Haystack's Outdoor Grow

Here are a few pics after mother nature's little bud wash. They're leaning a little more than usual, but looking good. Crossing my fingers.
You trimmed those larger sugar leaves on the stalk?...good idea to keep the rot down (and/or see it better).

You trimmed those larger sugar leaves on the stalk?...good idea to keep the rot down (and/or see it better).
I did trim them. It just gives the buds a little better air flow. I haven't trimmed all of them yet. But I hope to have them all done by this weekend. Then I'm going to start cutting them down. Some of the buds have enough amber trichs now, so they'll come down. Those that aren't ready will continue to ripen on the vine. That way they'll reach maximum potency and I won't be overwhelmed cutting and washing.

Oh, by the way. I was able to save two oz off the branches I had to cut off earlier due to the mold. They came out looking good and are mold free. I threw away the moldy parts and washed the good buds with h202.

I did trim them. It just gives the buds a little better air flow. I haven't trimmed all of them yet. But I hope to have them all done by this weekend. Then I'm going to start cutting them down. Some of the buds have enough amber trichs now, so they'll come down. Those that aren't ready will continue to ripen on the vine. That way they'll reach maximum potency and I won't be overwhelmed cutting and washing. Oh, by the way. I was able to save two oz off the branches I had to cut off earlier due to the mold. They came out looking good and are mold free. I threw away the moldy parts and washed the good buds with h202.

Just did a final trim of the 4x plants I harvested on Sun/Mon...good chance to see if there was any bits of rot I missed...I hit them all with H2O2 which makes the spots even darker (which helps my aging eyes!)

Hey were you able to find any of those Columbian or poison strains? I haven’t started looking yet..

I've looked around a little bit. The only ones I can find seem to come from overseas like this one. Colombian Gold I know there is a member here that goes by the name @SeedsMan is he the guy that runs that website? I don't know.

I was hoping to buy some locally. The only seeds I have ever purchased was some Durban Poison seed from a local dispensary. But that dispensary closed down. There are a few other dispensaries that sell seeds, but they are all hybrid seeds and that's not what I'm looking for. I'll probably put up a thread asking where others get there. Mostly because buying something like seeds on the internet still seems a little sketchy to me.

Just did a final trim of the 4x plants I harvested on Sun/Mon...good chance to see if there was any bits of rot I missed...I hit them all with H2O2 which makes the spots even darker (which helps my aging eyes!)
Hahaaaa. I know what you mean about aging eyes. They just don't work as well as they used to. Even with my glasses on I have a hard time seeing really small things like tiny spots of mold.

I've looked around a little bit. The only ones I can find seem to come from overseas like this one. Colombian Gold I know there is a member here that goes by the name @SeedsMan is he the guy that runs that website? I don't know. I was hoping to buy some locally. The only seeds I have ever purchased was some Durban Poison seed from a local dispensary. But that dispensary closed down. There are a few other dispensaries that sell seeds, but they are all hybrid seeds and that's not what I'm looking for. I'll probably put up a thread asking where others get there. Mostly because buying something like seeds on the internet still seems a little sketchy to me.
@SeedsMan is the handle for the rep for the company which is a sponsor here...I have purchased multiple times from them and they are superb...had some issues with Customs and they worked though it (more than once).

Hahaaaa. I know what you mean about aging eyes. They just don't work as well as they used to. Even with my glasses on I have a hard time seeing really small things like tiny spots of mold.
I was under a workbench light, with a headlamp, and a large magnifying glass ...if I had to whip out the glass I usually erred on side of caution and pitched it. Very gun shy and easy to second guess ripe buds with rotted buds..

I was under a workbench light, with a headlamp, and a large magnifying glass ...if I had to whip out the glass I usually erred on side of caution and pitched it. Very gun shy and easy to second guess ripe buds with rotted buds..
Thats too funny. When I was young I was a technician in a factory repairing pc boards. I used to endlessly tease the older people for using bright lights and magnifying glasses. They'd tell me I'd be doing the same thing someday and I would just laugh. Well, that day is here now, so I guess the jokes on me. What comes around goes around. I'm about to go find my magnifying glasses now. Hahahaha.

@SeedsMan is the handle for the rep for the company which is a sponsor here...I have purchased multiple times from them and they are superb...had some issues with Customs and they worked though it (more than once).
I'll contact seedman. Is he the guy that owns the seedsman website? It seems like he has everything I'm looking for

wow HayStack, they look fabulous. The colas fattened up nicely. Great job.

Tomorrow is harvest day for some of it. I already sampled some of the GG4 and it's great. I was going to take a few months off after this harvest. But I changed my mind. I'm gonna get the old 4x4 going as soon as this is done.

HARVEST DAY!
I started cutting down one of the plants this morning.

This is what I've got so far.

This is what I left. I'm going to let it grow as long as the weather permits. But I'm pretty sure the weather will hold up for at least another three weeks.

Here it is after washing and hanging. I'm not sure how much there will be after drying. But it looks to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 lbs.

After washing, this is what the wash buckets look like. It's hard to tell how dirty they are in the orange buckets. But trust me, they are pretty dirty.

Man I don't know what you are doing over there but you're killing it these last two grows.
Mother nature was very kind this summer. She did give me a few weeks of fog so thick that the plants were drenched by morning and it even gave me some mold. But the sun eventually came out everyday. Plus, there were really no heat waves to speak of. I think the hottest days we had were only in the upper 80's. When mother nature is that kind, you better have a good harvest.

Back
Top Bottom