Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

I don't recall where I saw one, maybe youtube. I'll dig around...I tried to take pics last night but again Failed.

Looking forward to your update

Thanks my friend. I have some pics...

The room err garden :) This is the first time in a week or so that I could open the door enough to take a pic.

IMAG0911.jpg

The clones:

AK-1 (l), Lucy-1 & AK-3 in mini-hempy. L-1 & AK-1 are 36 days old, 12 days 12/12. AK-3 is 31 days old, 9 days 12/12.

IMAG0924.jpg

IMAG0925.jpg

BK-1 still doing nothing, but she is growing roots. 29 days old, 9 days 12/12

IMAG0913.jpg

AK-2 & Lucy-2 28 days old, 9 days 12/12

IMAG0912.jpg

Lucy - 70 days old, 31 days 12/12

IMAG0915.jpg

IMAG0916.jpg

IMAG0917.jpg

AK48 - 64 days old, 31 days 12/12

IMAG0918.jpg

IMAG0919.jpg

IMAG0920.jpg

Bagseed - 70 days old, 31 days 12/12

IMAG0921.jpg

IMAG0922.jpg

IMAG0923.jpg

Bubba Kush - 70 days old, 31 days 12/12

IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

The buds are smaller than I'd like, esp on lucy & ak-48, but they have time. I've backed the lights off a little, maybe the heat is too much.

Bagseed looks great, nice big buds and the colas are filling in.

BK is still so dense it's hard to see what's going on with her, but she does have the sweet main bud and smaller secondary ones.

They are looking great! I never really realized how close our plants are on the time line. How is the smell now? It has got to be getting stronger, now that they are getting some real buds. Dont know where you live, but here in michigan, we get EVERYTHING! I'm thinking about designing a system to keep humidity EXACTLY where you want it, using parts anyone could find at a hardware store. as soon as I get some funds anyway.

Thanks my friend. I have some pics...

The room err garden :) This is the first time in a week or so that I could open the door enough to take a pic.

IMAG0911.jpg

The clones:

AK-1 (l), Lucy-1 & AK-3 in mini-hempy. L-1 & AK-1 are 36 days old, 12 days 12/12. AK-3 is 31 days old, 9 days 12/12.

IMAG0924.jpg

IMAG0925.jpg

BK-1 still doing nothing, but she is growing roots. 29 days old, 9 days 12/12

IMAG0913.jpg

AK-2 & Lucy-2 28 days old, 9 days 12/12

IMAG0912.jpg

Lucy - 70 days old, 31 days 12/12

IMAG0915.jpg

IMAG0916.jpg

IMAG0917.jpg

AK48 - 64 days old, 31 days 12/12

IMAG0918.jpg

IMAG0919.jpg

IMAG0920.jpg

Bagseed - 70 days old, 31 days 12/12

IMAG0921.jpg

IMAG0922.jpg

IMAG0923.jpg

Bubba Kush - 70 days old, 31 days 12/12

IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

The buds are smaller than I'd like, esp on lucy & ak-48, but they have time. I've backed the lights off a little, maybe the heat is too much.

Bagseed looks great, nice big buds and the colas are filling in.

BK is still so dense it's hard to see what's going on with her, but she does have the sweet main bud and smaller secondary ones.

Blue They all look great! Except the one farting around BK-1, but she will get there too. The Lucys look great....that is one super strain.

I see your set up.....I will shut my mouth, your doing great with that set up.
A great show of working with what you have, and I also see why you want a better light. Looks like you could handle taller plants too. Way to go Blue :cheer:

They are looking great! I never really realized how close our plants are on the time line. How is the smell now? It has got to be getting stronger, now that they are getting some real buds. Dont know where you live, but here in michigan, we get EVERYTHING! I'm thinking about designing a system to keep humidity EXACTLY where you want it, using parts anyone could find at a hardware store. as soon as I get some funds anyway.

Thanks my friend! When you build a DIY controller let me know, I'd love to check it out. I try to keep my location vague but I'm about a state south of you, and we get it all here too, probably worse in the summer but better in the winter.

There is still practically no odor in that room. Hempy is known for that... if I touch the buds and smell my fingers there's a slight odor, but that's about it.

Blue They all look great! Except the one farting around BK-1, but she will get there too. The Lucys look great....that is one super strain.

I see your set up.....I will shut my mouth, your doing great with that set up.
A great show of working with what you have, and I also see why you want a better light. Looks like you could handle taller plants too. Way to go Blue :cheer:

Thanks OMM!

IMAG0911.jpg

If you look at the room - admittedly it's hard to see much - to the right is where the mirrored doors are. I have about a foot of clearance on that side to get to the back plants, after I move the standalone lights.

The left opens up a bit but there's a shower, sink and toilet over there, so it's still a real tight squeeze. There's no room to the rear, plants and lights go all the way back.

I moved the biggest clones to the center right slot, so that's why I can now get the door to open fully.

I have 8' ceilings, so it makes sense to work with that, that's why I'd like the vertical cmh bulb.

Can't wait to see how all our lucy's do. Bet yours will shine out there.

:tokin:

Just a side note, found oc+ at lowes on sale for $4.23!! Marked down from $17.93.
perlite, vermiculite, and oc+=$13.23
The ability to grow my own good stash hempy style=Priceless!! :cool:

Girlies are looking good Blue!!

Hi blue dog, i'm in a little late,but better than not at all.
I enjoy seeing what peeps do with what they have.+reps

HH

Blue nice pic update, I love those mini-hempies-takes me back..they look real healthy and perky too!

Your flowering ladies are picking up for sure, wish I could show you mine for comparison..bud size is looking fairly similar..hopefully after xmas Ill have my own cam.

Not much scent on yours huh? Mine are beginning to leave a small scent in my room, even though I have a carbon filter running 24/7. Think it's time to move the diy ona bucket in there for support. :blunt:

I think you will kill it with a 400 CMH. You do a great job with those cfl's (your setup is crazy meticulous, a single light will clear up a lot of space for you). I wish I had your grow space, my 2x2 is killing me but it's all I can do so I suppose I need to get over it.

If/when you get a new light have you thought about trying to enclose that wooden frame with poly film? I think the added reflectivity will only increase yield and quality. Keep up the good work.

:peacetwo:

Marley

Just a side note, found oc+ at lowes on sale for $4.23!! Marked down from $17.93.
perlite, vermiculite, and oc+=$13.23
The ability to grow my own good stash hempy style=Priceless!! :cool:

Girlies are looking good Blue!!

Wow you did good Twitch, everything must have been marked down! My local Lowes & Home DePot are both out of OC+ and have been for months, wish I could scoop some up at the price. You're good to go now, although I'd also grap a cal/mag or micronute supplement to have on hand in case you need it.

Hi blue dog, i'm in a little late,but better than not at all.
I enjoy seeing what peeps do with what they have.+reps

HH

Welcome to my little grow HH! Thanks for stopping by and for the reps. Right back at ya.

It is amazing seeing what peeps will do to grow, from almost commercial quality setups to growing in the smallest spaces. Take care and don't be a stranger :tokin:

Blue nice pic update, I love those mini-hempies-takes me back..they look real healthy and perky too!

Your flowering ladies are picking up for sure, wish I could show you mine for comparison..bud size is looking fairly similar..hopefully after xmas Ill have my own cam.

Not much scent on yours huh? Mine are beginning to leave a small scent in my room, even though I have a carbon filter running 24/7. Think it's time to move the diy ona bucket in there for support. :blunt:

I think you will kill it with a 400 CMH. You do a great job with those cfl's (your setup is crazy meticulous, a single light will clear up a lot of space for you). I wish I had your grow space, my 2x2 is killing me but it's all I can do so I suppose I need to get over it.

If/when you get a new light have you thought about trying to enclose that wooden frame with poly film? I think the added reflectivity will only increase yield and quality. Keep up the good work.

:peacetwo:

Marley

Hello Marley my friend!

I've found my room stays the best temp lights on if I leave the door slightly ajar, so there's a lot of air passing back and forth. Maybe that's why I don't have much smell? I dunno. My last grow upstairs smelled very strongly, but those were bigger, much further along, and it was at least 40 degrees hotter. Plus they were in soil.

I may do something with mylar like you suggested. I'd have to either grow fewer plants or find a bigger space though, because right now the plants are quite a bit wider than the frame. If I widened the frame I wouldn't be able to squeeze myself in there.

Growing sucks you in. I started off trying to spend as little as possible, but it adds up in a hurry. I've easily spent $1000 and I know lots of people spend lots more. But unless you have a great spot outdoors, you have to spend $ to get quality. Take care!

Blue, they look fine. BE PATIENT. They should start to build bulk. I'm a little behind you as far as days of 12/12 but not to much difference in flower size. Also I am using a 1000w hps. IMO they'll be fine. KUDOS on a great job with what you have.

Blue, they look fine. BE PATIENT. They should start to build bulk. I'm a little behind you as far as days of 12/12 but not to much difference in flower size. Also I am using a 1000w hps. IMO they'll be fine. KUDOS on a great job with what you have.

