Hey guys first timer

Cocobear

Hey guys so growing my first grow, just something small as a hobby really. Running leds 600w growing a northern lights and royal gorilla auto. Using a plagron soil and directly planted into 10l pot. Watering like every 6 days due to slow drying (plenty of ventalation and the temp never exceeds 25.5, never drops more than 5 degrees. Added a token feed of nutes once but really was a low amount 20% of recommened.

So the lower leafs started dying, tips went first now travelling down the leafs, it’s started from the bottom up. Both plants are same age, few days off 4 weeks.

Any ideas what’s went wrong so I can correct or learn for next time. Attached pics, smaller one is NL bigger darker is Royal Gorilla.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 149
Try some pics with natural light, pretty hard to tell with the blurple

What's her water pH

Probably over watering if takes 6 days to dry

Plus I read just now that soil dosent need nutes for like six weeks, no clue if it's designed for cannabis or not

Try some pics with natural light, pretty hard to tell with the blurple

What's her water pH

Probably over watering if takes 6 days to dry

Plus I read just now that soil dosent need nutes for like six weeks, no clue if it's designed for cannabis or not

Much appreciated for the quick response.
I’ll get those pics now

Both plants have the same issue it seems. Yeah I thought buying good soil was a great idea but seems maybe not. Ph is 6.0

Attachments

• 1FC07ECD-A734-4899-BDCC-B97B5792D258.jpeg
    1FC07ECD-A734-4899-BDCC-B97B5792D258.jpeg
    610.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 851FE9FB-DD7B-4B29-9FCC-7A46394E0556.jpeg
    851FE9FB-DD7B-4B29-9FCC-7A46394E0556.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 0FDA0BDE-067F-4697-BDDC-9D3DE9FF57ED.jpeg
    0FDA0BDE-067F-4697-BDDC-9D3DE9FF57ED.jpeg
    517.3 KB · Views: 162
  • A48E0915-3C8F-4CA4-96B7-E0BB92BCB09A.jpeg
    A48E0915-3C8F-4CA4-96B7-E0BB92BCB09A.jpeg
    506 KB · Views: 163
I have since started 3 more but just in coco/perlite in the hope I have more control over what goes in, suppose I was hoping for a diagnosis and if they can be saved or should I just cut my losses

Sounds to me like that mix is hot. After reading up on it, did you rinse it first?

Plagron Allmix is maximally fertilised. Young plants that are not yet accustomed to high EC-values may struggle when they are suddenly planted into a maximally fertilised soil. Therefore we recommend that you flush the Plagron Allmix before putting the plant into the Plagron Allmix. This is done by filling the pot (eg 10 liters) with Plagron Allmix and rinsing it with 5 to 10 liters of water. After this, the plant can be planted directly. The directly available nutrients will be flushed out with the water. Within the following days, the EC value in Plagron Allmix will rise again and gradually the non absorbable fertilisers will be released.

Characteristics
Peat, perlite, worm castings, organic fertlisers.
pH (H2O) 6.5 - 7.9
EC (mS/cm) 1.5 - 2.2
NPK fertiliser (1-2-1)

I'm not sure if they want you to pH at that range, so it's most likely you're low at 6.0.

I agree with yellow ball up there. Looks like the mix is too hot for babies. I was noticing the green in the leaves too, how high is the light and is there a dimmer on it. The reason I ask is, I just gotta new light and I'm seeing that same kind of discoloration in my leaves. I don't think the burnt leaves and the discoloration in the healthier leaves is from the same thing. I would definitely be focused on finding out why leaves are burning and maybe adjust the power on the light down a little, if you can.

I have made a rookie mistake and not rinsed no. Too eager to get going and missed that, it did dawn on me though

You can do a flush, just to help rinse out the soil. I would wait the 6 or 7 days for drying, if you can and then PH some water to 6.0 and run it through the soil until you've got good run off.

Hey guys so growing my first grow, just something small as a hobby really. Running leds 600w growing a northern lights and royal gorilla auto. Using a plagron soil and directly planted into 10l pot. Watering like every 6 days due to slow drying (plenty of ventalation and the temp never exceeds 25.5, never drops more than 5 degrees. Added a token feed of nutes once but really was a low amount 20% of recommened.

So the lower leafs started dying, tips went first now travelling down the leafs, it’s started from the bottom up. Both plants are same age, few days off 4 weeks.

Any ideas what’s went wrong so I can correct or learn for next time. Attached pics, smaller one is NL bigger darker is Royal Gorilla.
600 watts from the wall or 600 watt equivalent?

I have made a rookie mistake and not rinsed no. Too eager to get going and missed that, it did dawn on me though
soil is 6-7 ph, you should stick with 6.5
6.0 ph is for a hydro medium, are you in coco peat? hydroponic medium is 5.5-6.5 so i shoot for 6 in the hydro.
i wouldnt bother flushing personally, theres no reason to your plants dont look bad, after a few grows you wont even think twice about the seedlings looking like that at the start.
as long as the plant is still growing and the top leaves are green you have plenty of time to sort the problem out if you correct the ph of your nutrient mix GOING IN
unless you are growing for some organized crime syndicate that will kill you for not making a quota lol

I agree with yellow ball up there. Looks like the mix is too hot for babies. I was noticing the green in the leaves too, how high is the light and is there a dimmer on it. The reason I ask is, I just gotta new light and I'm seeing that same kind of discoloration in my leaves. I don't think the burnt leaves and the discoloration in the healthier leaves is from the same thing. I would definitely be focused on finding out why leaves are burning and maybe adjust the power on the light down a little, if you can.

You can do a flush, just to help rinse out the soil. I would wait the 6 or 7 days for drying, if you can and then PH some water to 6.0 and run it through the soil until you've got good run off.
i have started many seeds in ffof, i highly doubt his mix is too hot, much more likely his ph is off.
what kind of ph meter are you using to check your nutes?

How much should I flush with a 10l pot?

Wattage 600w with input of 265w
Tent is 0.8m2
i wouldnt flush, you dont have a build up of nutrients, only thing flushing is gonna do is stunt your plant even more from having it be overwatered and damp for days.
at this point youre better off starting new seeds than to flush.
the plants are so yound you will waste a week recovering from the flush.
unless the leaf issues get worse and spread to the plant, i wouldnt worry about it.
check back in 24 hrs before you flush, flushing is incredibly stressful and also encourages a enviroment for fungus gnats due to the wet enviroment

what is your medium? coco peat or is it soil?
are you using tap water or ro?
is the leaf issue only on the bottom leaf?
if its only on the bottom leaf its a mobile nutrient issue, so could be either locked out from low ph ( which i bet it is) or the plant is underfed on said nutrient, which at this stage it probably isnt.
did your cotyledon leaves turn yellow and shrivel up or are they still there?

Back
Top Bottom