Hope someone can help

MSL777

Hey there, Im a semi-new grower and Im having a issue with one of my outdoor plants here in Mass. and I'm hoping someone knows what my problem is and can help identify it.

The situation is as follows:
Strain - Unknown
Soil is FFOF
Vegging since may
currently Week 2 of flower
Nutes -Canna Terra Flores, PK 13/14, cannazym
Watered and Fed with a PH 6.0-6.6
I have not used cal-mag or any other nutes
Cleaned once a week with Green Cleaner

It has been very rainy and wet in our area for the last two weeks. it has also been pretty humid as well.
Let me know any other info you may need and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
IMG_0642.jpg

Can we get pics of the entire plant

But looks like nute burn and possible calmag issues, that leaf looks pretty burnt

How much % of recommended nuts ya using

Sorry, Its close to recommended levels, but just under. I took some leaves to my local grow store and he sold me Cal Mag
So I'm going to try that on my next feeding and hopefully it corrects it.

I would drop your % to half, full strength tends to always be on the high side, remember, nute companies are trying to sell nutes,
Any nutes I've ran high resulted in burnt plants

And yes, calmag is always a good addition

Stem health looks good, but pretty certain you have a potassium deficiency. A week after giving a strong K dose then give some cal-mag in moderate dose with a smaller K dose. Giving the cal mag now before the K level is up will worsen the deficiency.

I would drop your % to half, full strength tends to always be on the high side, remember, nute companies are trying to sell nutes,
Any nutes I've ran high resulted in burnt plants

And yes, calmag is always a good addition

Yep, looks like nitrogen burn to me. Had it last yr & fixed it by flushing with just water for about 3 weeks.

Agree that most companies recommend too much...but some plants are just more sensitive to nitrogen burn.

3fingers my flowerv nutes and PK booster have the phosphorus and potassium im looking for correct? so giving it the terra flores and PK 13/14 will fix the deficiency?

3fingers my flowerv nutes and PK booster have the phosphorus and potassium im looking for correct? so giving it the terra flores and PK 13/14 will fix the deficiency?
If those ferts have nitrogen & the plants have nitrogen burn, which they appear to, adding those will likely make the burn worse.

I thought nitrogen burn was a yellowing of the leaves in most cases. But I guess if It was a heavy burn it would skip right to severe burning of the leaves. So it looks like im going to have to flush and start over. What would be your flushing recommendation?

Yoo peeps. Showing burns AND deficiencies yer? Im calling PH shift in soil DUE to excess nutes but not so much too much nutrients just haven't been watering with enough run off to remove excess salts. Flush em bruh

I thought nitrogen burn was a yellowing of the leaves in most cases. But I guess if It was a heavy burn it would skip right to severe burning of the leaves. So it looks like im going to have to flush and start over. What would be your flushing recommendation?
Not necesserily. N toxicity can be seen first as super dark green leaves with yellowing tips

Ok, Nitrogen burn isn't exactly whats likely happening , However I agree with the guy sayin it. Lemme explain. Nitrogen in and of itself does not cause necrosis due to its own properties, either ammoniacal or nitrate. However it is one of the chief nutrients that depletes potassium and that is a burner when deficient. Nitrogen deficiency in the precsence of good K levels shows symptoms of chlorosis and deformed foliage. Nitrate toxicity is super deep green, tall stretchy plants that drink lots of h20, Ammoniacal toxicity makes brown spots show up. Ok with that said there are other elements that naturally deplete K, those are sodium, calcium & magnesium. An excess of any of those can cause & or worsen a K deficiency. But Nitro is at the front of the line to deplete K along with sodium so I do agree with that guy because Your vegetation visually appears to have a very deep green in some of it which lends to the fact it has absorbed heavy amounts of nitro. So lets go forward since your in flowering. First ensure your ph is right & that the runoff is close to 6.5 , use lime or sulfur to adjust. And yes you want to give the plant potassium and the phos will not hurt it although I can see your stems are not asking for it. PK 13/14 is actually 0-10-11 analysis not 13/14. They named it that based on euro wt. But regardless your not playing with fire with it. Potassium and Phosphorus can be given in massive doses and will not hurt a plant in that regard but both will deplete other nutrients and that could be a problem even a serious one. K will deplete Calcium & Magnesium and Phosphorus will deplete Iron, copper, manganese and zinc. The excess phos can cause a uniform chlorosis to come on fast which can be remedied by a little chelated zinc/ iron. Just Fyi. Also a heavy shot of K will help lower your N levels assuming that is the cause as if we did a lab soil analysis. So lemme ask has that plant ever received any chlorine? If not it would explain the faint yellow dots I see in some of the leaves. Chlorine is an essential micronutrient but must be dosed properly . Chlorine depletes Nitro & sulfur, so it too will help with an excess of N. I use sea 90, 1/2 tsp/gal every 3rd feed for my chloride needs. However in your case I would not recommend sea 90 at this time as the cation sodium is a chief depleter of K and we are trying to restore it. So a KCL would be nice, that's potassium chloride or just use some tap water for a couple feeds. I would use a heavy shot of that PK, they call for a 1/4 oz to a gallon ratio but that's under not depleted conditions. I cant suggest what to give exactly as its your plant but I would give it in the neighborhood of 1-2 oz in 3 gal of it just because Im wired that way and know I can turn nasty situations around. Then I would expect a cal mag deficiency and possible a micro deficiency but I would get the K leveled up fast and deal with the other depletions as they arise. I use 0-0-53 K sulfate so I hope you see my point. And I wouldn't give more N until the foliage was a nice milky green then I would just give it small bumps. This is a learning experience right because when a K deficiency gets to the point of necrotic plant tissue damage the yield will always suffer. Just a cold reality us growers live with. But you will obviously still get some good stuff and next grow you can feed a little more K along the way.

Do your usual watering for a coupla weeks with no nutes. You can still give 'em cal-mag during this time. That should do it.

Nitrogen burn's pretty easy to treat with flushing. The new leaves will tell you if problems persist (they probably won't!).

After that flush, you can add flowering nutes (low N, higher P&K), but I'd do it at about 50% of recommended strength.

Overall, they do look fine, so you don't have any major probs. Even without a flush, they'll likely finish fine.

Thank you very much for the great info. I turn to you guys for things like that, because of the amount of great info you all have to share. Again thank you
Ill keep you posted on what I do next.

Would need to give cal- mag now if it was a calcium deficiency in motion, which is obviously what the guy at the nursery thought.Im Looking at the pics close, is there some old growth near the bottom of the plant with torched tips? That's the give away that its a lack of K if so. Cal deficiency has the same symptoms however it isn't on the old growth it shows up on the new growth. And had it been on both old & new that would indicate a phosphorus deficiency but the stems would have some deficient characteristics to back it up. I cant tell 100% from the pics but the grower can easily say and then know which deficiency.

yes both old and new grow are burnt telling me the deficiency is mobile. Im going to feed it tomorrow with 2ml of cal-mag/gal with 10ml PK 13/14 in water that is PH to 6.5
is that a safe bet? Or should I just save the nutes and flush it out?

Back
Top Bottom