seed and it was a girl. I ran her after taking 4 clones. The mother plant I did basically nothing to it other then topping once. The 4 clones I trained a bit and that training seems to have tamed them too much if that makes sense. The mom had 6 main colas that weren't very big but man is that stuff heavy/dense.

Oooo....Thin Mint GSC was the biggest hempy I’ve ever grown. You’re in for such a treat. Have you grown it before Laz?

@beez0404 ..... :bravo:

I have indeed, Sue. Which is why im growing it again. Fantastic meds for sure. Smells divine, looks a treat and produces dense, sticky flowers. I took clones this time. Im not sure which of the ones im growing this time im more excited about... The gsc and haze ive grown before so i know what im looking forward to but ive heard such good things about lsd and chemdawg... I guess im pretty excited about em all! Lol

Okay..........the hempy newbie needs some help. The leaf in the photo came from a DDA that is about 2 weeks into flowering. I use Foxfarm nutrients and since the start of flowering this and the other two DDA have been getting fed full strength nutrients. Cal Mag is being mixed in at 4-5ml per gallon. Not sure I'm all that worried about it. I am seeing it on the one plant and just a couple leaves on one of the other plants. Third one is fine. @Tead , @FelipeBlu , @TorturedSoul , @SweetSue what do you guyz think?

First thing I'd have done with "little round dots" would have been to use a magnifying glass to carefully inspect the underside of the affected leaves before disturbing them any more than necessary.

A nutrient (and/or pH) issue is annoying, yes. But it doesn't have the ability to "hop" to other plants in the grow room like bugs can. And it's generally not the potential disaster that critters are.

I know fleas aren't something to worry about with cannabis plants, lol, but I'll use them for an example because ol' ~TS~' Po' Boy Stray/Injured Cat Rescue has suffered a bit recently :rolleyes: . One female flea can easily "create" 50 more fleas per day (which can each go on to create...) . It doesn't even need to knock the proverbial boots with a male flea in order to do this thing. One bug, plus time, equals an infestation.

How close to the bottom of the plant are the affected leaves? Just curious really, but then I'm wondering if the affected leaves are in the same zone on the plants. Either way, it sure looks like a critter or two has been feeding on the underside.

I thought bugs perhaps too. Being late I'll give them a thorough going over in the morning. I looked at about a dozen leaves and didn't see any pests. Should I also consider a possible calcium deficiency?

Oh, something I failed to mention. I have been operating somewhat in the dark the last 2 weeks. My PH meter went on the fritz and I had to return it. The company was nice enough to replace it with a new one for free. Should get it back in about a week. So perhaps I can be lucky and it be a PH problem and not a bug infestation.

I see affected leaves on two plants. The one that has more I see them near the bottom, middle, and top. I noticed a couple on another plant probably in the same places on the plant.

I'll rule out bugs in the morning. Thanks you guys!

Back
Top Bottom