How to use my heater in grow tent

Hybrick

420 Member
So its starting to cool off here and I can finally grow! Besides about 2 months of the year its either WAY to hot or much too cold.

i cant afford a portable AC unit so im doing my 4th winter grow...now instead of just growing in my shed, i built a sectioned off grow room about 5×7 and added intakes and outtake with carbon filter. Air coming from and exiting to outside of shed.

A big thing is that I will need to keep the carbon filter going...and it sucks the heck out of my panda plastic walls..

Got an electric space heater.
1. Will it be safe to use with panda plastic walls?
2. Wont all the heat just constantly be sucked out and just continually run?

Another option is that I have a temp controller i can set heater to come on at like 60-65 and fans to go off..but again fans will just suck all the air out when it comes back on...itll get cold and heater will switch back on....is there a better way that I dont have to have heater running all the time?

should be warm enough at lights on. the heater will probably run the whole time the lights are off tho. unless you can turn the fan down so it pulls just enough for decent air exchange.

is the shed insulated ?

if not do it. heat challenged grow spaces are a specialty here.
seen loads of grows where the lighting was a crucial heat source

you may have to damp off the intake a bit depending on climate.

i had to add a heater to my current veg space cause the lighting didn't generate the heat i thought it would.

So I am thinking my best bet would be a fan speed controller to lower my outtake so its just bringing a steady flow through and set my intake fan (with the temp controller switch i have) to turn off at the temperature my heater turns on and back on when the temps warm up.
Leaving my outtake fan running at a lower speed.
I can set up like a 10 defgree heat differential so that it takes longer to cool back off hopefully

Seal and insulate your shed, including the ceiling (or inside of the roof, if it's an "open" shed with no separate ceiling), lay down styrofoam panels so that you're not trying to heat... the planet (I know, heat rises, but set a DWC reservoir on a cold basement floor in Duluth, MN, in January and try telling the plant in that reservoir that heat rises, lol), and set your heater in the shed but out of the grow tent. Set the thermostat to about what you want the tent to be. You'll probably have to monitor it for a few days and make adjustments to fine-tune that space.

Back
Top Bottom