HiddenGrow's First Outdoor Grow - Fast Flower?

HiddenGrow

Hey there 420Community, This will be my first post on this site and I can't wait for feedback and tips. I have been growing for two years under California's MMJ program and I decided to challenge growing outdoor.
I have five plants outside under a plastic shade to minimize heat stress.
-Two of them are SuperBubbaKush One supercropped at a young age the other left alone
-One Tahoe Express Topped and showing signs of Finishing flowering
-One Skywalker Topped
-One Adopted headband from a friend that couldn't figure out the whole PH thing.
I've had them outside since early june about a foot tall each and by mid July all the plants had burst into flowering, I live in a valley so I assume thats why they are flowering early. Anyway the Tahoe is from a cut of mine that had a 7-8 week flowering time but at just over a month all the hairs have turned brown without even filling out that well.
I have given my plants a month of veg under 4 4ft T5 lights
3 Gallon plant bags with the bottoms cut out to expand the roots
FloroGrow for veg
SensiBloom A & B
OverDrive
Sensizym
A mixture of Bug Blood, Big Bud, Flora Nectar, B-52, SM90, Super Thrive, CAL/MAG gifted from a fellow grower
Photos Coming As soon as I figure this site out

Re: HiddenGrow's First Outdoor Grow (Fast Flower?)

Pictures Taken 8-10 TahoeExpress Plant 6 Weeks into flowering
TahoeExpress_Cola_8-10_2.jpg
TahoeExpress_Cola_8-10.jpg
TahoeExpress_8-10_4.jpg
TahoeExpress_8-10_3.jpg
TahoeExpress_8-10_2.jpg
TahoeExpress_8-10_1.jpg
TE_Top_View_8-10.jpg

Wow that took me a while to figure out, I had to go to advanced to get anything done, Here are my other plants the two SuperBubbaKushes and a Skywalker with sativa-like traits.
One SBK was super cropped as a youngster and the other was left alone, I was interested in seeing the different results.
All my plants are on separate nutrient mixtures of the Sensibloom A and B since they are different strains.
The Supercropped SBK is really bushy and green due to an excess of N in her mixture I have switched to just the Part B for this plant to help her fill out
SBK1_Top_View_8-10_2.jpg
SBK1_Top_View_8-10_1.jpg
SBK1_8-10.jpg
SBK1_8-10_2.jpg
SBK1_8-10_3.jpg
SBK1_8-10_4.jpg
SBK1_Stem.jpg

The unsupercropped SBK was attacked by caterpillars and heat stressed when transplanted so it didn't produce much although the nugs are dense and frosty.
SBK2_Top_View_8-10_1.jpg
SBK2_8-10.jpg
SBK2_8-10_2.jpg
SBK2_8-10_3.jpg
SBK2_8-10_4.jpg
SBK2_8-10_5.jpg
SBK2_Stem.jpg

Last But not least the Skywalker, This one seems to have a longer flowering cycle, it is forming its colas rather than becoming quick nugs. It is starting to get a pine smell to the flower
SkyWalker_Top_View_2.jpg
SkyWalker_Top_View.jpg
SkyWalker_8-10_2.jpg
SkyWalker_8-10.jpg

So I have begun to notice slight brown spots similar to nute burn developing on the outside of my leaves on the TahoeExpress plant, I'm wondering if it is caused by the plant using up all the left over nitrogen it has stored. It could be nute burn though. I began flushing the small SBK and the TE yesterday so I expect to harvest in a week or two depending on how the plants are doing then. I will post some before and after pictures of all the plants today when I get home from work.
The big SBK seems to be bulking up these past two days and the Skywalker is getting taller and filling out more.

:helpsmilie:UpDate: The Tahoe Express has been showing rapid leaf decay on most of its fan leaves, it appears to be normal nitrogen def. I started flushing it a week ago and the Leaves started dying a day after. Is this Normal? I'm gonna try upload pictures today.
Any Input helps

Here are various nug shots from the Tahoe Express, as you can see there are a few brown spots developing on the leaves around the bud sites. These shots are from last week about a day after I started the flushing process.
I am using Sledgehammer 10ml to a gal with few drops of molasses as a carb/flavor boost
WP_20140814_002.jpg
WP_20140814_003.jpg
WP_20140814_004.jpg
WP_20140814_005.jpg
WP_20140814_006.jpg

Here are a few shots of the buds taken yesterday, All the leaves have appeared to yellow up, typical when flushing, but I've noticed that there are a lot more flowers coming through the plant even when the leaves are dying and drying up. I'm worried I have started the flushing process too early. :straightface: I tend to be impatient when it comes down to the last few weeks because so much can happen to these precious beings. I started flushing the small super bubbaKush at the same time as the Tahoe because it too was looking ready, but it isn't showing the same problems as the Tahoe. I'm worried that the heat is finally catching up to the Tahoe. It was 95F yesterday. Yikes! thank god i have a little ghetto shade for the little guys.
WP_20140817_006.jpg
WP_20140817_007.jpg
WP_20140819_007.jpg
WP_20140819_009.jpg
WP_20140819_010.jpg
WP_20140819_012.jpg
WP_20140819_011.jpg

Any Imput Will help! :Namaste:

Here is the Smaller SuperBubbaKush before and after the flush.
Before
WP_20140817_014.jpg
WP_20140817_015.jpg
WP_20140817_013.jpg

After
WP_20140819_022.jpg
WP_20140819_023.jpg
WP_20140819_024.jpg

It's sure stressful on the eyes figuring out which picture is which in the selection Bar.
As you can see there is no nitrogen deficiency the plant seems to be continuing its flowering process.

This is the Skywalker, it's suffering form a minor nute burn so I have cut back its feeding cycle for one watering.
WP_20140819_016.jpg
WP_20140819_028.jpg
WP_20140819_027.jpg
WP_20140819_026.jpg

Here is my supercropped SuperBubbaKush
WP_20140819_019.jpg
WP_20140819_018.jpg

Mr.Kitters just chilling in the shade
WP_20140819_017.jpg

Just About everyone
WP_20140818_001.jpg

The outdoor experience was a letdown this season. During the last few weeks of flowering my plants were raided by many caterpillars. I found necrosis in most of the buds after harvest and I trimmed away what I could and was left with 4 oz of usable material.
I ran the material through my bubble bags and got 34gs of good quality hash that I will be smoking on till next harvest. I will be starting another journal soon with a Mars 2 1600w in a 5x5 area. Hopefully I can generate more interest and feedback next time.

Hopefully This will be moved From journals in progress to completed or abandoned depending on what would classify this.

Quick Note... The whole outdoor Experience was much harder than I expected. There are too many variables that are out of control. One day I hope to produce a successful outdoor plant. Until then Practice makes Perfect.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom