How do you edit (or delete) a post?

abowlandabud

I'm just trying to change a post as I hosted images on another site before reading the rules, so just trying to fix it.

ok there is an edit link on the bottom of this post but not my old one...

After completing a post, you only have about 7 minutes (420 seconds ;)) to go back and make any edits. Only moderators and admins can delete posts. If you need to make an edit after the time limit has passed or if you want to delete one of your posts, just click on the report post button write what you need edited or the reason you would like your post deleted, and a moderator will make the edit/deletion for you.

After completing a post, you only have about 7 minutes (420 seconds ;)) to go back and make any edits. Only moderators and admins can delete posts. If you need to make an edit after the time limit has passed or if you want to delete one of your posts, just click on the report post button write what you need edited or the reason you would like your post deleted, and a moderator will make the edit/deletion for you.

Hey 420 girl, im not at all trying to be a jerk. I kno ive edited posts 2,3,4 hours later after posting. But I think Its 7 hours(420 minutes) that you can edit your post. Don't fret it was probably 7 minutes when you joined and was changed and no one told ya lol..:smokin:

:peace:

I was constantly making mistakes then i went back over and read them and added a part in to make something more clear, and today i load it up and want to add the DAYS to my thread and no edit button....Oh well no biggy, I guess I'll do it better next time. :nicethread:

There are a few reasons for this decision...

Period editing allows people to fix mistakes. Unlimited editing would cause more breaks in the continuity of threads.

If people go back and change what they said - or delete it - they disrupt the flow of the thread.

This makes for a messy read, particularly for those who are not following activities in real time. People quote other people, then the original person deletes or changes their quote, then the answer doesn't match etc.

Moderators struggle with this each day, as they have to fix violations without hurting the flow of the discussion.

Please know that we're here to help. If you have a post you need modified just click the
report post button and let us know what you need - and we'll take care of it for you ;).

Seems anti productive for the moderators but I guess I understand your reasoning. Didn't realize people went back and edited old posts to a degree that it actually caused problems. I have a list of typos that if I feel like getting around to listing and composing a private message I will go back and document for a moderator to fix. Thanks

-Odin

It also helps long term members to think more about what they post the first time around. Before we put this policy into play, long term members would post anything and everything, then go back and fix things when needed, never putting too much thought into their posts. This made the forums look trashy and as a result, only served to attract more trash gravitating to us. Having this is place makes everyone think more about what they are posting, which in turn makes this place the best, just ask around and you will see. We take great pride in the blood, sweat and tears we pour into this mission/website and keeping it clean. The less trash, the more education we can deliver, which is our main goal here. Thanks for helping us create Cannabis awareness to the world. We are truly grateful to have you with us.

Back
Top Bottom