Hey all: Greetings from England!

IMG_20210924_145141.jpg

A picture tells 1000 words haha

Your lucky lol. I'm in a flat so really struggle with airflow and have to just open windows etc
My airflow came from my lost hatch cut hole into it but going to doing it in shed once it's finished

Got my new light in. Already much more manageable temperature wise very happy with Mars hydro so far :)

IMG_20210925_230537.jpg

IMG_20210925_230521.jpg

Still touch of nutri burn but should be gone over the next week. Still only using water and black strap molasses. Already seeing improvement to fan leaves should be nice and green again soon :)

My quick review of Mars hydro Tsl2000 light on day 2 on use now and can't see me ever going back to HPS.
The light coverage is amazing rather than having the single point of the HPS you can get a nice even spread especially in a rectangular shape space, example 2 ft by 4 ft. Mars suggest a 2ft by 4 ft flower space for this light and I think that is accurate. However I really can't get across the difference in heat. In my closet grow I was regularly hitting 30 Celsius now I'm sitting comfortably at 26. That's with a ts1000 and a tsl2000 in a 2ft by 5.5 ft closet both on full power.

On arrival the light needed a little assembly but its very easy and intuitive and didn't take more than 5 minutes to have everything unboxed.

Light comes with adjustable rope hangers, a standard for any grower. Also I received a plug in timer and thermostat/humidity meter for a little extra. (I always take a spare if I can just incase) nothing special but does the basic job of giving you an idea of your environment.

The light offers a full spectrum for the whole grow process from seed/cutting through to end of flower and is fully adjustable so can keep costs low while keeping light close to plants at all stages.

Mars hydro has full information including PAR information on website which makes the hanging and % of power to use very easy, and due to alot less heat than usual HPS lights can get closer to the plant without the fear of burn.

All in all a really great budget option for anyone looking to grow some really great smoke for a really great price.

Visit www.marshydroled.co.uk if you would like to purchase this light for UK residents.
www.mars-hydro.com for USA
www.marshydro.eu for Europe

I wasn't paid or given this product I paid full price and I am creating this review in the hope I could review other products in the future.

Thanks guys and gals.

I should say I'm only on 100% due to being on week 6 of 9-10 so in pure bud mode hehe. I usually keep light close and have below 75% when in veg. And at 30% for earlier stages.

Thanks for the advice though I do agree I wasn't aware of the draw issues I've had my ts1000 on full for weeks hehe I've only just finished the setup if I'm honest I'd have rather had the Mars lights earlier but finances couldn't allow it. I think I'll start knocking them down a few % when I wake up and lights are off just incase then stick on full once things are warmed up a bit. Better to be safe than sorry :)

I should say I'm only on 100% due to being on week 6 of 9-10 so in pure bud mode hehe. I usually keep light close and have below 75% when in veg. And at 30% for earlier stages.

Thanks for the advice though I do agree I wasn't aware of the draw issues I've had my ts1000 on full for weeks hehe I've only just finished the setup if I'm honest I'd have rather had the Mars lights earlier but finances couldn't allow it. I think I'll start knocking them down a few % when I wake up and lights are off just incase then stick on full once things are warmed up a bit. Better to be safe than sorry :)
Yeah, the Sun doesn't come up at noon for 12 hours
Another stoner experiment - when the buds are towards the end of ripening, I turn the lamps way down to weak light
It appears to me that he plants get the message and rapidly frosts up/ripens
I have often seen lower buds ripen faster and wondered why - maybe?

@Growings i do know that leaving the plants in dark for 2 days before chopping can help get the final bits out but unsure about lowering the power totally before the end. I tend to run full until shutdown. The flushing process also let's the plant convert the last proteins so I dunno if taking energy away would help or hinder that process.

@Growings i do know that leaving the plants in dark for 2 days before chopping can help get the final bits out but unsure about lowering the power totally before the end. I tend to run full until shutdown. The flushing process also let's the plant convert the last proteins so I dunno if taking energy away would help or hinder that process.
Turning the light down to a more red/orange spectrum gradually mimics Autumn light
Putting it in the dark overnight is trying hopelessly to mimic that effect
The plant is no longer growing, it is just ripening like any other fruit
Besides that, strong light can deteriorate resin, I'm told

Hi everyone. Thought I should take the time to introduce myself. I'm a UK 30 odd year old indoor grower. Have done grows on and off for 10 years but more or less always for past 3 years.(parents did it so was first thought when had own place lol) Started again due to lack of consistency with smoke when buying. Find it helps with my chronic anxiety and sleeping. (although the illegal nature of growing in UK doesn't help with anxiety either lol).

Currently moving from HPS to LEDs. Bit more expensive to get going but loving the energy savings, the less heat from light and basically same yield for equivalent.

Currently have 3 x blue gelato 41 in 2 ft by 5.5ft stealth wardrobe. Used LST and topping to fill space and crops looking good. Will include some pics later when lights are on.

People will probably be sick of seeing me here quite soon lol. Its great to find a safe secure place to share growing tips and learn from the amazing experienced community which is here.
Welcome moony :ganjamon:

Turning the light down to a more red/orange spectrum gradually mimics Autumn light
Putting it in the dark overnight is trying hopelessly to mimic that effect
The plant is no longer growing, it is just ripening like any other fruit
Besides that, strong light can deteriorate resin, I'm told
I'll definitely bare that in mind for the future. I of course keep the tops of my colas ventilated with oscillating fans everywhere lol but with me just converting I'm definitely trying to find the limits with the lights again so I'll keep an eye out for any deterioration at all incase I'm a bit too low with the lights.
Welcome moony :ganjamon:
Thanks Canadian :)

Time for an update with some photos :). Starting to see some effects of the flushing after the stupid nute burn. A lesson learned and luckily didn't reach the bud so phew! I think I lost some yield with temperature issues before I got both Mars Hydro Leds in. Temps are great now and with just under 3 weeks left I hope they can help get the last bit of yield out of my ladies.

3 x blue gelato 41. The smell is absolutely amazinf at this point so sweet and tangy with a touch of earth. Can't wait to taste this crop hehe. Managed to get a decent show of the thc this time too.

Hope you enjoy :)

IMG_20210929_022454.jpg

IMG_20210929_022503.jpg

IMG_20210929_022509.jpg

IMG_20210929_022528.jpg

IMG_20210929_022803.jpg

Light looks so much more spread now
Hell yeah buddy and the heat is amazing. Sitting nice and comfortable at 25 Celsius. @Mars Hydro TSL2000 doing its job brilliantly :) i just hope I can gt my hands on the FC 6500 for my tent grow when this one is finished :)

Back
Top Bottom