How many mg of Calcium & Magnesium should I add to water?

Hi!

My plants having a calcium/magnesium defiency at the worst time, just when started the flowering stage.
I dont have or either cant purcahse a cal/mag nutrient right now, so gotta improvise.

Im having a calcium & calcium+magnesium tablets and sulfate for humans (Ca: 800mg & Mg: 300mg/tablet)

What kind of amounts should I add calcium and magnesium to per 1l water?
1 Whole tablet? Half? Or does somebody have a specific milligram amount how much to dilude per 1l water?

Ive read its hard to over feed them with cal/mag but still wondering are those milligram amounts too much?

Thank you for your replys! :)

For example if I would like to follow BioBizz Cal/Mag’s formula: 1l bottle is 4.2% Calcium and 1.7% Magnesium.

How many mg’s of calcium and magnesium should I add per 1l water?

Quick question for Emilya....I have my solution fermenting now but is it necessary to strain out the shells - would it hurt to just let them stay in there??

Quick question for Emilya....I have my solution fermenting now but is it necessary to strain out the shells - would it hurt to just let them stay in there??
They will just be a pain later when you have the stuff in a bottle and need to shake it vigorously each time you use it just to try to mix some of those shells in there and get them out of the bottle and into your soil. Its not like they will help anything by being in there either... they are not going to break down any further if the vinegar didn't get them... it just means you needed more vinegar/less shells or should have ground them up a bit finer.

They will just be a pain later when you have the stuff in a bottle and need to shake it vigorously each time you use it just to try to mix some of those shells in there and get them out of the bottle and into your soil. Its not like they will help anything by being in there either... they are not going to break down any further if the vinegar didn't get them... it just means you needed more vinegar/less shells or should have ground them up a bit finer.
I like the way you link your links, where it brings up the frame/box around it. How do you do it?

Hi!

My plants having a calcium/magnesium defiency at the worst time, just when started the flowering stage.
I dont have or either cant purcahse a cal/mag nutrient right now, so gotta improvise.

Im having a calcium & calcium+magnesium tablets and sulfate for humans (Ca: 800mg & Mg: 300mg/tablet)

What kind of amounts should I add calcium and magnesium to per 1l water?
1 Whole tablet? Half? Or does somebody have a specific milligram amount how much to dilude per 1l water?

Ive read its hard to over feed them with cal/mag but still wondering are those milligram amounts too much?

Thank you for your replys! :)
Hello verbalist.
It depends on your potassium, as these 3 ions are interlinked, and the ratios of them should be equalized.
Usually 4:winkyface:1 is accepted.

That means if you use 160PPM of K, you need 80PPM of Ca, and 40PPM of Mg.
These ratios help avoiding antagonisms.

Nutrient matters series argue that, a simple 1.2g/L of epsom salts, applied till runoff, Monthly, can help keeping plants green and avoid deficiencies.

If you already have a deficiency, a 2.4g/L epsom salts till runoff will help.

You also gotta observe if you soil or soiless mix doesnt have Dolomitic lime, as these can supply both Ca and Mg for some time, and would lessen the ammount you should supply.

Hello verbalist.
It depends on your potassium, as these 3 ions are interlinked, and the ratios of them should be equalized.
Usually 4:winkyface:1 is accepted.

That means if you use 160PPM of K, you need 80PPM of Ca, and 40PPM of Mg.
These ratios help avoiding antagonisms.

Nutrient matters series argue that, a simple 1.2g/L of epsom salts, applied till runoff, Monthly, can help keeping plants green and avoid deficiencies.

If you already have a deficiency, a 2.4g/L epsom salts till runoff will help.

You also gotta observe if you soil or soiless mix doesnt have Dolomitic lime, as these can supply both Ca and Mg for some time, and would lessen the ammount you should supply.
you seem super knowledgeable. Can you post the references for that and/or point me to some learning material so that I too may expand my knowledge?

you seem super knowledgeable. Can you post the references for that and/or point me to some learning material so that I too may expand my knowledge?

Well, i do read a lot. Im a good theorist and a newbie grower. Practice takes time, reading takes a lot less (or alot more, depending on your hunger).

You can expand your knowledge regarding nutrition with bruce bugbee or harley smith youtube videos.

You can also read Nutrient Matters series by cannabis business times (researched by North Carolina State University team of agronomists). This is were i referenced the Mg part. Its also very informative in a lot of other matters (ph, flowering flip time, etc).
I also posted a link on the scientific session of cultivation on this forum, regarding NPK levels influence on Medical Cannabis.

I also reccomend you, if you use mineral fertilizers and soiless mixes, to study the pourthrough Method of nutritional monitoring.

Oh, just saw your name is mrhungry, hope youre hungry for knowledge!
Many hugs.

Well, i do read a lot. Im a good theorist and a newbie grower. Practice takes time, reading takes a lot less (or alot more, depending on your hunger).

You can expand your knowledge regarding nutrition with bruce bugbee or harley smith youtube videos.

You can also read Nutrient Matters series by cannabis business times (researched by North Carolina State University team of agronomists). This is were i referenced the Mg part. Its also very informative in a lot of other matters (ph, flowering flip time, etc).
I also posted a link on the scientific session of cultivation on this forum, regarding NPK levels influence on Medical Cannabis.

I also reccomend you, if you use mineral fertilizers and soiless mixes, to study the pourthrough Method of nutritional monitoring.

Oh, just saw your name is mrhungry, hope youre hungry for knowledge!
Many hugs.
Wow, thanks man I truly appreciate it. Yes, very hungry!

Back
Top Bottom