Hootenanny's Perpetual Grow

Bruh i highly reccomend getting some bubble bags. Bubble hash is easy as hell to make and gives you a good finished product for minimal effort. Ice, water, egg beater, trim in the top bag mix the shit out of it and let it drain. Each bag will hold a different grade of hash I just chuck mne all together though anyway. Im a picky trimmer aswell. If its not dense or just too small it goes in the trim bag

Bubble bags with dry ice ftw.
Turns all my trim into a small Puck of hash that can be smoked or easily mixed into butter or my fave coconut oil in under an hour for 15 gallons of raw material.

Alright you guys have talked me into it :high-five: I'm going to order some bubble bags, wont get them in time for this run, but i'm not going to waste anymore trichromes!

Spent another hour this morning trimming buds off branches, tidying them up a little more as i go and sticking them into jars. Took another nice bud photo, I have a bathroom facing the sun which has great light coming through the diffused glass, makes it pretty easy to get a nice looking image.

DSC_0976 (2).jpg

I also gave all the girls a tidy up. Doing it directly after doing some trimming, means I was pretty ruthless... always striving for less popcorn more overall quality. Here's a before and after shot of the same example plant I've been using for the rest of the journal.

DSC_0970 (2).jpg

DSC_0971 (2).jpg

I had let them go about 3 days without watering, so some of them were starting to get pretty dry! Gave them 2L each of weaker nutes mixed at 1ml/L of A&B and still didnt get any run off so im going to give them another 1L each plant soon, and will keep doing so until I see run off.

I put the new hps gravita bulbs in each light fixure dimmed to 400w on each. I wanted to spread the plants out and vege them for 3 more days to let them recover from todays tidy up and I dont have a second metal halide as I usually flip them straight away. I'm going away over the christmas holidays and am going to take a break from growing as I dont have anyone I trust enough to look after them, Because of this I'm in no rush and can realistically vege until they're primed to go!!

DSC_0978.JPG

Thanks for stopping by, hope all are well :Namaste:

Yeah man I'm with you I run 18/6. I have tried 24/0 but quickly went back to 18/6 for your exact reasoning also. Maybe if you are growing an auto the extra hours during veg may help with growth but that is just a theory.
I have mine on 24/0 through veg always have done. Ive been doing the same with autos aswell all the way through so far. I like keeping my girls real low and the constant light keeps em in check until I wanna let em go. The autos still stretch in flower nicely even under 24h. I can see the theory behind giving them rest hours cos of their natural light cycle and that but at the end of the day thats why weed is so much better these days than it used to be, cos we've taken it out of its natural habitat and fucked with it endlessly lol

Alright you guys have talked me into it :high-five: I'm going to order some bubble bags, wont get them in time for this run, but i'm not going to waste anymore trichromes!

Spent another hour this morning trimming buds off branches, tidying them up a little more as i go and sticking them into jars. Took another nice bud photo, I have a bathroom facing the sun which has great light coming through the diffused glass, makes it pretty easy to get a nice looking image.

DSC_0976 (2).jpg

I also gave all the girls a tidy up. Doing it directly after doing some trimming, means I was pretty ruthless... always striving for less popcorn more overall quality. Here's a before and after shot of the same example plant I've been using for the rest of the journal.

DSC_0970 (2).jpg

DSC_0971 (2).jpg

I had let them go about 3 days without watering, so some of them were starting to get pretty dry! Gave them 2L each of weaker nutes mixed at 1ml/L of A&B and still didnt get any run off so im going to give them another 1L each plant soon, and will keep doing so until I see run off.

I put the new hps gravita bulbs in each light fixure dimmed to 400w on each. I wanted to spread the plants out and vege them for 3 more days to let them recover from todays tidy up and I dont have a second metal halide as I usually flip them straight away. I'm going away over the christmas holidays and am going to take a break from growing as I dont have anyone I trust enough to look after them, Because of this I'm in no rush and can realistically vege until they're primed to go!!

DSC_0978.JPG

Thanks for stopping by, hope all are well :Namaste:
Glad to hear it hoots. You wont regret it. Girls are looking on point!

As always hoots 2x4 looks the goods.

I'm going to make some dry ice hash this weekend so will put up weights amd images so you can see what i get from this method.

I will be doing 2 runs, one with all the off cuts amd junk and one using what my bowl trimmer cut off the small buds that I didn't want to hand trim.

Look forward to seeing how you do it, and what return you can expect.

Glad to hear it hoots. You wont regret it. Girls are looking on point!
Hey @Hootenanny tent is looking great and your clones are getting bigger !

