Highest yeilding?

Why would you want a high yielding strain for ?

Is it not about aesthetically pleasing looks whilst growing, aroma of the bud, the taste of the cure bud, sticky trichome covered bud & type of high you seek ?

I could name a few more like, taste of bud when cooking with it... that matters to me :thumb:

because im curious what strains yeild the most that people have grown i myself have had a good yeild with dj short blueberry

Pretty open question really !

May as well ask what is the highest yielding grow method to use... as every strain has the potential to yield well depending on method choosen to grow.

Well i've done pretty ok with Blue Mystic by Nirvana grown organic/soil under a 400w dual spectrum HID (grolux) using LST.

I found the yield reasonable constant over the last few grows & on occassion yielded just over 2oz dry weight from a single plant.

003982.JPG

Some strains of Chemdog can yield quite nice in a short plant. Plus potency is very high.

I have grown Chemdog D, I hear Chem 91 is really potent too but not sure about its yield.

Pretty open question really !

May as well ask what is the highest yielding grow method to use... as every strain has the potential to yield well depending on method choosen to grow.

Well i've done pretty ok with Blue Mystic by Nirvana grown organic/soil under a 400w dual spectrum HID (grolux) using LST.

I found the yield reasonable constant over the last few grows & on occassion yielded just over 2oz dry weight from a single plant.

003982.JPG

Yo fuzzy did you just let those plants finish like that without chopping them down?

Yo fuzzy did you just let those plants finish like that without chopping them down?

Thats the girls after the trim before the chop... unstaked.

This is the same girls staked up 'n' trimmed :thumb:

0021042.JPG

I stake mine up through flowering to support em...

Had some floppy ones in the past towards the end of flowering, can not be dealing with fat floppy girls in my tent... prehaps they need more exercise !

Ye a majority of time i work straight of the plant :thumb:

Any fiddle stuff is chopped to be worked on... & i always go over it twice with a second pair of fine nose surgical steel scissors.

There not big plants with massive amounts of colas like a scrog tho.

Hey Jonny, its a great question, there are about a hundred reasons i want to know that, and the answers to a thousand other questions. Its all about the aesthetically pleasing looks whilst growing, aroma of the bud, the taste of the cure bud, sticky trichome covered bud & type of high you seek. Indoor gardening gives us the opportunity to observe the plant and draw conclusions. My limited (first indoor grow is in 5th week of bloom) shows me that the kimdog will act in a certain way. Of the three store bought cuttings that were veged for 6 weeks, Kim was self branching, shows some PM when prompted, ah the smell. OG Rascal, also self branching, but susceptibility to heat stress and PM. Tora Bora, upright growth kept toping and bending to keep it under the lights and in line with Kim and Rascal.
As a gardener into aesthetes and I'm looking forward to moving beautiful plants into the living room or onto the patio, or use as an annual hedge on a fence line.
I digress. The time in vegetation will determine amount of plant. Genetics will give it what it will and we get to play gardener.

brown dry leaves can be heat stress (can also be nute burn)

But heat stress in beginning stages is when leaves are droopy and wilted.

burnt_rascal.jpg

Powery Mildew (PM) had got my attention the first month of my grow. I hate the idea of any mold or general nastyness of the plant. Where I grow/live the moisture in the air is evident by the amount of green growing stuff here in western Oregon, so drying my room in a rainy season and treating with non-nasty stuff is on going.
Indoor gardening in new to me, I only have a few house plants. So this grow is a learning experience and i'm pretty old dog to be learning anything, but more than willing. Fortunately/Unfortunately I learn from my mistakes and recently I inadvertently switched the light timer to the "ON" position and that kept it on and heating the room without any or very little fresh air entering the room. The other two, three month old plants suffered a little burn on some bud and leaf the Rascal was hit from top to almost the bottom of plant.

In my opinion greenhouse Kalashnikova an critical plus have been my biggest yields yet. Critical+ is dinafim. Greenhouse has their version of c+ called superbud I think have never tried that one but big yields aromas off da chain an it's fast 55 day ready any longer is also a plus but 55 days on c+ is great I give kalashnik a lit longer

Back
Top Bottom