How to protect plants from excessive rain?

Jmaninthemiddle420

Medical patient in NY looking to do outdoor grow. I’ve had friends grow weed successfully here in ny with great results so I know it’s possible. The strains I’ve picked out were Afghan kush and strawberry kush. Both which hardy plants that grow well in my upstate NY climate. I’m afraid of rain but I work at home so I can manage the plant on a daily basis if needed. Every couple hours if I have to honestly. Will simply shaking the water off the plant every 2 hours work. I’m up at 4am and asleep by 8:30pm so I can keep a good eye on it. Are there other organic ways of dealing with rain?

Medical patient in NY looking to do outdoor grow. I’ve had friends grow weed successfully here in ny with great results so I know it’s possible. The strains I’ve picked out were Afghan kush and strawberry kush. Both which hardy plants that grow well in my upstate NY climate. I’m afraid of rain but I work at home so I can manage the plant on a daily basis if needed. Every couple hours if I have to honestly. Will simply shaking the water off the plant every 2 hours work. I’m up at 4am and asleep by 8:30pm so I can keep a good eye on it. Are there other organic ways of dealing with rain?
Rain doesn't damage anything. If your worried it will make the branches too heavy when wet you should tie everything up ti take weight off her. I grew a jher last summer north if you so climate isn't an issue. I'll see if I can find her pic.

Rain doesn't damage anything. If your worried it will make the branches too heavy when wet you should tie everything up ti take weight off her. I grew a jher last summer north if you so climate isn't an issue. I'll see if I can find her pic.
Here she is. I tied up the branches to take the weight when it rains. Other than that rain isn’t a problem.

8A0F77BE-26B5-4FC3-AB65-201CC7D09279.png

I have seen periods of excessive rain when the plants start showing signs of being overwatered. You can protect from the daily rains and overwatering of your container by using aluminum foil on the top of the container to shield it from the rain water. Some will still get in via the trunk, but it keeps the container from turning into a daily bog and harming your plants.

Back
Top Bottom