How to harvest 1 massive cola? - Pics

SilentMurder

I have a good problem and need help. How the hell do you harvest a plant that is just one massive cola? How will fit in jars? The cola itself is bigger that the ball wide mouth 32oz jar. How do I hang it?

And are colas this big normal? The plant actually fell over cause of the weight so I had to tie it up. If I had to guess its a 10lb or greater plant if I cut it off from the bottom trunk. I put a paper towel tube next to it for scale. The first photo is the lower part, the other pic is the top. There's more, just got no pics of it.

It's northern lights auto under a 600 watt mh then 600 hps when it started to flower. Fox farms trio nutes. Ocean forest soil. 5 gal fabric pot.

image13281.jpeg
image13280.jpeg

Just chop it down! Leave a good portion of the stem... Hang upside down in complete darkness with some air flowing... The stem will help it from drying too quick... I grow a similar strain with similar results, although that one is pretty good size! Had some close but not that big... When it's dry clean it and put in jars... Be sure to burp them daily and all should be fine... The longer the cure the better the smoke...
424.png

That's not as big a problem as you think. Hang the whole thing dry then once it's dry you just start at the bottom and snip individual buds off until you reach the top.

Or... you could leave it big, do a freezer cure, then sell the monster for a LOT of $! Even tho most people will grind it up to smoke it or roll a joint, they STILL have this idea that large colas are more potent than smaller buds or shake from the same plant. I suppose it's all in the presentation. * shrugs *

Back
Top Bottom