Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Yup...I got bunches of Lucy (20 oz+)....now to add bunches of Aurora to it. That's next, with a bit of OMM recommended Papaya, and a Black Jack just for fun. My wife's getting me a new laptop, so I'll be adding a journal too. I'll be able to do pix finally! That should be a good place to start. Glad you like the Lucy....and that you're feeling a bit better
:slide::slide::slide::cheer::cheer::slide:

Hey Blue! Man Ijust caught up, sorry to hear you've been so under the weather!! But glad to see you're getting better! So I kinda feel bad about cluttering up your thread with my own pics, but here are the most recent. After resizing they really dont do them justice...butI promised so here they are...
P3020028.JPG
P3020027.JPG
P3020026.JPG
P3020025.JPG
P30200241.JPG
P30200231.JPG
P30200221.JPG
P3020021.JPG
P30200201.JPG
P3020019.JPG
P30200181.JPG
P3020017.JPG
P3020016.JPG
P3020015.JPG
P3020014.JPG

These are in a 2x2 corner of a closet, one is 45" with a 12' top, and the other is 48" from the soil, with a 14" top cola. I kept this grow simple, no topping or any other tecniques commonly used to train etc., as this is my first real grow and I wanted to get the basics down, as well as having something to compare the results with in later grows. I started from seed, NL, under the primitive(yet effective) T-12, 2 bulbsx4'. 3 weeks in I started using a 125w sunleaves vitalume 64K CFL in a comet hood, then stood 2 of the 4' T-12 fixtures in opposite corners of the grow, as supplimental. then at about 6 wks of veg I started adding the smaller lamp type 23-40 actual watt CFLs, one by one until there were 8. I let them veg for 12 weeks(I know I know, a bit much!) and they're now into 7 weeks since switching the lights, 6 since real pistil growth. Sorry to ramble, just hit some sour-D, any way, look forward to future grows, and growing along side you and learning as much as possible...Hope you feel better brotha!!

Laws that make no sense should be cut, Can't wait for it to be my turn to be Master.

Sorry I somehow missed this Sisco, forget MOTM I want to run you for King:cheer:

I think we would dig living in the Land of Sisco! I just want to be your offical tester :hookah:

Thats crazy. The laws are preety grey on alot of things here for MMJ as well.

I hope I live long enough to see our fav plant legalized but I dunno... I'm looking around here now to see how I can start getting safely involved in the campaign.

MoM, congratulations.

Well done Blue. :cheer::):cheer:

Get better

Thanks so much Mmmmick! I can't really believe it, it's one of the few things I've ever won haha.

Glad to see your feeling better.

Thanks molotov! At least I'm not exhausted when I wake up so that's progress :cheer:

:rofl::rofl: stoneder :rofl::rofl: :rollit:
Thanks Blue...I just spit coffee outta my nose and onto my keyboard :)

Anytime bro.... spell check didn't like it but I'm glad you did lol!

Yup...I got bunches of Lucy (20 oz+)....now to add bunches of Aurora to it. That's next, with a bit of OMM recommended Papaya, and a Black Jack just for fun. My wife's getting me a new laptop, so I'll be adding a journal too. I'll be able to do pix finally! That should be a good place to start. Glad you like the Lucy....and that you're feeling a bit better
:slide::slide::slide::cheer::cheer::slide:

Morning Chopper! Great news about the laptop, I think it was your generous offer to replace the camera that brought her around haha!

You've single-handedly put Aurora Indica on top of my next shopping list.

I'm not worried about the Bubba Kush now either, I'm sure she'll be good I can tell by looking at her.

It's funny how it's been for me with these plants and test buds.... it goes blah.... blah.... blah..... BOOM!!!! Day after day nothing much, then we have liftoff!

wheres the pics....congrates on mom....glad yer feel n better

Hey ss thank you! Not much to take pics of right now except jars and clones, but I'll see what I can come up with bro.

Speaking of pics...