Thanks everyone, they have bounced back from the trim and got flipped to 12/12 today. Here we go again :cheer:

Shitty hps shot, but gives you an idea how much growth they get in 3 days.

I've got some safety pins which im going to put around the edges of the fabric pots to use as tie down points. Will give all of them some LST over the weekend to control height, and spread em out abit.

DSC_0980 (2).jpg

Yield Update

Everything is now bone dry and got weighed this morning.

Quality Bud - 1054 grams 37.6oz
Popcorn Bud - 288 grams 10.2oz

I define popcorn as anything I wouldn't be happy to receive myself.. I ended up with a fair bit of it this time. It was the first time I have ran 8 in the 8x4, in hindesight i should of lollipopped them harder, and possibly defoliated a little more end of week 4. The canopy got too thick and alot of the lower stuff never properly formed. It was also the first time I've ran lights on during the day (trying to take advantage of my solar system) and being winter I think the temperature difference between night and day made a difference.

Not a horrible harvest, though it has been a little disappointing seperating soo much crap from good. Hopefully lesson learned for next round. Silver lining, more incentive to get some bubble bags as I've got a fair bit to run through them!! :rofl:

Awesome haul! Great harvest! Keep it up @Hootenanny

Thanks @Dutchman1990, Hopefully can achieve better this time :)

I had a bit of free time yesterday, so I got in early and gave the girls some LST using safety pins and plumbers tape for string, I tied the girls down! While at it I removed a few more useless shoots. Took a few pics of the example plant.

Before

DSC_0988.JPG

DSC_0991.JPG

After

DSC_0992.JPG

DSC_0999.JPG

Will now let them stretch straight up! Am still going to put a net of some sort in there to help support the colas later on. Only thing left to do will be taking all the lower bud sites towards the end of stretch.

Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

A couple of the girls have been showing a little bit of a nute deficiency on their new growth.

I had gotten lazy and hadn't calibrated my ph pen since I brought it a few weeks ago. This morning I cleaned the probe and checked it with a 7.0 calibration fluid and it came back as 7.5

My nute mix has been coming back around 6.4 and I've been bringing it down to around 6.0 - 6.2 so it would of been a bit lower being 0.5 out. I caught it pretty early, I check them over with the daily watering :cool:

They're getting pretty bushy and I'm going to strip the bottom third in the next few days and take some pics before they push through the net.

Finished work early today so I decided to strip em! I took everything that wasnt getting direct light, and a few branches that weren't looking productive.

Before

DSC_0430.JPG

DSC_0433.JPG

After

DSC_0435.JPG

DSC_0434.JPG

Will take off more lower leaves and bud sites in another week. Here's a few YELLOW shots of the canopy :hmmmm:

Left and Right Sides

DSC_0428.JPG

DSC_0429.JPG

Will get a net over it in the next few days about 2-3 more weeks of stretch, then the show really begins :yahoo:

Looks great Hoot !! Excited to see the switchover and watch them flowers come in!!:high-five:

Cheers man! These next few weeks are IMO the most important for determining final yield! The right balance between pruning enough off to reduce popcorn, but not too much shock to slow down growth.

Just caught up on your journal, things are looking good :)

Left it a bit late but finally got to putting on the wire screen. Should have done it alot earlier while the plants were still easy to move... ahh well no harm caused to the plants during the procedure.

DSC_0442.JPG

Over the next week they'll stretch through and as branches get long enough I will evenly space the colas to be..

Got a shot of the new growth thats bounced back from ph problems.

DSC_0440.JPG

2 Weeks into Flower

...Everything is looking pretty good. Though it has been particularly humid inside the tent lately, up over 70% at night, its causing a bit of droopiness in the leaves and I dont think there is much I can do about it, as I don't want to run a dehumidifier 24/7. I think the higher RH is being caused by the geopots having the higher evaporation.

Environment problems aside the girls are stretching up through the mesh and filling the space out nicely.

DSC_0446 (2).JPG

DSC_0449 (2).jpg

Day 18

DSC_0456 (2).JPG

Girls are looking good with barely any tip burn.. Going into the third week of flower I've bumped their nutes up to 2.25ml/L of house and garden A&B mixed with 5L of RO and 3L of tap water, it gives a TDS of ~900 and needs ph up from 5.8 to 6.2.

They are going through about ~2L of nutes each per day. In the next few days im going to give them a flush of 4L of weak nutes (1ml/L) with a pk13/14 (1ml/L) I've found giving a boost of pk13/14, particularly at weeks 3 & 5 to cause a spurt of growth. Should add that when I give them the flush of weaker nutes I wait half hour, then use a wet vacuum to suck up the run off from the trays underneith.

Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom