Hi! Does anyone know how much rain it will take to cause budrot

Canigrowbetterbuds

I woke up this morning and looked outside....the sky has been pissing down rain and I'm already hungover af. Problem is my plants are about 2 weeks from harvest and being this close I was wondering if anyone had so advice like how long does it take for budrot to set in? How much rain? Should I harvest them wet from rain or wait until they dry off and weather is better....let me know what you think

I woke up this morning and looked outside....the sky has been pissing down rain and I'm already hungover af. Problem is my plants are about 2 weeks from harvest and being this close I was wondering if anyone had so advice like how long does it take for budrot to set in? How much rain? Should I harvest them wet from rain or wait until they dry off and weather is better....let me know what you think
If they get dried out by the sun you are good...it is when they get wet and stay wet that budrot hits...give the plants a gentle shake to get excess water off and pray for a sunny day!

:goodluck:

Too many factors to say "this much", as varies on the Strain susceptibility to that and how much airflow or dense the plant is and temps and and humidity and.......Best to have a way to cover them if you can, otherwise keep an eye on them as it can go stupid on you in a hurry, trim it off when/if you find it and don't let trimmed parts touch plant anywhere else and clean your cutters with alcohol so it doesn't spread on you.

If they get dried out by the sun you are good...it is when they get wet and stay wet that budrot hits...give the plants a gentle shake to get excess water off and pray for a sunny day!

Too many factors to say "this much", as varies on the Strain susceptibility to that and how much airflow or dense the plant is and temps and and humidity and.......Best to have a way to cover them if you can, otherwise keep an eye on them as it can go stupid on you in a hurry, trim it off when/if you find it and don't let trimmed parts touch plant anywhere else and clean your cutters with alcohol so it doesn't spread on you.
It hasn't rained since but looks to be rain tomorrow aswell I think I might have to cut my losses and chop them down which is unfortunate but maybe I chop half and risk half

It hasn't rained since but looks to be rain tomorrow aswell I think I might have to cut my losses and chop them down which is unfortunate but maybe I chop half and risk half

yeah it is a tough decision to make, I lost quite a bit to budrot couple years ago, lost very little last year but I found a way to cover it from rain, bought a cheapo floorless greenhouse thingy that worked pretty good:

If they dried out sufficiently since the rain you can get some large trash bags and just cover them...my whole region got nailed with weeks of high humidity and intermittent sun....lots of budrot....but if you check it daily you can catch it, then harvest.

This is what I setup outside. I'm using fabric pots and put them on top of milk crates then I put something under the milk crate to give it a little bit of a slant so xtra water runs off. It's been working great so far.

20210715_082040.jpg

Back
Top Bottom