Hey Blue! Man Ijust caught up, sorry to hear you've been so under the weather!! But glad to see you're getting better! So I kinda feel bad about cluttering up your thread with my own pics, but here are the most recent. After resizing they really dont do them justice...butI promised so here they are...
P3020028.JPG
P3020027.JPG
P3020026.JPG
P3020025.JPG
P30200241.JPG
P30200231.JPG
P30200221.JPG
P3020021.JPG
P30200201.JPG
P3020019.JPG
P30200181.JPG
P3020017.JPG
P3020016.JPG
P3020015.JPG
P3020014.JPG

These are in a 2x2 corner of a closet, one is 45" with a 12' top, and the other is 48" from the soil, with a 14" top cola. I kept this grow simple, no topping or any other tecniques commonly used to train etc., as this is my first real grow and I wanted to get the basics down, as well as having something to compare the results with in later grows. I started from seed, NL, under the primitive(yet effective) T-12, 2 bulbsx4'. 3 weeks in I started using a 125w sunleaves vitalume 64K CFL in a comet hood, then stood 2 of the 4' T-12 fixtures in opposite corners of the grow, as supplimental. then at about 6 wks of veg I started adding the smaller lamp type 23-40 actual watt CFLs, one by one until there were 8. I let them veg for 12 weeks(I know I know, a bit much!) and they're now into 7 weeks since switching the lights, 6 since real pistil growth. Sorry to ramble, just hit some sour-D, any way, look forward to future grows, and growing along side you and learning as much as possible...Hope you feel better brotha!!

Hey Quixilvir! For a first effort all I can say is WOW! You're doing incredibly well and they look beautiful. Those are 6+ oz plants imo.

Now here's a little secret I'll share just with you haha.... DON'T GET IMPATIENT!!!!!

They've got a ways to go yet. All the good swelling and late stage development is coming up and they're just going to get better and better. If you need smoke just start with some lower buds and take those, but not the whole plants. 2-4 more weeks is my guess.

The one thing I'd do without a moment's hesitation is get rid of every fan leave that I could get to. The plants don't need them and it's hurting the buds that are shaded. In fact from what I've been reading I'm going to start taking mine after 3 weeks of flower.

Thanks for sharing and feel free to post any pics any time.... stay the course my friend!

BlueDog, Good to see you up and around!

Congrats on MOM :slide:

Stay Stoneder my friend:)

Haha hey Firestoneder :)

I'll do just as you ask and hope you do too!

Man Blue! That is great! Lucy forever! So glad she is just like mine....Stoneder!!
Made my day! Take it slow Buddy.
:high-five:

Morning OMM! It's early but I think I may have to test her again with my coffee here lol!

That is a fun high. I was ripped but very functional. Then I took a nap :)

Think I missed the mark on the bubba kush cola just a bit, trimming it was like working with dried flowers.

On second thought I'm going to test the BK this morning. Stoned, stoneder, stonedest.... I'm pushing the envelope my good friend :cheer:

Clones are looking so/so. I'll have enough for my grow but

1 - If I do this again I'll wait longer and try to take all the clones within a day or 2, mine were spread out over 2 weeks which is hard to keep track of and about half were not ready when I transplanted them.

2 - I took them out of the bubbler too soon, next time they stay at least 2 weeks in there until there are a fair amount of roots showing on all of them

3 - The above would be ok but I've been sick and really not watering/fussing over them like I should have been

4 - I really don't know if the cmh is too high or too low or just right, it's probably an average of 30" above them right now, any thoughts? I'm kind of afraid to move it for fear it makes things worse

So anyhow out of my 52 clones I pitched about 10 that weren't gonna make it, mostly crappy ak cuttings.

Of the remainder only about 10 are looking like they've started growing, mostly white widows and bubbblicious. I'm going to try and spend some time fussing with them today.

Stay stoneder my friends (h/t 52!) :tokin::tokin::tokin:

Speaking of pics...

Hey Quixilvir! For a first effort all I can say is WOW! You're doing incredibly well and they look beautiful. Those are 6+ oz plants imo.

Now here's a little secret I'll share just with you haha.... DON'T GET IMPATIENT!!!!!

They've got a ways to go yet. All the good swelling and late stage development is coming up and they're just going to get better and better. If you need smoke just start with some lower buds and take those, but not the whole plants. 2-4 more weeks is my guess.

The one thing I'd do without a moment's hesitation is get rid of every fan leave that I could get to. The plants don't need them and it's hurting the buds that are shaded. In fact from what I've been reading I'm going to start taking mine after 3 weeks of flower.

Thanks for sharing and feel free to post any pics any time.... stay the course my friend!
Hey blue thanks for the advice, got home too late to do any trrimming before lights out today. I'm wondering though, dont the plants startto kind of "eat" themsevs? I've read, and can see in other grows how they start to use up the stored sugars and other goodies in the larger fan leave during the later stages of flowering...which makes sense to me, but that may just be because thats what I read at some point and it just stuck with me. I understand the concept of allowing the light to penetrate down to the flowers deeper in the plant though...

