Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

So I'm not really sure what the 420 points are, or what they're for, but you Blue, are the
9th richest 420 member. (Smokey mac pots is 8th, and OMM is 5th!) Crazy...

Q I forgot to answer your questions!

strain, size, flowering weeks

ak48, med, 9-11
bubblicious, short, 8-10
ww, med, 8-10
a. gold, med, 10-11

I wasn't worried to much about them finishing together but would like them to be about the same size. If they're not I can adjust their heights with risers once they stop growing.

Funny thing is the bubblicious is listed as short but they're the tallest plants and stretching like crazy. I measured the plants again today, it's been 5 or 6 days since the last time. Everything grew from 1-3 inches except the white widows, they're all about 8.5" and not growing. Most of them were slightly singed by the light at that time.

I gave all of them some of that veg supplement today so we'll see if that does anything.

Sweet, so evryone should be relatively the same height and finish. I ask because i'm going to try my hand at cloning on the next one, and a small sog(More like a PUDDLE o green in MY area!) Did you plan your strains with that in mind or did you just get lucky?

I have no idea what that means either, but I'm sure OMM is richer. He owns this place!

There's a real long time poster/mod here named Smokey MacPot, he's different than our Smokey. He created half the threads in FAQ.

I'm surprised that I'm anywhere near the top 500.

Where in the world did you find that list anyhow?

Sweet, so evryone should be relatively the same height and finish. I ask because i'm going to try my hand at cloning on the next one, and a small sog(More like a PUDDLE o green in MY area!) Did you plan your strains with that in mind or did you just get lucky?

No it was no plan at all haha. I ordered the seeds before I even knew what a sog was. In fact I was also trying to include SLH and Ultra Haze in this, they're both listed as tall and the UH is 13 weeks.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to grow again so I wanted to grow everything I had. If it works out well there will be a lot of luck involved.

I'd love to be in a place where I can do a perpetual grow, because that way you can learn your strains and plants and have mothers that you know exactly what they will give you. However I can't be here all the time and will be away some this summer and fall.

I'd have loved to have done an all ak48 sog with clones of the original. Having grown both her and a clone, I knew just what to expect. And she'd have been incredible for a big sog.

I've made lots of mistakes already and some will surely bite me in the ass. I'm hoping now my clones were rooted enough when I switched the lights. I'm starting to wonder about the ww's, if they stay that short I'll be bummed.

You can read and read and read and ask a million questions, but until you do it you don't really understand all those little things that make a big difference.... exactly when to harvest, the right way to dry and cure, knowing when the roots are established enough to transplant, just how big a plant will get when you flip the lights, when and how much to feed, to water, etc, etc. I'll get there eventually because every grow I learn a ton.

I'm stoned on Lucy tonight. That's why I'm posting so much lol. If I'd have smoked the ak48 you wouldn't be hearing a peep from me all night :smokin:

Hey OMM! Yes I'm going to use cfl's, I need them because my footprint is bigger than that light provides. So I have 4 cfl's on each side of my rectangle. I'm also rotating the plants by one spot each day, so they all get equal lighting.

Did you get the same stuff as I did from SNS? I'm really curious about their veg and flower supplements, have you tried them?

You know how I feel about blazing new trails, I'm a big chicken. Feel much better copying someone who's already succeeded.

The ww were the biggest plants early on but right now the bubblicious and a. gold are zooming by them in height. They are really stretching their bad little selves.

It's funny how growing changes one's perspective. I usually can't wait for those nice warm spring days, now I'm hoping the cold holds on for a while so I can more easily manage my temps haha. Pretty sure I'm going to have to end up moving everything back upstairs again soon, it will be easier to vent the air outside and of course that's where the a/c is. If that happens I'll shrink the frame and get everything done at once.

A clone grow may be just the thing for you OMM. In theory better yield in a smaller footprint. You'll take a 40-60 day hit up front getting your first clones going but after that you can have a nice perpetual setup running.... are you restricted in your plant numbers?

ps Of course I don't mind any cross-chatter here, the more the better!

