How to cool a HPS light?

If you're going to attempt to flower with 400 watts of HPS, you'll probably be happier if you switch to a much smaller tent, around eight square feet instead of 16. Be all right for the vegetative cycle, though.

Here is a pic of my tent I just set up with my 600w hid it's running around 75° and about 50% humidity
20200321_185040.jpg
20200321_203008.jpg

I have a 600w hps light set up in a 1.2x1.2 tent, have a 5 inch inline fan with carbon filter set up pulling the air out And extracting through a window, also have a fan inside the tent blowing air around and it’s hitting 40 Celsius in there. How in the hell do I go about cooling this down by 10 degrees? It’s cold in the uk where I live and really windy and the window being open is not cooling this down either. I have heard of air cooled reflectors, will this drop the heat by 10 degrees? Should I look at investing in an led light instead to reduce temp? I have looked at air conditioning too but afraid of how loud that may be, it’s already loud enough with everything I have set up.
I have a 600w hps light set up in a 1.2x1.2 tent, have a 5 inch inline fan with carbon filter set up pulling the air out And extracting through a window, also have a fan inside the tent blowing air around and it’s hitting 40 Celsius in there. How in the hell do I go about cooling this down by 10 degrees? It’s cold in the uk where I live and really windy and the window being open is not cooling this down either. I have heard of air cooled reflectors, will this drop the heat by 10 degrees? Should I look at investing in an led light instead to reduce temp? I have looked at air conditioning too but afraid of how loud that may be, it’s already loud enough with everything I have set up.
Cool tube or cool hood, i make my own!! Check my thread

Okay guys I’ve started again. Got myself an adjustable ballast with a dual spectrum light, choices are 250w, 400w and 600w. Put some gorilla skittles in a cup half full of room temperature water yesterday. It appears I am a noob at this.

does anybody have a guide or a journal of going about this day by day for a 3 month harvest along with what nutrients to use and at what point to use them etc. I haven’t got enough money at the moment to go through any more trial and error lol:p

thanks in advance

Hard to come up with a specific journal for such a broad question like that. Someone else may have an idea, or else the forum is chock full of how-to info with a little searching.

Hard to come up with a specific journal for such a broad question like that. Someone else may have an idea, or else the forum is chock full of how-to info with a little searching.

yeah that makes sense, I will try to find some posts within the forum of a grow journal perhaps and just follow that day by day and see how the results go.

Back
Top Bottom