Hey blue thanks for the advice, got home too late to do any trrimming before lights out today. I'm wondering though, dont the plants startto kind of "eat" themsevs? I've read, and can see in other grows how they start to use up the stored sugars and other goodies in the larger fan leave during the later stages of flowering...which makes sense to me, but that may just be because thats what I read at some point and it just stuck with me. I understand the concept of allowing the light to penetrate down to the flowers deeper in the plant though...

oh and thanks for the compliments! I cant take all the credit though, as many of the steps I have taken have been in part due to the information I've absorbed while reading your grow, so thanks to YOU and all the other gardeners who've helped you!

OH! And congrats on MoM! You deserve it, and sorry I didn't get around to voting, you would have had mine. I really didnt quite understand the whole contest concept, and didn't bother to look into it cuz I've been busy(and lazy!) But next time you get nominated for somethin I'll make it up to you!!

oh and thanks for the compliments! I cant take all the credit though, as many of the steps I have taken have been in part due to the information I've absorbed while reading your grow, so thanks to YOU and all the other gardeners who've helped you!

OH! And congrats on MoM! You deserve it, and sorry I didn't get around to voting, you would have had mine. I really didnt quite understand the whole contest concept, and didn't bother to look into it cuz I've been busy(and lazy!) But next time you get nominated for somethin I'll make it up to you!!

Thanks and don't worry about it! The awards are nice but growing great bud and helping each other out is where it's at.

When I trim, I leave the cola leaves including the cola fan leaves. I also leave lower fan leaves that aren't blocking anything and look healthy, or I just couldn't get to easily. It's true the plants will eat their leaves at the end. But I think the benefits from pruning far outweigh that benefit, and on my last grow they ate the cola fan leaves. It was really beautiful.

What I do know is a guy who posts elsewhere and seems extremely credible to me swears by it and says it increases yield by about 20%. He doesn't get popcorn buds he gets really nice lower buds. It's like the opposite of lollipopping.

I've seen his pics, he does sogs like I'm going to try and the plants are nothing but buds. It's crazy looking. He trims all fans at 21 days of flower and again at 45 days.

I'd do it tomorrow first thing and not think twice about it, but it's your grow my friend. Check your pm's.

Thanks and don't worry about it! The awards are nice but growing great bud and helping each other out is where it's at.

When I trim, I leave the cola leaves including the cola fan leaves. I also leave lower fan leaves that aren't blocking anything and look healthy, or I just couldn't get to easily. It's true the plants will eat their leaves at the end. But I think the benefits from pruning far outweigh that benefit, and on my last grow they ate the cola fan leaves. It was really beautiful.

What I do know is a guy who posts elsewhere and seems extremely credible to me swears by it and says it increases yield by about 20%. He doesn't get popcorn buds he gets really nice lower buds. It's like the opposite of lollipopping.

I've seen his pics, he does sogs like I'm going to try and the plants are nothing but buds. It's crazy looking. He trims all fans at 21 days of flower and again at 45 days.

I'd do it tomorrow first thing and not think twice about it, but it's your grow my friend. Check your pm's.

I can dig it my friend thank a bunch! I've actually been pretty big on pruning the whole way through till recently out of fear for their health. These have been some bushy bitches believe me! And I actually have done about 5 of the lowest branches that recieve the least light as an experiment a week or so ago, knowing that they'd produce the least and get used as testers anyway. I think tomorrow I'll get Edward scisor hands on 'em, although I hate it cuz they're so damn beautiful with their leaves! Thanks again!:thanks:

Hey Blue! Just wondering how much stretch you got with the AK? I'm at 12" right now and don't want anything over 30" I know the Aurora Indica doesn't stretch much and the NL gets those long colas but I'm not sure about the ak?

Not to interrupt, but speaking of NL and Aurora, I've always wondered if Aurora is a cousin of NL, being that the Aurora Borealis is referred to as "the northern lights"(which I've been fortunate enough to see as a kid living in Anchorage)?

Morning all!

I got this message all day yesterday when trying to access the site, anyone else? Makes me somewhat uneasy depending on who's fishing for our personal info.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.420magazine.com/forums
What is the current listing status for www.420magazine.com/forums?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 288 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-03-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-03-04.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including zpfkybhjm.co.cc/, webarh.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including --------------------/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS10929 (NETELLIGENT).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.420magazine.com/forums did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

============================

I've got all the normal protective software running but that stuff only stops and detects stuff it can identify... it's hardly foolproof.

