Someone please help!

moe8311

420 Member
I'm having trouble identifying an issue. At first I thought nute burn, starting at the bottom of the plant moving up leaf tips were burning. After seeing images of potassium deficiency I'm not so sure any more. I've been flushing the pots with only ph'd water for about a week but the burnt tips continued and the tips around the edges started to burn as well. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Plants are outdoor in soil in pots. The soil looks like a mixture of potting mix and peat and I'm not sure of the specific genetics. Got them from a buddy in mid June. I was feeding with miracle grow at 1/4 strength once a week. I've since purchased some proper nutes but have not used them yet. Only 3 of 4 are affected.

Attachments

• IMG_5641.JPG
    IMG_5641.JPG
    873.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5642.JPG
    IMG_5642.JPG
    743.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_5643.JPG
    IMG_5643.JPG
    667.9 KB · Views: 160
When a leaf gets damaged like you were saying, even when the problem is fixed, the damaged leaves never repair it’s self. After a good flush and dry cycle, you needed to determine it wasn’t spreading anymore. Once determined it’s not spreading, you may cut those damaged leaves off because their ugly and will never repair its self. Once it has a good dry cycle you should have hit the plants with about half strength of nutes depending on what type of nutrients your using.

I had mites once and used neem oil with good results, but you have to stay after them (follow directions)...spider mites will start at the bottom and work their way up leaving those little "pin pricks" all over the place...if your girls are going to stay in that spot I would remove all the old debris from around them and treat that area also

Thanks Mochabud, I have not. It's dark but I will check as soon as I can tomorrow.
You're going to have to use a magnifying glass to see them...they are very small and spin tiny little webs that may be mistaken for a dog or cat hair on the under side of the leaves :goodluck:

3 gal pots, plants are about 3'x3'. I wait untiI the top 2" is dry and I check the drainage holes on the bottom of the pots to make sure soil is not wet just moist then water about 2L . This isn't my first grow but it has been a few years since the last and typically I would grow in the ground not pots. Tomorrow is a dry day for them, I will start a reduced feeding cycle the day after but I'll be switching to bloom fertilizer shortly as I'm on the 42nd parallel and expect flowering to begin anytime in the next couple weeks.

3 gal pots, plants are about 3'x3'. I wait untiI the top 2" is dry and I check the drainage holes on the bottom of the pots to make sure soil is not wet just moist then water about 2L . This isn't my first grow but it has been a few years since the last and typically I would grow in the ground not pots. Tomorrow is a dry day for them, I will start a reduced feeding cycle the day after but I'll be switching to bloom fertilizer shortly as I'm on the 42nd parallel and expect flowering to begin anytime in the next couple weeks.

You may want to consider transplanting into a bigger pot if possible before they go into bloom. That’s a pretty hefty plant for a 3 gallon :nervous-guy:

You may want to consider transplanting into a bigger pot if possible before they go into bloom. That’s a pretty hefty plant for a 3 gallon :nervous-guy:
I'd transplant into at least 10 gallon fabric pots
Hell he's already outside :hmmmm: and I agree they should be up potted...I'd just get 8 or 9 bags of some FFOF dig up the spot where there at and dump the FFOF and stick'em in there and let 'em go...if it was me...cuz I'm too cheap for filling up 8-10 gallon pots :rofl:

My mistake gents, they are in 7 gallon pots. On inspection this morning there are two to three nodes at the top of each branch that look nice and healthy. I scoured each plant starting from the inside bottom to the tops and could not see any unwanted pests and actually found a few lady bugs so I'll let nature take it's course but keep a close eye. Three of them have shown to be female as well with the 4th lagging behind slightly (she is the smallest of the bunch). I've read to keep giving veg nutes for a couple weeks still, is that correct? Sensi grow/bloom two part ph perfect from advanced are the nutes I picked up to replace the miracle grow I was using. Initially I thought they were for soil but I found out they are tailored for hydro but can be used for soil. A few days ago I mixed a solution of grow at 1/4 strength, verifed the ph did not come down too low, and fed the tomatoes and they've exploded since. I'll try that on the girls when I water tomorrow morning. Thanks again for all the help!!!

Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom