Hi from north ga mtns

Bronze

Hi again, last time I was here I had to go to work. Then a day or two later the harddrive crashed. Bummer. I just got it going again. I will tell you all alittle about me. I have injoyed our favorite herb for over 30 years now. Have been growing off and on for 20 years. Got busted by cops in the air and that wasn't nice. Only had a few plants out back ( in the sticks ) but it cost me and my better half total $ 40,000.00, 10 years probation of which 2 years of intense probation with piss tests any time of day. This was several years ago and we have since recovered. But recently my company I work for has decided to start random hair folical tests. They gave us 3 months to clean up, thank god, and I had to quit smoking my killer hybrid I grew, that I called Southern Komfort. It took 89 days before I could pass a store bought piss test. We were heavy smokers and my wife quit a few weeks later. Physically it wasn't that hard, but mentally it was. Especially the thought of being forced to quit to keep a good paying job. I want to now be more active in the movement to re-educate the brain washed people about marijuana. The following is something I wrote and edited that I want to post everywhere. Tell me what you think.
I will tell you why marijuana should be legalized. It should never have been illegal in the first place. Back in the early part of the last century, the tobacco industry was buying most of their tobacco crops from the small American family farms. But then the farmers started to grow hemp for rope and other products on their farms because it was more profitable and easier to grow. This hurt the profits of the tobacco industry and they started to lobby the government. The tobacco industry started a campaign with the government to make marijuana and therefore hemp dangerous. They made up lies about marijuana to sway public opinion against marijuana and they succeeded to pass laws against marijuana and hemp. This forced the farmers to revert back to growing tobacco again. Since then our government has faultily incarcerated millions of people at the cost of billions of dollars of the tax payers and convicted people's money for the illegal growing, distribution and use of marijuana. The irony of this is tobacco has caused more death and harm to peoples health then most any other substance. Marijuana on the other hand has very little effect on a persons health and has been proven to help people with certain health issues. Marijuana taken in moderate doses relaxes a persons mood. Millions of people use marijuana daily around the world with no side effects and you don't see them admitted into hospitals. Marijuana users drive cars every day without causing accidents or hurting anybody anymore then someone that doesn't smoke marijuana. Most people are more cautious on marijuana. No one has died from an overdose of marijuana. And people have been using marijuana for over 5000 years. Most people that hold a negative opinion towards marijuana, do so because they have been bombarded by false information over and over. For over 70 years the lies have been told. If you really want to know the truth, you should take 2 or 3 inhaled hits from a good quality marijuana joint and feel what the meaning of being stoned really means. Then you will realize for the first time that its no problem at all. And if you did not like the feeling then in a short time afterwards its over with no side effects what so ever. Marijuana can help the world to be a better place. We should legalize marijuana worldwide. And we should not tax it anymore then we tax any herb that grows. Marijuana should not be placed in the same category as tobacco or alcohol. Growing and distributing marijuana will make money naturally for the governments by creating many jobs for the tax paying people. It will stimulate the economy and generate a large support infrastructure for the hemp and marijuana industry. Hemp itself is used in many ways from making rope to making clothing to making renewable fuel. We need to end this prohibition now. Its time to educate yourself about the truth of Marijuana. Use the internet and see for yourself all the amazing benefits marijuana can do for the world.
Peace.

Bronze
North Ga Mtns

Bronze, it is tough living in a bible belt state and live free. In such a state to be an effective activist and stay out of jail, you just about have to remove yourself from growing which absolutely sucks. I think if I wasn't growing and clean, I would go and try to purchase some marijuana tax stamps from the state government. Did they get you for not having stamps when you were busted, on top of their other insane charges?

Welcome to the 420 Magazine. I am a relatively new member myself.

I am sorry about your troubles. I have lived in a tough place myself, Louisiana. I was not raised there, but moved there for a job in 2008. Thank god I got out of there. I had to buy Mostly Mexican brick and all my friends told me that if I got caught "Manufacturing" marijuana I would most definitely go to prison. Driving down the interstate between Houston and New Orleans was panic city for all in the car. I made sure I never had more than I could eat in my car and I was always ready for a stop and subsequent vehicle search. I read in the papers that the New Orleans Prosecutor was putting people in prison for 5 years for a second MJ offense no matter how small. I took that to mean if they found a crumb in your carpet after one of these searches you were going to be put into one of the world's roughest prison systems.

So I am a bit aware of the problems you faced in the south. I am on the west coast now, and although the politics are so crappy here, and the police will go after you for other reasons, if you want to smoke weed in your home, get a medical license or other things cannabis related you can live in Less Fear. If I were you I would consider moving to the west coast or other places that are more MJ Friendly.

I hate the fact that jobs can control you by the lure of money to live on with the control of what you do on your off-hours. I hate that more than the government and you are seeing it first hand with the threat of losing your job if you do not toe the line. I would be seriously considering doing something else to make a living that is less intrusive into your personal life. It may take time to figure out what that is, or get it going, but I do not see things changing in the south or the workforce in general any time soon.

Peace to you brother.

PS. I am currently staying clean for a possible pre-employment drug screen myself. I hate it.

:welcome:to 420Mag! We are here to spread Cannabis Awareness and Information across the universe. Bronze my friend I truly am sorry you have to stop smoking Marijuana and like your post but want to encourage you to refine your future placard to encompass the truthful information avalible here at 420Mag. There was also DuPont Chemical pressuring Congress alongside the racist activists and puritanical nincompoops. The Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 and The Controlled Substances Act of 1970 have forced millions into prisons and abject poverty. These Laws must be repealled and modified.
:surf: Our https://www.420magazine.com/community/ and tell us what you think? I will provide some links to our Legal MMJ Gardens that will blow your mind. These and all 420Mag members will be happy you dropped by to say hello. If there is anything we can assist you with please let us know. Have a great and safe time, see you on the boards.
Here you grow:
Check this hash out guys!
Kron's 2010 Summer to Fall Medigrow
OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains
Irishboy's 1080w GLH Inferno
Lavendars'-Continual Harvest-5th Grow
Chromes Gone Hempy: "Kushberry" + Bagseed/Bagseed Clone: CFLs!
420 Cannasumer Reports - Seed Madness Medical Grow by The Butcher

Thanks all to those kind words and ideas. I would love to go out west but with the economy like it is, we just couldn't sell our house for a fair amount. Plus jobs out there are just as hard to find as here. I am working on a new product idea for growers. If I can get the funds together then you all may see me move to a friendly state. And yes Wingman 420 you are right, I will check Dupont and other crap Congress imposed on us. That big bust we had did not result in any more then 3 days in jail, but the fines were outragious. The southern states suck but I've lived here most of my life. It's home for now. Time to go.
Peace

Bronze

Back
Top Bottom