High! Old Stoner Here

I found out that a large pharma company is donating to the Republican party to keep medical cannabis out of the state.
If changes in the law are going through the legislature then they do donate big time to elected officials on both sides of the aisle. No one party is better at grabbing that money than the other.

In states where any reform is going the ballot route the money is donated to the anti-groups. That way those groups can spend it on literature claiming why a change in the laws is bad. Also spending it to get their best speakers to meetings discussing the ballot proposals.

Michigan went the ballot proposal route for recreational legalization so the money went to the anti-groups and not the elected representatives.

I would love to go back home to Kentucky. At least there I can legally purchase cannabis in another state as long as I have a letter from a doctor.
I don't think you will need a letter from any doctor to purchase while visiting in Michigan, just proof of age. I believe you meant that you will need the letter to possess if living in Kentucky. As it is I have read that many of the legal stores or dispensaries along the Michigan & Indiana border do lot of business with out-of-state visitors.

That might explain all the huge billboards along 94 through Michigan and 90 through Indiana and Ohio.;)

It’s not a political thing but a re-election issue.Every member of the GOP would tell you they are Pro-life. But if they’re little Suzy gets in a family way @12 years old see how fast she gets one.
They jumped all over the Pro-Life bandwagon until the Supreme Court decision. Then the backlash throughout the country so they started scrubbing their websites and printed material of any reference to their Pro-Life support of just several days earlier.

Placidyls were made by Abbot. 500 mg. were Red & 750 mg. were Green. I use to deal all that crap when I was a teen.... Sooo many years ago. I use to study PDR's just to know what chemicals were in what drugs.
I used my Mom’s to id and read effects. lol CL🍀

Hey there @Stargazer32862 I feel your pain. Unfortunately there are a few states left in the union that have an absurd view on this herb. The most we can do is to reach out to our local organization that is trying to help pass legislation, or at least collect signatures to put our concerns on the ballot.

Doing so will also get you aligned with others in your area that are like minded. Someone somewhere is getting their palms greased; ya know what I mean. Legal access to cannabis would alleviate a myriad of symptoms for sufferers everywhere. That in turn would also lessen demands for opioids. That takes money away from pharma as you mentioned.

It is all corrupt, it truly is. All we can do is help push change and reform to the current laws we are at the mercy of. Wishing you all the best, and hang in there. There has to be more of us than them.

A quick search on the web will give you your local organization such as Home | Indiana NORML There could be a couple others more local to where you are located. The fight isn't over for some of us. ✊
As I said the GOP runs this state and there is no voter initiative in Indiana which means the voters have to take what laws are passed. Since 1900 voters of this state have only voted for a Democratic President 5 times! That is what I'm up against. Voters even campaign outside polling places. that's how comfortable they are in this state. I have had to live with my daughter and her family since the death of my mom a few years ago. We all agreed that this state sucks. The people are rude in this state. And bigotry is alive and well in the Indiana General Assembly. I've tried reaching out to people in this town on the FB page but they keep deleting my posts about a medical cannabis page. So they are brainwashed. My daughter is working on her Master's in Quality Engineering and she says that she is overpaid for someone in her line of work and education and unfortunately sex. So she won't move back to our home state of KY. Who is working on passing Medical. Just my luck! I move to a red state right when my home state is getting ready to legalize medical.

We are here trying to make headway. :thumb:
Rob is a Warrior. :yahoo:
Your in the right place to meet like minded friends. :high-five:
:welcome::420:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
They must be located in big cities like Indianapolis and further north of there. Cause the people in the southern part of the state don't want it. I went to a gas station to buy rolling papers and you should have seen the look on that cashier's face when I asked for them. He acted like I was going to rob the place. I swear his face went white! I live in southwest Indiana along the Ohio River.

Welcome Stargazer32862, will you be having a stealth garden? Are there any "hydroponic" stores that kind of act as fronts for canna growers locally?
No nothing like that here. The only thing legal here is CBD and Delta 8. And they tried twice to make it illegal but it never passed. The only stores here that sell anything legal are the vape shops and it's all CBD.

Yeah, you have the Eli Lilly factory there which is one of the biggest Pharm companies out there. They have a big stake in Pain & Sleep meds, so that might be why they're against it. If you're close to the Il. boarder you could always purchase there. I've lived in both, Indiana & Illinois. But it wasn't legal at all back then.
I live close to the Illinois border. I promised my daughter that I wouldn't partake in the herb until it went federally legal. She has a teenage daughter and she is afraid that I would get caught since there's an association law in this state, we could all go to jail, and my granddaughter will end up in foster care. I'll be dead before its legal.

It’s not a political thing but a re-election issue.Every member of the GOP would tell you they are Pro-life. But if they’re little Suzy gets in a family way @12 years old see how fast she gets one. Also tell everyone that they are Anti-weed but have several relatives that use it daily. If they live in a Red state and want to be elected n Re-elected they have to placate their constituents. Smh What we need is a Federal legal Recreational law n stop Corporations from donating to campaign funds. Imho CL🍀
That would make a great law. But since politicians get most of their campaign funds through donations, I doubt that would go through any legislation. But they do need to stop that practice because it interferes with our political systems. Making elections unfair and not by the voter.

Ever hear of Tuinol aka Christmas Trees or Seconal aka Yellow Jackets ? Both made by Lilly. Factory is on the Ohio / Indiana Boarder not too far from Evansville, IN.
Never heard of those. I never did hard drugs, just weed. I love weed. Evansville is just right down the road from me. In southwest Indiana close to the Illinois border.

If changes in the law are going through the legislature then they do donate big time to elected officials on both sides of the aisle. No one party is better at grabbing that money than the other.