Hi My Friend Blue! :)

Right on about the CFLs and moving each plant each day.

No, I didn't get get what you did at all. I got two vaporizers, one large and one small. A box of rolling papers, and two DVDs. One Cheech and Chong and one about all the glass products for smoking. Haven't even tried the vapes yet.:smokin:

I bought the sns products myself, but only the insecticides. Have never tried them. No bugs yet. I'm ready though! :)

Cool about the Bubblelicious and A. Gold. Nice to see them jump! Damn I love growing and watching the girls do they're thing.:ganjamon:

I hope it does stay cool for you, but we know it wont. Back up stairs you go.
Lots of trouble doing that,,,,,,but....ac sounds good and better air flow.

I know a clone grow would be cool, but, and a big but....I have a ton of seeds to grow. Got to get my money's worth. :)

Saw you give a Like over in my journal. Please come back over,,,,,I've made my decision on how I'm going to grow and you have played a big part in it. :high-five:

I have no idea what that means either, but I'm sure OMM is richer. He owns this place!

There's a real long time poster/mod here named Smokey MacPot, he's different than our Smokey. He created half the threads in FAQ.

I'm surprised that I'm anywhere near the top 500.

I do not own the place! I'm like you, I still don't know what the points are for.!

Animals. When Teddy the dog died I never wanted another, he was one of a kind. Half Pit Bull and half husky. This a bad place for long haired dogs. He was a sweetie, would love you to death. Had three cats for 19 years.
The last one died sleeping next to me. Have a pet chicken now! :)

Hi My Friend Blue! :)

Right on about the CFLs and moving each plant each day.

No, I didn't get get what you did at all. I got two vaporizers, one large and one small. A box of rolling papers, and two DVDs. One Cheech and Chong and one about all the glass products for smoking. Haven't even tried the vapes yet.:smokin:

I bought the sns products myself, but only the insecticides. Have never tried them. No bugs yet. I'm ready though! :)

Cool about the Bubblelicious and A. Gold. Nice to see them jump! Damn I love growing and watching the girls do they're thing.:ganjamon:

I hope it does stay cool for you, but we know it wont. Back up stairs you go.
Lots of trouble doing that,,,,,,but....ac sounds good and better air flow.

I know a clone grow would be cool, but, and a big but....I have a ton of seeds to grow. Got to get my money's worth. :)

Saw you give a Like over in my journal. Please come back over,,,,,I've made my decision on how I'm going to grow and you have played a big part in it. :high-five:

Hey OMM I saw your journal, I also shot you an email. I'll be back over soon.

I didn't realize you got such different stuff. 420 is still sending me a few things so I look forward to that, but SNS is awesome to put up all that product for prizes.

This is convoluted but hear me out... say you can grow 6 plants in your new space at once, you'll probably yield 2-3 z's per plant. So that will be 12-18 z's in a pretty big grow space.

Now if you took those same plants and took 6 clones each, you'd now be growing 36 clones in that same space. With 2 liters you could do that grow in a 4' x 2' area and the plants won't be over 2 feet tall. You'll be yielding .5 to over 1 z per plant, so 18-36 z's total.

I have plastic tubs from walmart, 16" x 22" that each hold 12 2-liters. If you planned your spaces right you could always have 12-24 plants finishing. You'll be growing the same strains but getting more yield in less space. There's simply no better way to maximize yield per square foot than a clone sog. You'll take a time hit getting it set up, because you have to grow the mothers then take the clones, but you could do a smaller regular grow in the meantime and get things rolling.

420fied is just cranking up a grow like that right now, check it out.

Please don't think I'm trying to tell you what you should do my friend, just trying to help you look at all your options.

Personally I like this much better. Those big plants are hard to get at, hard to get lights on, and I spent most of my time in the grow room trying not to trip over something or kick over a light. This grow is so compact it's awesome.

