Howdy!

ChroniCowgirl

I am the mom of two teenagers, in my thirties, and live in a very 420-friendly state. I was disabled for several years then, last year, I finally got brave and quit all of my Rx pain killers in favor of cannabis. My pain doc insisted that it would not work for me. He said it only works for people who are not in "real pain" in the first place. Well, he could not have been more wrong. I am now active again and able to do physical labor that I haven't done in over a decade. It isn't even that cannabis makes my pain manageable, 80% of it is just plain gone. I don't have to use a cane to walk any more and my kids get to have a mom who is a lot less groggy and cranky all the time.

My friend, who convinced me to give cannabis a shot, happens to be a very talented organic soil grower. I have been helping with the garden and learning everything I can. After making it through a few cycles and reading and learning as much as I can, I think I am about ready to grow a couple of plants on my own, just to compare some other strains to what we already have going. I am like a kid in a candy store at this point, and I wanna learn it all.

I have been making tincture, phoenix tears, and candy. Every time a need, or want, presents itself or we just have something that we need to use up, I learn how to make something new. I feel like I have a whole new life now and I am loving it!

High ChroniCowgirl, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

:Namaste:

Thank you! I've been trying to work my way through different areas of the site. There is a lot of good info here for sure.

Hey ChroiCg, welcome and good to hear that someone who really can benifit from it has no issue`s getting it. If you like the kitchen and not starting any man/woman thing. There are great hours to spend baking almost anything that you shouldn`t have. I have much time in resturant kitchens and men are the Ex. Chef`s but the head pastriey chef`s are women and make more money! Have sister in your neck of woods in Bailey it`s the westside of the hill she say`s, She has even gone as far as a rasberry/chocolate cheese cakes and now the blueberries from Chile are fat she`ll use them instead!! She makes butters because she`s had broncittis issues since kid and even a vaporizer agrivates her expesially that explosive pinetree bud. Use herb butter and orioe`s or grambcracker crumbs with what ever, sugar or splender stuff and make crust as normal. If you make a bisquitty real chuncky fresh apple cinnimon coffee cake and use the herb butter for it and to make a Dutch coffee cake crumds on top!! ** OH BOY**!! Accouple of thick slices some warm( firm but soupy ) vanilla ice cream and the hot tube with your better half. You can take it from there!! Enjoy, enjoying the wonderfull world of weed! It`s cool if you screw up you can still smoke it. Get it right the second time and now you know how sensitve thing may be. Or get better feel how plants responed to little or big changes and what there favorite cookies are!! :welcome: :peace: luck!! :welcome: :goodluck:

Thanks goofyfoot. I always sort of wanted to be a pastry chef, but I satisfied myself with feeding my family too many sweets instead. I suppose we're lucky not to all be morbidly obese. There are a lot of things I want to try making and just haven't gotten to yet. Very soon I will be making budder, and coconut budder. I just need to get myself a dedicated slow cooker for it so that nothing accidentally gets cooked into the wrong person's food!

Well no one ever die from pot so it all good! She gets bumded with winter weather some days so shill bake something get the house smellin` good and there`s some of the best tasting buds!!...........you ever tasted!! She started eating to stop the urge to kill her husband, it go`s away for 12 hours! She calls it her cabin fever medicine but has yet to find a script! This may help in baking cut some fat. 1Tablespoon Butter: 11.5 gr. all/total fats / 1Tablespoon Crisco: 12 gr. all/total fats BUT Crisco only 3gr. sat.fat per 1Tablespoon and butter and margine are the same at 7 gr. sat. fats.per Tablespoon. It can be subbed for either one and used as directed for recipe states. Just use 1 LBs. Crisco plus 2 Tablespoons water-room temp where it calls for 1LBs. of either butter or marg. Peace and enjoy all of it, it`s FREE TO CHOSE!!!
:thumb: :thanks:

We're getting a new milk cow soon, so I imagine I'll need to stick to real butter just to try and keep up lol.

Why Thanks Alaskan1, hows thing`s that away? I`m in Florida and may get to start before April 1 here. Love all pot indoor/outdoor but my hands love outside dirt. I have small indoor I try to turn and burn for headstash. But to have them little girls take there sweet time in dirt that worms try and crawl too!! It`s worth the 6-1/2 to 7 months with sativa`s. The indoor is great and I live on it most of year but those nuggets that sit in brown paper bag for a month or so. From earth and real sun may be a little weaker in THC but talk about sweet smoke. Come on November!!

Welcome, and boy, did you pick the right place to learn!! Everyone is super nice and willing to help. Check out the awesome tutorials also.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. There is a lot of great information here. It will take me forever to get through it all, but that's ok, I am enjoying it.

It's almost overwhelming for a true newbie isn't it??? ( I mean like me, not you)
:thedoubletake:

Hi peeps, im living in the UK and just checking out the best forum sites for journals so i can get some brilliant tips as im about to start some seeds off, as i live in the UK and on a very tight budget due to been to ill to work.

Im just setting up a small grow at a place away from where i live and im going to be using cfl lights to grow n flower, the seeds im germin are going to be big bud #2, special kush #1 and norther lights cross big bud feminised, im growing these in soil so any tips or ideas would be brilliant, good to meet you all peeps and im amazed at how informative this site is, one of the best by far,
peace
:420: :morenutes: :high-five:

Good Day to you sir. Hope you enjoy your visit and please feel free to share. Don`t know any smoker`s from UK till now. Do have friend from High School 80-82. His name was Ross and from Alstralia,Queensland? if I can remember correct. He was a trip to take to New York City to go see Lazer Pink Floyd & Led Zeppelin shows at the Haden Planaterium. He could drink,smoke, cuss and spit with the best of them! What ever at all cost dont call him British( no offence) I guest they fly to flag but there are some tensions/ things left to be worked on! Any way nice to meet you and my your buds be big and plump
:welcome: :peace: :thanks:

Even surrounded in a room full of guinus`s, I was sure to come across at least one dumb ass!! * I belive this was from Churchill*
:420:

hi, thanks for reply, ill be posting my grow journal soon, as for knowing someone from australia, i wouldnt know as ive never been their, thats the other side of the world to me, im in England, so wouldnt know anyone from aussy land. im in gloomy old, rainy old, and cold on UK, just trying to bring a bit of pleasure to my life without costing the earth. im doin big bud, special kush, and norther lights cross big bud feminised, all these are growing from seed and been grown in compost, do you by any chance know what would be best to grow to get the biggest results, im just trying the basics before i by any more seeds. trying to get a collection of seeds from around the world, i used to love jack flash as it had a nice fruity taste and smell, give me a shout back if you have any tips and ideas, im growing under loads of cfl lights, never tried it before using cfl, but trying to keep costs and suspisions low

Howdy back, I do most of my grows outside, with small indoor set-up in progress. I work with a friend on the side, who has larger indoor set-up and he pays me 1/2 cash & 1/2 nuggets. With the time for outdoor to finish this is helpfull. But the flavor and buzz I feel is better then indoor. Good dirt is important and drainage. Watch out for "enhanced" bag dirt. The micro-nuit`s / time release they use my cuase trouble`s later with lock-up and PH.
The soil`s microbes and bactiria process nuit`s for plant to absorb so not knowing what is left in soil from start, then adding further enhancers will cause one to lock out another. Find a blend of organic soil with bat guono, worm castings. Add 2lbs.(pounds) this dirt, 2lbs. plane potting soil, 2lbs. perlite and 1lbs. verlimite. Soil is different from hydro, more forgiving but you need patciance. Hey the cfl`s will work but you should use the spectrum blubs for veg and go to sodium or HDI bulb for flowering, will get better results. They say they work well for plants vegging lite needs but fall short for flowering stage requirements. If I do use enhancers I mix to 1/4 streanth of instructions per gallon. I add to this 2cups worm castings in old dress sock and 1/2 teaspoon of molasses. Let soak in pale 24 hours and scrunch the sock once or twice during. Use this to water and as a spray bottle application. I water 1/2 the amount twice as offen and spray misting 2/3 times a day. Gets the nuit`s there quicker and being then amount is reduce so low. Reduces the lock-up and PH fluxes. It takes longer for plant to grow in soil so it ablitys to process nuit`s is slower then hydro. Thats why less more frequintly This is just stuff I do, it has produced better results for me then when I didn`t use it. There are so many factors and variables shear trial and error is best bet. I had seeds from same package where one was champion and one growing with the same stuff next to it have nothing but trouble and die or hermy out. Thinck about space,money and TIME you have to invest in up keep are the biggest dissision before seeds!! Got to shoot, nice chat and Good Luck with it. Hope all good results will stay in touch and look for journal.
:peace: :thanks: :peace:

hi, thanks fpr the info, ive got a nice built in cupboard, well its a floor to ceiling cupboard and its a bit wider than a door and the same in depth, its was used as a drying cupboard originally as i live in a flat so it has wooden poles at 2 different levels that can be removed and their their to hang the clothes on and it has a small heater in the back, a sort of long tube type thing, looks like really long toilet roll tube but its not used, it also has a vent in the top which vents out to the outside, im warry of using this incase it stinks other flats out, so is blocked off and taped up, possibly going to use carbon filter if needed at later date, now as this was a drying cupboard it has these poles that can be raised or lowered making adjusting lights easier etc etc. all my seeds are planted and sprouting and growing 1st set of leaves and all withing 2 days, so i got 2 big bud, 1 norther light x big bud fem and a special kush, all seem healther at minute, im using cfl to try and keep the cost down, ive done a lot of research and found that i need to use 6500 kelvin or slightly above to veg the plant and 2700 or below to flower it off, but im using a mixture to veg so ive got 3 veg bulbs on and also 2 of the 2700 kelvin bulbs just to give it a more real light spectrum, im ok for space, not to sure what nutes to use as i live in UK so brands will be different, maybe some info on what i need to look for in a nute cud help me locate the correct product, the plants seem to be growing quite quick, so height and space is not a concern, just gota hope their all female and not herm or male, i can see a clear difference between both big bid plants the leaves on one seem stronger than the other and slightly different shape but at this stage it would be to early to tell sex or even health, but all seem fine a good strong colour, so far so good, not sure how long im gona veg for as im using cfl's so not sure on veg time, guess i just go on height, possibly thinking of bending the plant over to increase yeild, never tried it before or seen it done so need to make sure its worth doing before i give it a try, might leave one to grow as is and train the other one to increase production, thanks for all your info, ive been taking plenty of picks from day one so will post a journal as soon as i get some free time,

Back
Top Bottom