Outdoor rain flowering

Hi guys. I started an indoor grow then decided to try some autos outdoor thinking even if I could get 1oz with each plant it would be a good bonus to my indoor grow. In the beginning I wasn't paying attention to the weather and thought they would leave their life outdoor. They can receive only 7 hours of direct light so I really didn't have much hope. Anyway they turned out to grow better and faster than expected. The bigger girl is 60 days old and 15 days with pistils. My most healthy plant grown so far. Unknown seed as gift but I guess amnesia XXL auto.

Let s go the the question. Weather has been wonderful since the last 40 days with only one day of rain 30 days ago. The big plant is wonderful and I m now scared she could be harmed by the rain. I know plants grow in nature. They can't live till end of flowering without water. So for sure they can handle it. But let's say there is 5 days of rain around week 5 of flowering for a 8 weeks strain. What would happen? Are the colas going to fall over and break the branches?

@Mr. Magoo my friend I remember you had a northern light growing outdoor if I m not wrong?

@Mr. Magoo my friend I remember you had a northern light growing outdoor if I m not wrong?
I did grow a NLa outdoors. It never got big though. Lol. Definitely not big enough to worry about heavy buds. But if you are concerned maybe just put a few bamboo stakes in there and tie them bad boys up.

I'd recommending staking them or somehow supporting them before the rain-
the rain itself isn't going to hurt them,but well-developed buds hold a lot of water,and it will either split the plant down the middle or break off the branches.
This happened to me a few years ago-it only rained for ten minutes,managed to split 3 out of four plants right down the middle....it actually didn't really hurt them-some zip ties and electrical tape fixed em right up,but I nearly soiled myself when I first saw them...:)

I'd recommending staking them or somehow supporting them before the rain-
the rain itself isn't going to hurt them,but well-developed buds hold a lot of water,and it will either split the plant down the middle or break off the branches.
This happened to me a few years ago-it only rained for ten minutes,managed to split 3 out of four plants right down the middle....it actually didn't really hurt them-some zip ties and electrical tape fixed em right up,but I nearly soiled myself when I first saw them...:)
Wow! Thank you very much for your precious input!

Back
Top Bottom