Tent Heater Thermostat

Trump

I'm looking for a simple cheap thermostat that will turn on and off my tent heater. Inkbird has them but they are made for both heating and cooling. I don't need anything that sophisticated. I was thinking a seed mat thermo like this:

Anyone got experience with these or knows if this will work? Heater is a 1500w Isiler.

I will vouch for the Inkbirds.

inkbird has a great rep for controls. i know 2 growers using them.

I'm looking for a simple cheap thermostat that will turn on and off my tent heater.

i'm not sure what you are using for a heater, but i would recommend looking at oil type radiator style heaters. they emit nice even heat and will have their own thermostat control. they make for good environment control.

you can even use a fan type heater with thermostat control. i use one in my veg space, but the radiator type are superior.

if it's only heat you are looking for, both of those are cheaper than an environment controller. you can add one in later if you want.

inkbird has a great rep for controls. i know 2 growers using them.

i'm not sure what you are using for a heater, but i would recommend looking at oil type radiator style heaters. they emit nice even heat and will have their own thermostat control. they make for good environment control.

you can even use a fan type heater with thermostat control. i use one in my veg space, but the radiator type are superior.

if it's only heat you are looking for, both of those are cheaper than an environment controller. you can add one in later if you want.
I have 2 heaters I've been testing out. They both have built in thermostats but I have to play with the thermostat settings depending on the location of the heater as the thermostat will only monitor the air in the near vicinity. Because I'm monitoring with probes from the ACI controller and their T3 humidifier I figure it would be more consistent to also be able to place the heater thermostat probe next to the others so that I have a jump off point to be able to say this is the temp reading I have to work with.

These are the two heaters I've been testing.

I've tested both of these heaters in the tent and they both worked albeit with my messing around trying to get it consistent with the other readings by moving it to different places within the tent but space is limited.

This next run I'm going to install a gear mount board on one of the walls of the tent. ACI just came out with one but they want $100 for it. No thanks.

I can do the same thing with a $25 wire shelf. I already installed a wire shelf on the roof to hang stuff. Once I harvest and the tent is open I'll install one of the wire shelves vertically so that I can hang an oscillating fan, heater and camera on it.

Wire shelf on roof to hang stuff from....

roof rack.jpg

I have 2 heaters I've been testing out. The both have built in thermostats but I have to play with the thermostat settings depending on the location of the heater as the thermostat will only monitor the air in the near vicinity. Because I'm monitoring with probes from the ACI controller and their T3 humidifier I figure it would be more consistent to also be able to place the heater thermostat probe next to the others so that I have a jump off to be able to say this is the temp reading I have to work with.

I've tested both of these heaters in the tent and they both worked albeit with my messing around trying to get it consistent with the other readings by moving it to different places within the tent but space is limited.

This next run I'm going to install a gear mount board on one of the walls of the tent. ACI just came out with one but they want $100 for it. No thanks. I can do the same thing with a $25 wire shelf. I already installed a wire shelf on the roof to hang stuff. Once I harvest and the tent is open I'll install one of the wire shelves vertically so that I can hang an oscillating fan, heater and camera on it.

simplest solutions are always the best. try simple timers, heaters, etc, before throwing piles at integrated environment control. if you do go for environment controls, do it inclusive, and consider the rest of your grow space construction when you do.

I'm looking for a simple cheap thermostat that will turn on and off my tent heater. Inkbird has them but they are made for both heating and cooling. I don't need anything that sophisticated. I was thinking a seed mat thermo like this:

Anyone got experience with these or knows if this will work? Heater is a 1500w Isiler.
I use one of these in my outdoor green house in the spring to control a heater
If you wire plug ends on it, you can use it for anything
Amazon.com

Haven't had one fail yet in 5-6 years. As good as the inkbirds my mom got about same time

Thank You. I'm going to look into this more and see if it'll work for me!
I soldered & shrink wrapped the wiring. Wouldn't trust those connectors if moving it at all
Think my heater runs 800 watt. I'd watch it running the 1500 watt
Pretty sure the birds are rated at 1500 w also

I have 2 heaters I've been testing out. They both have built in thermostats but I have to play with the thermostat settings depending on the location of the heater as the thermostat will only monitor the air in the near vicinity. Because I'm monitoring with probes from the ACI controller and their T3 humidifier I figure it would be more consistent to also be able to place the heater thermostat probe next to the others so that I have a jump off point to be able to say this is the temp reading I have to work with.

These are the two heaters I've been testing.

This next run I'm going to install a gear mount board on one of the walls of the tent. ACI just came out with one but they want $100 for it. No thanks.

I can do the same thing with a $25 wire shelf. I already installed a wire shelf on the roof to hang stuff. Once I harvest and the tent is open I'll install one of the wire shelves vertically so that I can hang an oscillating fan, heater and camera on it.

roof rack.jpg
If you already have an AC Infinity controller why not just get their outlet plug and set it up for the heat to turn on and off at whatever temp you want. I use one for my humidifier.

If you already have an AC Infinity controller why not just get their outlet plug and set it up for the heat to turn on and off at whatever temp you want. I use one for my humidifier.
I have the old C67. Won't allow me to hook anything else other than a fan.

Was recently given an Inkbird 608, it's pretty cool although you can only make the temps go in one direction. The temp switch only triggers when its too hot, or the humidity switch when its too humid. I cant use any kind of heater, because there's no trigger for when the temps or humidity gets low. If your environment is naturally hot and humid, and you're just focusing on lowering them, then its good. If there was a way to reverse it to trigger on low temps and low humidity id find it more useful. Now I basically just use it as a sensor.

Back
Top Bottom