And even if I don't get the yield I'm hoping for at first, I know I'll get it eventually because I've seen it done. And I'll be surprised if 420fied doesn't come real close himself.

Take care my friend!

I had to retrace my steps to find it again lol, but its over there to your right, under your user control panel, scrol down and its under 420 points...Im just learning about the rep points too, fun stuff while enjoying the fruits of our labors! It seems I got reps a couple times and didnt know it, and owe a couple people thanks...:oops:

Animals. When Teddy the dog died I never wanted another, he was one of a kind. Half Pit Bull and half husky. This a bad place for long haired dogs. He was a sweetie, would love you to death. Had three cats for 19 years.
The last one died sleeping next to me. Have a pet chicken now! :)

At least it's a "pet" that would be great roasted!:)

I didn't realize you got such different stuff. 420 is still sending me a few things so I look forward to that, but SNS is awesome to put up all that product for prizes.

This is convoluted but hear me out... say you can grow 6 plants in your new space at once, you'll probably yield 2-3 z's per plant. So that will be 12-18 z's in a pretty big grow space.

Now if you took those same plants and took 6 clones each, you'd now be growing 36 clones in that same space. With 2 liters you could do that grow in a 4' x 2' area and the plants won't be over 2 feet tall. You'll be yielding .5 to over 1 z per plant, so 18-36 z's total.

I have plastic tubs from walmart, 16" x 22" that each hold 12 2-liters. If you planned your spaces right you could always have 12-24 plants finishing. You'll be growing the same strains but getting more yield in less space. There's simply no better way to maximize yield per square foot than a clone sog. You'll take a time hit getting it set up, because you have to grow the mothers then take the clones, but you could do a smaller regular grow in the meantime and get things rolling.

Please don't think I'm trying to tell you what you should do my friend, just trying to help you look at all your options.

Personally I like this much better. Those big plants are hard to get at, hard to get lights on, and I spent most of my time in the grow room trying not to trip over something or kick over a light. This grow is so compact it's awesome.

And even if I don't get the yield I'm hoping for at first, I know I'll get it eventually because I've seen it done. And I'll be surprised if 420fied doesn't come real close himself.

Take care my friend!

Man that's what I'm talking about!! I know my 2x2 is tiny, but I just pulled damn near 3 Zs from 2 girls, with no special tecniques, and I KNOW it could have been better...Thats why I wanted to grow along side you Blue, you just have a knack for positive leadership, and you have the sense for life and the way it grows. Learning from mistakes and improving with every opportunity is what its all about! :hookah:

Man that's what I'm talking about!! I know my 2x2 is tiny, but I just pulled damn near 3 Zs from 2 girls, with no special tecniques, and I KNOW it could have been better...Thats why I wanted to grow along side you Blue, you just have a knack for positive leadership, and you have the sense for life and the way it grows. Learning from mistakes and improving with every opportunity is what its all about! :hookah:

Jeez most days I can barely get out of my own way! 2x2 is really a challenge, IMO you did great to get 3 z's out of there. Now if you could get 2 chambers that size....

You could get at least 15 2 liters into a 2 x 2 space. However you'd also need to have a mother or 2 and somewhere to do your cloning. You could use the same space for everything but that will add at least a month to your grow, probably 6 weeks.

Now if you could pull 15 z's in 6 extra weeks that would be worth it, but clone sogs work best if you can be growing the next generation while the current one is flowering. That means a separate area for vegging.

Keep an eye on this grow and also 420fied's sog. He just started out so it's a perfect time to watch. He's one of the best growers here. You'll get lots of great tips and ideas.

Jeez most days I can barely get out of my own way! 2x2 is really a challenge, IMO you did great to get 3 z's out of there. Now if you could get 2 chambers that size....

