Haystack's Outdoor Grow

hello !

Also our Sugar Haze have colombian genetics in it.... and for poison I'll go with Power Africa!

Have a great week guys
I'm looking for something that is pest and mold resistant. That's why I was thinking Colombian Gold and Durban Poison. And if you have a recommendation for a pest and mold resistant indica, if be interested in that too.

If you go to Seedsman's website (and most other banks for that matter) they have a filter section to the left of the main pane that allows you to drill down for what you are looking for. Insect and mold resistance are choices you can select by as well as many others.

HARVEST DAY!
I started cutting down one of the plants this morning.

This is what I've got so far.

This is what I left. I'm going to let it grow as long as the weather permits. But I'm pretty sure the weather will hold up for at least another three weeks.

Here it is after washing and hanging. I'm not sure how much there will be after drying. But it looks to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 lbs.

After washing, this is what the wash buckets look like. It's hard to tell how dirty they are in the orange buckets. But trust me, they are pretty dirty.
Awsome harvest Haystack! :welldone:

Wow, HS, they are huge colas! How much bigger can they get?!?!? Question - I'm looking to find a strong indica (couchlock) strain. How is Gorilla Glue for that? ty

Wow, HS, they are huge colas! How much bigger can they get?!?!? Question - I'm looking to find a strong indica (couchlock) strain. How is Gorilla Glue for that? ty
I'm not sure how much bigger they will get. But it's like they went into turbo mode in the last three weeks. I'm watching the trichs closely. As soon as they start showing some amber trichs, I'm chopping them down. As far as potency goes, I've tried some already and it really puts me down for a while. If you want couchlock GG4 can do it. It's definitely more potent than the UltraViolence I'm growing.

Looking good there haystack. With this one and that last indoor you should be set for a while no?

Hahaha, you would think I'd be set. But I already committed to a friend that we would start another grow as soon as this one is done. It's going to be my first time with hydro. So you can be sure I'll have another journal in the next month or two. He's paying for everything, so I said what the hell, let's do it. This will be a learning experience for sure. But I hear that a hydro grow goes a lot faster than a soil grow. Like I've said before. I'm more addicted to growing than I am to smoking. But once that grow is done, I'll be taking a few months off and starting a new grow in the spring. I'll start it in the tent some time in April and then move it outdoors in June. Fun stuff

Did a little jarring today. Unfortunately I got sick at the beginning of the week and got a little lazy. I should have jarred everything up on Thursday, but let it sit till today. I had to add a little piece of lemon zest to rehydrate them a bit.

I did a little more harvesting, trimming and washing this evening.

But there's still a lot more to go.

I was gonna let the rest grow for another week, but the mold is getting to be a big pain. So I'm going to harvest most of the remaining buds tomorrow. I'll let the rest continue to grow. It won't be really good bud, but I can use it for butter or maybe make some FECO or something. I've never made FECO before, but I'm going to have about two pounds of trim when it's all done, so I might as well do something with it.

Man between those plants and the grow before you harvested some good weight. When I saw this outdoor I was wondering how you were going to harvest these plants. That is a lot of trimming which I don't care for. It's awesome that you can do it outside. The overwhelming smell kills my nose.

Hiya SamSmith,

Very nice job, man. Hard to keep them growing when bud rot starts in. Really hard for me to "throw away" buds. All part of the experience, I guess. Like trimming. Yeah, it's a pain, but getting high while the snow flies, priceless! I've been trimming for 3 days now, all day. But, just a little more. Cheers to you.

Man between those plants and the grow before you harvested some good weight. When I saw this outdoor I was wondering how you were going to harvest these plants. That is a lot of trimming which I don't care for. It's awesome that you can do it outside. The overwhelming smell kills my nose.
Harvesting and jarring everything up is always the hardest part of my grows. I thought I was going to have some help, but that didn't happen. I'm hoping my son will help today.

It is better to trim outside. But a lot of trim still gets in the house . I spent a good 30 minutes cleaning up yesterday. Now I'm gonna mess it up all over again today. Lol. I'll probably leave it a mess until I jar everything up in a few days .

I hate being sick. I should have had both plants harvested today. I got close, but just ran out of gas. I should be able to finish in a couple hours tomorrow .

But here's about 3.5 lbs on the drying rack.

And here's what's left of the two GG4's I've been working on today. There's still some pretty big colas left. Probably 1/4 to 1/2 lb left.

I've already got about 3.5 lbs jarred up, but it's mostly the UltraViolence plants that I'm not very happy with. It smokes good and is pretty stoney. But a lot of the buds are light and fluffy. The GG4's are a lot more dense and heavy. I love dense and heavy. Lol.

Hey everyone. A few pics from this morning.

This is the last of the buds I have from the GG4's. I can't believe I finally got through all of this. That was a lot of work. But now that it's done, I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it all.

I'll have some more pics of the final tally once I get it all labeled.

Back
Top Bottom