In states where any reform is going the ballot route the money is donated to the anti-groups. That way those groups can spend it on literature claiming why a change in the laws is bad. Also spending it to get their best speakers to meetings discussing the ballot proposals.

Michigan went the ballot proposal route for recreational legalization so the money went to the anti-groups and not the elected representatives.

I don't think you will need a letter from any doctor to purchase while visiting in Michigan, just proof of age. I believe you meant that you will need the letter to possess if living in Kentucky. As it is I have read that many of the legal stores or dispensaries along the Michigan & Indiana border do lot of business with out-of-state visitors.

That might explain all the huge billboards along 94 through Michigan and 90 through Indiana and Ohio.;)
Just be careful, I remember watching some T.V. show when Colorado first went legal and some Scumbag,Lowlife Trooper was nailing people driving through that state. CL🍀

I promised my daughter that I wouldn't partake in the herb until it went federally legal.
We moved from California where I was growing about 9 lbs a season. We went to a red state, so red that they denied medical for kids with extreme seizures. That's where I'm at and vowed just like you to hang up my outdoor grows until likewise. I can't screw up what we got for that. I haven't seriously puffed for almost a year. I am still sitting on a couple of ounces and a few jars of tinctures, but if I ever got roped in to a random I would be in trouble if I was partaking. Occasionally I will go to the pump house and pack a bowl and get stupid. 🤣 Great priorities you have and steadfastness to adhere to the overall welfare of your loved ones. That takes a ton of devotion and your recognized for it.

I live close to the Illinois border. I promised my daughter that I wouldn't partake in the herb until it went federally legal. She has a teenage daughter and she is afraid that I would get caught since there's an association law in this state, we could all go to jail, and my granddaughter will end up in foster care. I'll be dead before its legal.
Why not make a move and cross into IL. Then you would be compliant with the law and could indulge @ your discretion. CL🍀

We moved from California where I was growing about 9 lbs a season. We went to a red state, so red that they denied medical for kids with extreme seizures. That's where I'm at and vowed just like you to hang up my outdoor grows until likewise. I can't screw up what we got for that. I haven't seriously puffed for almost a year. I am still sitting on a couple of ounces and a few jars of tinctures, but if I ever got roped in to a random I would be in trouble if I was partaking. Occasionally I will go to the pump house and pack a bowl and get stupid. 🤣 Great priorities you have and steadfastness to adhere to the overall welfare of your loved ones. That takes a ton of devotion and your recognized for it.
Let me ask you an "off-topic" question. Is 420 Magazine here in the U.S.? If so, sign me up! They can't arrest me for subscribing or they would have to arrest everyone working in a local big book store that sells all kinds of cannabis magazines. :420:;)

Funny you should mention that. Predominantly I guess 420 Magazine IS based here. We do however have members all around the world; staff as well. In that sense it's a global community. Why limit it? Signed up? You already are. 😉

My job (not mentioning it) blocked the site from their servers for a short bit. I had to get off their WiFi to view it. 🤣 As you mentioned there is no crime against being part of a community. They eventually allowed access to it again. They can test me all they want. I will pass...most times. 🤣 My heart is green and these are my people. That fact will never change.

I live vicariously through the member's grows and keeps me in the trenches so to speak. One day this idiocy will come to an end and I can get back to it. Until then I am just a filthy voyeur.

@Stargazer32862

Why not make a move and cross into IL. Then you would be compliant with the law and could indulge @ your discretion. CL🍀
I can't afford the rent on $732 a month disability. My daughter's hubby is ringing me for $250 a month in rent. But they have all kinds of credit cards, buy lottery tickets, and eat out a lot. And they always complain that they are "broke." If I knew I could go back to work without pain, I would. I made a lot more money working as a registered nursing assistant. Funny thing about moving in with my daughter. After my mom passed and my brother and I split up the estate, I gave both of my girls $25K each as their inheritance. My daughter told me not to buy a car since they don't have room for a third. One year later, I have to say mother my I to get them to take me somewhere. All of a sudden I'm not allowed to drive their car because I have seizures. But I haven't had a serious one in years. And I found out its not seizures but PTSD from childhood trauma. I should have just let my brother have the money from the sale of the house and I should have kept her jeep that was a 2012 model but it was in pristine condition and only had less than 50K miles on it. I knew I was in trouble when my heart went into a-fib and I needed to go to the hospital, my son-in-law was too busy folding towels to take me to the E.R. He told me to call an ambulance! I don't know what my daughter said to him over the phone, but she came home from work to take me to the ER!

Funny you should mention that. Predominantly I guess 420 Magazine IS based here. We do however have members all around the world; staff as well. In that sense it's a global community. Why limit it? Signed up? You already are. 😉

My job (not mentioning it) blocked the site from their servers for a short bit. I had to get off their WiFi to view it. 🤣 As you mentioned there is no crime against being part of a community. They eventually allowed access to it again. They can test me all they want. I will pass...most times. 🤣 My heart is green and these are my people. That fact will never change.

I live vicariously through the member's grows and keeps me in the trenches so to speak. One day this idiocy will come to an end and I can get back to it. Until then I am just a filthy voyeur.

@Stargazer32862

Same here. I feel very alone here in the Hoosier state. I think all of the pro-cannabis people are far up in the northern part of the state. I have never seen so much dictatorship in one state. Kentucky, my home state, is a Republican state, and is a lot less oppressive than Indiana.

Sending ya prayers and well wishes for your situation. For what it's worth nobody's mother should ever be viewed as a burden. We are where we are (usually) solely due to our mother's efforts and sacrifices. :green_heart:

Sending ya prayers and well wishes for your situation. For what it's worth nobody's mother should ever be viewed as a burden. We are where we are (usually) solely due to our mother's efforts and sacrifices. :green_heart:
True. I would give it all back if she were alive. There's no place like home. True home.

Back
Top Bottom