How many plants with my setup

Not too sure! It should arrive in the coming week.

I just been looking at some Mars 600W review videos and looks like they can get some insane yields from them. May just get one of them as they are affordable and then when I can get a Mars 3000W

Good options qusntum boards are amazing. Budget led ive been looking at their respec for flowering

Are you able to return the light that's on its way? I've got two HLG 100s that i ordered through home depot but it's the same Samsung diodes that all the good quantum boards are using. Each light covers a 2x2 area in bloom while pulling 95w from the wall.

This outputs from wall 300W which is half of the 600W. So this wouldn't cover even a 40w per SQ FT :(
I use Mars Hydro TSW 2000 & 1 of them is perfect for a 3' x 3' tent. I've been thrilled with the results. Grew 3 plants. 10.5 oz off 1st one. 11.1 oz off 2nd plant & 9.4 oz off 3rd plant. Nothing but FFOF soil & Mega Crop through the entire grow. You have to do LST also to get larger yields.
HID's are too hot unless you're growing in a basement back east.

I'm rather new so not sure! I've tried LED's but finding an affordable one with the right pull from wall wattage is difficult. How can I manage the heat?

Save up and start out on the right foot. Even if it means waiting a couple months. Fighting the heat from a MH or HPS is going to be a rough go for a new grower during summer.

If you already ordered, return it and recoup the money.

Your best investment for growing meds is your light. There are a couple incredible options for a 3x3 tent. Budget 250w r spec led or mars hydro tsw2000 are worth every penny and then some

This. I run a single 250 Budget in a 3x3 and it rocks it.

This outputs from wall 300W which is half of the 600W. So this wouldn't cover even a 40w per SQ FT :(

I realize you have a lot to learn, but good quality LED’s you need less watts from the wall. Note the good quality. That blurple crap on amazon that is a “1500w” or 2000w” for $100 isn’t the same thing as a proper LED light.

I am saving the $250 for a Mars Hydro 2000, but for now need something to be growing!

I'll have the cash in 2 months to be able to get one.

This is your first growing lesson: Patience!

Send that 600w light back, or keep it for a backup.

Get the Budget LED light ($320ish with forum discount), and same money every month. That HPS will cost about $40/mo just to run the light. Plus you’ll need to run an extra fan, just for the light, to pull heat out through the hood. And heaven forbid that causes you to need an AC unit.

Now the budget light will cost you about $15/mo to run. Already saving you $25/mo. That means in just the electricity savings, you’ll pay for that light within a year, and reap the savings thereafter as well.

Patience. Learn it now. You’ll need it as you grow, so might as well start now.

I’m not saying you can’t use that light, but if you really, really want to start growing, do it right from the start and give yourself every chance you can for success.

You use that hps light and you’re going to have a rough ride with heat and keeping your tent in the right range. No bueno.

I get wanting to start today, but believe me when I say take the time to do it right. You’ll thank yourself in the long run.

Get the big bag of megacrop and you won't need to restock nutes

Definitely the way to go. Big bag lasts me about 9 months or so. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom