Hi friends

Hello!

I’m on day 38 of my first grow. Started off strong, but am a little unsure whether my plants are progressing as they should be...

Northern Lights auto flowers
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
Low stress training
Indoor grow tent with LED panel

I guess if anyone is an expert in these specific areas hit me up!

The research I’ve been doing so far makes my head spin!

Thanks!
SFTP

Hello!

I’m on day 38 of my first grow. Started off strong, but am a little unsure whether my plants are progressing as they should be...

Northern Lights auto flowers
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
Low stress training
Indoor grow tent with LED panel

I guess if anyone is an expert in these specific areas hit me up!

The research I’ve been doing so far makes my head spin!

Thanks!
SFTP
Hi Stash, welcome! Hehe, reading until your eyes bleed is a common side effect of learning how to grow this awesome weed. What are your concerns? Can you post some pics in regular light? Do you have any nutes? There's a link to growing autos in my signature under the completed journals and other such things if you like.

Hi all,

Attached are some pics.

-Northern Lights auto flower.
-I’m on week 6 (day 38 specifically).
-I turned on the Bloom channel to my LED about 9 days ago and am continuing to run 18/6.
-Fox Farm Ocean Forest
-Have not fed any nutrients yet
-Using regular tap water with a PH of 7.5
-Current runoff is 2700 PPM and PH is 5.5

The leaf tips, especially on newer growth, are yellow and curling upward a bit. I’ve read this is due to too many nutrients, but I haven’t used any nutrients, although I guess FFOF soil is pretty nutrient dense. When I test the water runoff the PPM keeps going up and the PH seems to be slowly declining as I progress.

I was watering every other day, but am doing every 3rd day now. It was a little droopy and now seems more perky. I read if you water too much the plant will take in too many nutrients.

I thought I’d see some buds by now - but I’ve read sometimes autoflowers take longer than advertised. Its also been a little cold in the tent when the lights are off.

I appreciate any feedback.

Attachments

• 130D25DB-1703-4AF1-A2C2-2A6E6DAA5381.jpeg
    130D25DB-1703-4AF1-A2C2-2A6E6DAA5381.jpeg
    673.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 23392281-CFE9-4D3E-89A3-6ADCC04373D9.jpeg
    23392281-CFE9-4D3E-89A3-6ADCC04373D9.jpeg
    873.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 607B0EAE-49D3-47D2-A524-07E009E588DD.jpeg
    607B0EAE-49D3-47D2-A524-07E009E588DD.jpeg
    779 KB · Views: 36
:welcome: to :420: @Stash from the Past
Hi all,

Attached are some pics.

-Northern Lights auto flower.
-I’m on week 6 (day 38 specifically).
-I turned on the Bloom channel to my LED about 9 days ago and am continuing to run 18/6.
-Fox Farm Ocean Forest
-Have not fed any nutrients yet
-Using regular tap water with a PH of 7.5
-Current runoff is 2700 PPM and PH is 5.5

The leaf tips, especially on newer growth, are yellow and curling upward a bit. I’ve read this is due to too many nutrients, but I haven’t used any nutrients, although I guess FFOF soil is pretty nutrient dense. When I test the water runoff the PPM keeps going up and the PH seems to be slowly declining as I progress.

I was watering every other day, but am doing every 3rd day now. It was a little droopy and now seems more perky. I read if you water too much the plant will take in too many nutrients.

I thought I’d see some buds by now - but I’ve read sometimes autoflowers take longer than advertised. Its also been a little cold in the tent when the lights are off.

I appreciate any feedback.
First, you don't need to check runoff (slurry test) if the plants healthy, yours is :thumb: as far as the new growth being twisted and lighter colored, it looks like nutrient burn, nitrogen specifically, tell tale sign is leaf tips turning yellow
Your leaves are "saw toothed" which in my garden says it's too hot, the warmer it is, the more water/food they're going to want and actually you should have been feeding since week 2...
My Purple Haze autos are only 18 days from sprout and just got fed

Thank you for your response!

I’m using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and I’ve read it can be “too hot” and have too many nutrients in it so I was avoiding feeding.

So should I feed them nutrients, except nitrogen?

Back
Top Bottom