How To - 7 Gal Rim Mount SCROG Pots In 2 X 4 Tent - 8.25 Sq Ft

Thats a sweet looking pot... I'm excited to see the outcome!

Thanks Buddy

They were a little more than I wanted to spend but they look to be perfect for Dunking. :)
Not sure what the stair stepping levels up the sides are for but I think it is to help the root building somehow ?
so looking forward to running side by side with what I am using now :)

Ive also seen these Gazoo.. Pretty intersting pots AND they are bigger for a possible longer veg like you wanted. I will be ordering one of these for myself.

And the link: Gro Pro Root Master Pot, 8 in (1.32 Gallon)

Yes a little bigger is probably better, I remember seeing that style also they
look to have the steps around the sides going Vertical instead of Horizontal
Like on the ones I ordered. Maybe I should buy 1 of these also and do a side
by side to see if there is any benefit to either style ?

Thanks for including them, will probably be trying a few styles until I can find
the perfect fit :high-five::thanks:

Doing some research on the Difference between Light Hoods in accordance
with PAR Vs LUM coverage and found this CLEAR EXPLANATION as to
how they differ

QUOTE: From a Growers House web post

"using a Sun System PAR meter. We used this meter instead of a luxmeter because measuring lux or lumens only measures the light visible to the human eye. Lumen measurements are used for HID bulbs when they were used as street lamps (their original use), to translate the brightness to the human eye, not necessarily the brightness in the spectrum that plants use to photosynthesize. The PAR meter measures the intensity of light within the spectrum 400 nanometers to 700 nanometers, which encompasses the wavelengths--both red and blue--that plants use to photosynthesize."

And since I was comparing the largest hoods available I might as well include that information as well.

full

The three reflectors we used for the test are:

1. Quantum Massive 8"

2. Sun System Magnum XXXL 8" (The Ocho)

3. Hydrofarm Raptor 8"

We hung each of these reflectors over our 5.5' x 5.5' area and took PAR readings at designated points. We measured each of these lights at three different heights: 24", 36", and 48." We used a 1000w Agrosun HPS bulb with 146,000 initial lumens. We used this bulb on a Quantum 1000w digital ballast. Before measuring each reflector, we let the bulb warm up for 30 minutes to reach its normal operating intensity.

Final Notes - We attached athe raw data collected to this test below, and although we have added some meaning to those numbers, we realize that much more can be done with them. If you feel so inclined, please make more meaning of the numbers below by whatever creative means you think up. The more knowledge we have for indoor growing, the better growers we'll all be.

full

Not a problem Gazoo, I think it would be very intersting to see a grow with your current style pot, the new one you posted and the one I posted... I would do it if I had room to do 3 plants at a time...
On that site they also have some other strange pots to check out.

Thank you for that data above! Love that stuff, Looks like the Raptor has the best quality glass eh? Thats the only reason I can see that it has highest sum of all recordings at each height...Refraction can be a bitch! When I first got my biological microscope, I started learning about the refractive properties of glass, oil, water, etc... pretty interesting stuff. I bet it would benefit you greatly to buy some glass, cut to fit your hood, with the best refractory properties... Though I could be wrong. I dunno if it would be easy and cheap enough for the few more photons to get through there... the cost benefit may be too outa wack.

Not a problem Gazoo, I think it would be very intersting to see a grow with your current style pot, the new one you posted and the one I posted... I would do it if I had room to do 3 plants at a time...
On that site they also have some other strange pots to check out.

Thank you for that data above! Love that stuff, Looks like the Raptor has the best quality glass eh? Thats the only reason I can see that it has highest sum of all recordings at each height...Refraction can be a bitch! When I first got my biological microscope, I started learning about the refractive properties of glass, oil, water, etc... pretty interesting stuff. I bet it would benefit you greatly to buy some glass, cut to fit your hood, with the best refractory properties... Though I could be wrong. I dunno if it would be easy and cheap enough for the few more photons to get through there... the cost benefit may be too outa wack.

Thanks I was actually checking because I made the mistake of looking at CL Ads and noticed
a "FREE to First one who will take it all" so now have three 8" Raptor Hoods with matching PHANTOM
1000w (110v) Ballasts, 21 Danner 950 gph water pumps, 4 dual diam Air pumps, along with
multiple controllers ( co2, Humidity/temp, timers digital ) 20 something large air stones.

Only wanted the 3 large Jump start heating mats 21" x 48" or something like that, 1 air pump
and a water pump but had to take it all :)

EDIT: Forgot to say I can only run 2 at a time now as well, so it will probably be both the new styles.

Damn I just went to get a pizza and the Pots were on the step :)

I noticed something I had not seen when I ordered, they have a
divider type rib that runs up the inside walls in 8 places, these along
with the ledge stepping up the pot I can see how the roots will get
re-directed back into the soil instead of wrapping around Up or Down.
Looks very PROMISING .;):slide::yahoo:

I will post a picture later tonight.

FLOWER DAY 6

Here is a top down view at FLOWER Day 6

=======================================
Root Builder Pot LOOKS like the DEVO Hat o_O

Root Builder Pot INSIDE Close up of the Ribs

Welcome Park, Hope you will find my secret journal of some use. I try to include
all the information and reasons for my decisions but as you must already know
every grow is different so it always a little bit of a guessing game.

Again Welcome and if there is anything i can try and answer please ask.
Also any suggestions are always helpful as well

Nice! I like those pots... they do look like they will work great!
Thats a lot of free stuff Gazoo! Pretty awesome!

Thanks again DJ I really like the look of the pots, especially the ribs that separate the walls
into small 2 to 3 inch squares with a water hole in each section, that should really help
the roots to fill and develop more evenly.

Oh the free stuff is cool but now need to run my own CL Ad to give away the extra stuff.
7 Smaller Air cooled glass sealed hoods, Three 8" Blowers, 15 to 20 water pumps.
BTW I did not list all I picked up even had to leave some behind like 6 or 7 two and four bulb 4ft T5 fixtures
and boxes of Nutrients and misalliance items, Van was full. Actually almost skipped it
since the location was in RICHMOND Cal (if you know the area) but since It was listed as
Free I thought I had a good chance of getting away without getting robbed :)

Hey Gazoo! The plants are looking great and the devo pot does too!
:passitleft:

Thanks Buddy Yup as soon as I looked at the pot I thought DEVO Hat :)
it does look to have a lot of potential for how we do the early veg process

Hey Gazoo,

Wasn't getting the email notifications for this journal.

All caught up and is looking good!!

I hope updating the settings will inform me when there is another post here.

Cool my Friend Happy to have you here and getting notices again.
Looking forward to the GSCE i noticed all the early bud sites are already
getting a RED color deep inside, Hope it continues. Also hoping its a good
thing, I only say that because I see a lot of RED Stems and hope its not because
of some type of issue.

They are both due a feeding tonight, was going to be GE BOTH but thinking the GSCE
Will get a Rescue Drench instead. The GSCE looks a little less green than I would like
so want to help her get ready for the GE ( I dont want to push her until she is ready)

Took a few photos using DB's method
Its an early snow storm, Flower DAY 10

===================================================

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

:):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace:

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

;);););););););););););););););););););)

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Took a few photos using DB's method
Its an early snow storm, Flower DAY 10

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

:):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace::):peace:

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

;);););););););););););););););););););)

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
Live those pics Gazoo! Really looking great!

Agreed, awesome pics! I really like the ones with black background, any tips on how to,get them? I am familiar with the DB method but never seem to get the background dark like that.

This pics reminds me of the Godfather. :adore::bravo:

BLACK Back-Ground METHOD

The black background was done using DB's method which I may have
tweaked a little. What I had done was go into my tent at 10 minutes before
lights on (so still dark) used a pin light flashlight (DB uses head band light flashlight)
to illuminate the bud, FOCUS the Shot, NO FLASH only illuminated with pin light

CLEAR Back-Ground METHOD

The pin light can also be used to illuminate the bud while focusing, then you can move
the light away from the bud so its now dark again and without moving the camera (flash on)
Take the picture, this method gives the clearer back ground but looks to really reflect
the trichs

Back
Top Bottom