High Molotov! Thanks for the kind words, some days I'm patient and some days I'm worried. Today is a patient day.

I don't think I'll have massive buds and colas but they will still develop and fill in. Really now I'm very curious what I'll end up with.

If I can't get an oz per plant I'll upgrade, because otherwise I won't even be able to supply my own meds. Four months to grow four z's.... I guess I could make that stretch but if I can smoke all I want, it's probably closer to 2 z's a month. Now that I have a nice stash I have no idea how much I'm going through, I'll have to start watching that.

I've probably asked you before but if you want to feel free to post your pics here. :peace:

Blue, I'm with you! :popcorn:

It's great to have a stash and smoke all you want to. Been hitting mine hard too. Better check if I have enough left to last until the next harvest.

It was about 1967, the last time I had enough to smoke all I wanted. Wait! There was a time in Greece in the late seventies too. But it was all hash, not the same as good buds.
:Rasta:

Hey Blue,

As far as flowering goes, I start counting days when I see the first flowers. This has been dead on with the seed bank recommendation for northern lights, L$D, kandy kush, rocklock and white widow. As always, check your trichs when you think you're close to finishing, and you are doing great.

BTW, that Lucy will really impress if you give it a few extra days. I kept mine in the dark for 3 days before chopping and it is da bomb.

Wow you did good Twitch, everything must have been marked down! My local Lowes & Home DePot are both out of OC+ and have been for months, wish I could scoop some up at the price. You're good to go now, although I'd also grap a cal/mag or micronute supplement to have on hand in case you need it.
Got any suggestions? Im still learning the whole nute thing.

Blue, I'm with you! :popcorn:

It's great to have a stash and smoke all you want to. Been hitting mine hard too. Better check if I have enough left to last until the next harvest.

It was about 1967, the last time I had enough to smoke all I wanted. Wait! There was a time in Greece in the late seventies too. But it was all hash, not the same as good buds.
:Rasta:

Hey OMM! You reminded me, last time I had all I wanted it was hash too, and probably around '75. Was a summer to remember... actually it was a summer I don't remember much at all :tokin:

Hey Blue,

As far as flowering goes, I start counting days when I see the first flowers. This has been dead on with the seed bank recommendation for northern lights, L$D, kandy kush, rocklock and white widow. As always, check your trichs when you think you're close to finishing, and you are doing great.

BTW, that Lucy will really impress if you give it a few extra days. I kept mine in the dark for 3 days before chopping and it is da bomb.

High da goon and welcome to my grow!

What you say resonates with me, because how could you translate indoor flowering times to outdoor times if you count by when you switched the lights? Plus it makes my buds look better if they're not so far along :)

I've never tried the dark period, although my last grow I left some of them in very limited lighting for a few days while I was harvesting, just what leaked in through the shades.

What did the trichs look like when you harvested your lucy? I think I'll strive for maximum impact with her... half amber?

It will be fun having a grow where the trichs actually turn amber in quantity, haven't been able to accomplish that yet. :wood:

Thanks for your kind words and hope you stick around.

Well, I'm down to a joint so :blalol:

Ugh wish you were local my friend, I'd be happy to help you out.

One of the main reasons I quit smoking in the past was constantly running out and not being able to find anything, sometimes for months.

Funny all those years of smoking and I never once seriously considered growing, and I had the time, money and living situation that would have been perfect. Of course back then there was no internet nor wealth of info on what to do.

Hopefully you'll find something to tide you over... I figure we're looking at end of Jan harvests, but you should be able to start sampling the goods sooner.

In fact my first grow I was sampling at this point... it's not great but it's better than nothing. Which was what I had.

Good luck buddy :blunt:

Got any suggestions? Im still learning the whole nute thing.

There are lots of micronute supplements out there. I picked up a lifetime supply of Ironite Mineral Supplement for about $12, it's got everything you'd need except magnesium which I use epsom salts for. You can buy that at any drug store for about $3.

If your water is good you might just need the OC+. Are you using tap water?

In any event, if your plants start showing a cal/mag deficiency (search my thread for pics) you'll want to supplement the OC+ very lightly. Otherwise if your leaves look good don't do a thing.

Blue, everything looks awesome! :tokin:

And the last time I grew was over 4 years ago and I have been purchasing ever since. Looking forward to being self sufficient! :grinjoint:

Hey Smokey thanks! Growing is expensive to start up but it will pay for itself pretty quickly as you go along when you figure how much you're no longer spending on smoke. I'm probably at or close to break even now, I haven't bought anything since last May I think.

You should be real close to the 'sampling' stage now. All in the name of science and research of course :)

Back
Top Bottom