You could get at least 15 2 liters into a 2 x 2 space. However you'd also need to have a mother or 2 and somewhere to do your cloning. You could use the same space for everything but that will add at least a month to your grow, probably 6 weeks.

Now if you could pull 15 z's in 6 extra weeks that would be worth it, but clone sogs work best if you can be growing the next generation while the current one is flowering. That means a separate area for vegging.

Keep an eye on this grow and also 420fied's sog. He just started out so it's a perfect time to watch. He's one of the best growers here. You'll get lots of great tips and ideas.

That really is what it comes down to! I need a place to veg mothers. I suppose it could be done without a seperate veg, and the pay out MAY be worth the extra time, but I'm still a little wet behind the ears and that would be a hell of an undertaking. I DO like the hypothysis though, those #s would be amazing...I'l definately be watching, and thanks for the tip on 420fied's gig...

That really is what it comes down to! I need a place to veg mothers. I suppose it could be done without a seperate veg, and the pay out MAY be worth the extra time, but I'm still a little wet behind the ears and that would be a hell of an undertaking. I DO like the hypothysis though, those #s would be amazing...I'l definately be watching, and thanks for the tip on 420fied's gig...

Any chance you could use a plastic garbage can or something like that? I've seen them used for mother/veg chambers. All you really need is a light and a small fan.

Take care my friend!

Hi Blue! Thanks for telling everyone, I've had enough chicken jokes.:)

Bud, I know you are not telling me what to do. We've been friends for a long time and I also try to help people to grow too, by making suggestions.

I have allot of three litter airpots and they would probably work in a SoG too.
Man that's a big yield from such a small space. I can see why your excited about it. I will probably try it. First I need to build the (room) and test it out with a grow, to make sure it's a good place to grow. Get the bugs worked out and fixed.
Another thing is I have to find out (and that's gonna be hard to do) is how many plants I can grow like that. Counting my patient I can have a total of 12 plants growing at a time...3 foot to giants, but no where have I found out how many little ones I can grow. Right now I have 4 in bloom and 3 vegging so am under the limit right now. Another thing is out here, is they keep changing who is actually in charge of MMJ in the state. They have changed departments twice in the last 6 months and of course they have to learn the laws too.

That's some amazing numbers for a small space! If I can do it, it will be great.
Might even build the old stash a bit too! Thanks Bro. :)

Any chance you could use a plastic garbage can or something like that? I've seen them used for mother/veg chambers. All you really need is a light and a small fan.

Hmmm, the old skool veg chamber!! I read about that in a book I think...It's a great idea man thanks. I consider myself a fairly smart person, but I swear I'm really starting to lose some of it, memory problems and such.(Of course I HAVE been smoking a bit more lately) How do you remember all the cool stuff you know?

I like the thought of the SOG myself:) After putting 5inch clones into flower and getting 9-15 grams from 1ft finished plants I think a little more veg time would have had them yield at least an oz each. Because mine were so small they didn't branch out so there were no side colas so they lacked in bud and weight. They were just a big bud with a few popcorns underneath.

I just went and checked my closet and can fit 25 two gallon pots without moving my fans or carbon filter. To keep on a continual I would have to be doing 12 in 12 out. I'm growing for myself and my girlfriend and the # of plants would still put me over the legal limit. Just to be on the safe side and keep things within the law I will continue to do 3 in 3 out.

Hahaha.... Why do you guys gotta plant seeds in my head

Sorry buddy haha! Plant numbers are kind of tricky to work with and pretty much rule out sogs. In my location total weight, roots and all is used. So I'd rather go down for actual useful weight, ie plants that are mostly just bud, rather than for big plants that are maybe 30% bud. Well I'd really rather keep things real quiet and not go anywhere :)

That's too bad though because you've been through it already and have a feel for the clones. It's a tricky balancing act - put them in flower too soon and they'll underproduce. However wait too long and they'll be too big. There's only about a 3-4 day window there where the porridge is just right.