I can dig it my friend thank a bunch! I've actually been pretty big on pruning the whole way through till recently out of fear for their health. These have been some bushy bitches believe me! And I actually have done about 5 of the lowest branches that recieve the least light as an experiment a week or so ago, knowing that they'd produce the least and get used as testers anyway. I think tomorrow I'll get Edward scisor hands on 'em, although I hate it cuz they're so damn beautiful with their leaves! Thanks again!:thanks:

Hey Q! That first mutilation is always the toughest, it gets easier :)

Hey Blue! Just wondering how much stretch you got with the AK? I'm at 12" right now and don't want anything over 30" I know the Aurora Indica doesn't stretch much and the NL gets those long colas but I'm not sure about the ak?

Hate to tell you this buddy but she stretched from 8-9" to about 32-33". The good news is it all fills in with buds. I got over 3z's of pure budness from her.

Not to interrupt, but speaking of NL and Aurora, I've always wondered if Aurora is a cousin of NL, being that the Aurora Borealis is referred to as "the northern lights"(which I've been fortunate enough to see as a kid living in Anchorage)?

There's some strange things goin on here:lot-o-toke:

Where did OMMs post about the Auorora go??? I replied to it and my post ended up on Light1Ups thread???

That is strange cause I read it on my phone last night, it was great info. I was wondering about the AK genetics thanks buddy.

think a post of mine from last night got bounced too........but I was likely just screwing around anyway....not that I've any short-term memory since busting into the Aurora jar............sheesh!!
Aurora is straight up Indica, (aka) "Hashplant" ....short, fat with nuggs....Every NL I've ever seen, had those Donkeydick colas, and a vaguely S.E. Asian-ish taste. I've never had a NL knock as hard as this Aurora either....it won't go away, you have to sleep it away. Terrible weed for doing anything productive....I love it:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Productivity is waaaay over-rated
:surf:

considering.....**there's a certain wisdom to my wife only allowing me to use this ancient "Latitude D400"....and buy NOTHING and give out NO personal info on it. She's so much smarter than me.....I'd have dancing vagina virus and PETA junk from watching monkeys riding aligators backs and shit...the Chinese'd have bombed me, and the christians burned my memory up, trying to calculate the 9 billion names of God, while Latvian astronomers used it off-peak hours :thumb:

High All -

I want to direct you to this thread explaining what's happened and what we are working on at present. Sorry for any inconvenience, and please keep watching the forums for any updates.

Server Scripts Blocked by Google and Loss of Data

:peacetwo:

Morning all!

I got this message all day yesterday when trying to access the site, anyone else? Makes me somewhat uneasy depending on who's fishing for our personal info.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.420magazine.com/forums
What is the current listing status for www.420magazine.com/forums?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 288 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-03-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-03-04.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including zpfkybhjm.co.cc/, webarh.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including --------------------/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS10929 (NETELLIGENT).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.420magazine.com/forums did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

============================

Hay BlueDog, I hope you're feeling better, and your absence is just from enjoying the fruits of your labors :tokin:

I saw something in another thread about some ballast issues? I couldn't find it here, there's a lot of posts :grinjoint: I have some unwanted knowledge on getting the wrong ballasts to work, there's smoke and flames involved occasionally, but it does keeps things interesting :)

:peace:

There's some strange things goin on here:lot-o-toke:

Where did OMMs post about the Auorora go??? I replied to it and my post ended up on Light1Ups thread???

Yeah hey 52! weird...I've been meaning to get back to you about the info from Nirvana about Aurora and NL, it was great info and meant to tell you thanks a bunch! But now i cant find the post...strange, but thanks again nonetheless!

Hey Blue! Hope you're doing lots better! Took your advice and trimmed tha shit outa the girls a last week, and they seem to be happy still, except, now it appears that they are starting to foxtail, and not just at the tops. Some of the nuggs on the SIDE of the top colas are doing it a little. Lol, I just tried to get a few pics to add to this post so you could see what I'm talking about, but in the pictures it doesn't look like what i'm seeing! but it's happening I swear. i'm probably just over-thinking the whole thing, but I was curious if maybe you had seen this happen before, and if it's caused by stress. Not sure if maybe I was too aggressive in pruning...I also just switched to water with no nutes...Anyway hope all is well take care...

Back
Top Bottom