Hi Blue! Thanks for telling everyone, I've had enough chicken jokes.:)

Bud, I know you are not telling me what to do. We've been friends for a long time and I also try to help people to grow too, by making suggestions.

I have allot of three litter airpots and they would probably work in a SoG too.
Man that's a big yield from such a small space. I can see why your excited about it. I will probably try it. First I need to build the (room) and test it out with a grow, to make sure it's a good place to grow. Get the bugs worked out and fixed.
Another thing is I have to find out (and that's gonna be hard to do) is how many plants I can grow like that. Counting my patient I can have a total of 12 plants growing at a time...3 foot to giants, but no where have I found out how many little ones I can grow. Right now I have 4 in bloom and 3 vegging so am under the limit right now. Another thing is out here, is they keep changing who is actually in charge of MMJ in the state. They have changed departments twice in the last 6 months and of course they have to learn the laws too.

That's some amazing numbers for a small space! If I can do it, it will be great.
Might even build the old stash a bit too! Thanks Bro. :)

Hate to say it OMM but I'll bet your plant numbers are the same no matter the size of the plants. Makes no sense but that's no surprise.

Maybe you could do some of both... a couple of big plants and then the sog inside the plastic tub. I could literally pick up my entire 20 plant grow and stash it in a closet in a minute or two. In fact I have the space cleared out to do just that. So if anyone came to call on you you could stash the sog and show them how nice and legal you are.

Now obviously if we're raided that won't help, but for a quick check it would do the trick. Just some more food for thought.

Hmmm, the old skool veg chamber!! I read about that in a book I think...It's a great idea man thanks. I consider myself a fairly smart person, but I swear I'm really starting to lose some of it, memory problems and such.(Of course I HAVE been smoking a bit more lately) How do you remember all the cool stuff you know?

Hey Q! Trust me I probably have the worst memory around here. It got so bad I started keeping a spreadsheet of other guys grows because I couldn't keep anything straight.

But sometimes I see things that are really cool like that mother clone chamber and they stick with me. If you think you can swing that you've got a whole new potential opening up.

For instance you could start a mother, take the clones and put them in your 2x2 space to root and then go into flower. That will tie that space up for 3 months. But while that's going on you could start a new mother or keep the existing one small. A month before harvest you take your new clones, pitch the mother and root them in the trash can. Then when you harvest the first group you've got clones ready to go in there, and now you're on a two month perpetual cycle.

Start a new mother, veg her for a month, take clones, root them for a month and they're ready to move into the just vacated flower room. You're now in a position to crank out 10-15 z's every other month in your little space.

Would probably take you a run or two to get the timing just right but after that....

This is another reason why it's so good to know your plants, because what might be perfect timing for ak48's might not work as well for another strain.... it's why we grow and learn and try to improve.

:peace:

So...I thought your idea of a prepaid credit card was great. I went to the Lil Champ and got a "Greendot" visa with 200.00 on it, paid the 204.95 and left. When I called to turn it on, I learned there is a hold on overseas purchases 'till the permanent one gets here in a week or so.....PAHOOIE!!
On the other hand, the plants I got finishing should be done by then, and the others can go out among the 'maters and stuff (small yet) till my Attitude Tee shirt gets here:) Lucy (again) Aurora (reg) Medusa (reg) Haze (fem) and some free stuff. Best to have an empty room when awaiting mail I reckon I'll do a journal this time. {lucy got popular...no regs (so no seed plants) and 55.00 for the five this time. Of course there's guys like Dinafem that want 25.00 a seed!!:smokin: Screw that!
Here we grow again doggie:grinjoint:

A greendot card is NOT anonomous at all. They get your phone, ssi, addy and everything before you're done......Just so you know

So I'm not really sure what the 420 points are, or what they're for, but you Blue, are the
9th richest 420 member. (Smokey mac pots is 8th, and OMM is 5th!) Crazy...

That's because this journal rocks.

Back
Top Bottom