HunHash's 1st Grow Ever, Wilma Hydro Autoflower Grow Journal, 2020 Stayathome

They normally open up as they mature. You may be better off topping.
Everyone I read or listened to told me that I shouldn't topp autos. Maybe next time I will make an experiment on it, but this time I'll go with LST only.

Hi Guys,

Quick update. Everything is going fine. I decided to raise the nutrient level again and the girls seemed to like it.
I did some LST on the girls (to be precise I do it every day). Here are the results:

Cream Mandarine XL Auto, 32 days old (a weak ago I accidentally broke two branches. One healed and got strong. If you watch closely you can see it at the middle of the picture). I really love the smell of this one. :

20200511_211652.jpg

20200511_211702.jpg

Gorilla Girl XL Auto, 27 days old. She is a beauty. Strong as a horse. She has shown sex just now, I think she will go to flower in a weak or so.

20200511_211710.jpg

20200511_211720.jpg

Bloody Skunk Auto, 20 days old. She is proof that I was shy with the nutrients. She took 1000ppm like a champ and started to grow like crazy. Today was her first day of LST.

20200511_211624.jpg

20200511_211616.jpg

I had some defoliation as well on the two bigger girls. Nothing too serious.

20200511_211605.jpg

What do you think?

I have a dilemma. The Cream Mandarin and the Gorilla Girl started to flower, but the bloody skunk is still rather small. They use the same res, so I don't know if I should switch to bloom nutes or stay on grow for a bit longer.
Will I burn the little one with the high K ratio in the bloom nutes? (advanced nutrients connoisseur)

Here are some pictures:

Cream Mandarine XL Auto 35 days old:

20200515_190932.jpg

Gorilla Girl XL Auto 30 days old:

20200515_190936.jpg

Bloody Skunk Auto 23 days old (I saw a few light nut burns on her, so I decreased the waters PPM under 1200):

20200515_190909.jpg

What do you think?

I’d definetly start bloom formula
Maybe reduce ppm for a bit.
Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll do that tomorrow.

I have to tell, I just can't stop watching them. I talk to them every day. :)

Talking to them is good, it’s unreal how much co2 our breath gives off.
LOL. Then these little girls will suffocate in CO2. But on a more serious note, I have a CO2 bag placed in the tent.I hope it helps.

I changed the reservoir.

Advanced nutrients

Connoisseur Bloom A 1,5ml/l
Connoisseur Bloom B 1.5ml/l
Senzi CalMag 1ml/l
Rhino Skin 2ml/l
B52 2ml/l
Senzizym 2ml/l
Tarantula 2ml/l
Bud Factor X 2ml/l

Stats:
PPM: 1205
PH: 6.2
RH: 5
Air temp: 26.5C
Water temp.:23C

I realized that this stuff (Advanced Nutrients) is quite expensive. The Connoisseur will be enough for a while, but the other supplements are dwindling fast.
I read a lot about Mega Crop, but I still can't decide if it's good enough to change for good. They say it has everything AN have, but I'm afraid of it because it's only one part for all cycles.
What do you think?
What nutrients are you using?
Does anyone have any experience with MC?

I’m using MC and love it, all you is calmag for later in flowering. I started using AN but it’s far too expensive for what it is.
Really? Then maybe you can tell me how it's ok for a one-part nutrient to use this high Kalium at vedge? It drives me crazy.
The AN Grow formula has an NPK ratio of 5-2-7
The MC has 9-6-17
How can it be? How it doesn't burn the plants? Can it be that easy?

Actually AN isnt to far off on ratios, AN tends to omit certain things from there base so you have to buy additional bottles. It’s not the ratios that are really different as it is the amounts.

Actually AN isnt to far off on ratios, AN tends to omit certain things from there base so you have to buy additional bottles. It’s not the ratios that are really different as it is the amounts.
Spending money on water huh? So you say I should give it a go?
And what about their PK booster Bud Explosion? I read somewhere that if you don't know exactly what you are doing, you will probably kill your plants using them together. Is it really that risky? Do you use it?

All I’ve used so far is Megacrop, I don’t have any additional additives. @MrSauga reccomends running MC alone for your first grow or 2 two then decide if you want to tweak your grow with PK boost. I have calmag from Greenleaf nutrients if I need it in flowering.

All I’ve used so far is Megacrop, I don’t have any additional additives. @MrSauga reccomends running MC alone for your first grow or 2 two then decide if you want to tweak your grow with PK boost. I have calmag from Greenleaf nutrients if I need it in flowering.
Correct Penny. Megacrop will get growers from seedling to harvest. The boosters are good to use when in flower at the recommended dose. A good rule of thumb is to start applying it after the second week of flower.
Because it's easy to have your plants turn for the worse if it is not used correctly I always suggest that new growers using MC try the base first before adding the extras.
One last thing about the GLN Calmag. If you have the version that has 13%N then you need to be very very careful you don't burn your plants. With that amount of N and the N in MC, you are adding 22% N during feeding which brings your N PPM well above 200 which is surely going to cause issues.

Correct Penny. Megacrop will get growers from seedling to harvest. The boosters are good to use when in flower at the recommended dose. A good rule of thumb is to start applying it after the second week of flower.
Because it's easy to have your plants turn for the worse if it is not used correctly I always suggest that new growers using MC try the base first before adding the extras.
One last thing about the GLN Calmag. If you have the version that has 13%N then you need to be very very careful you don't burn your plants. With that amount of N and the N in MC, you are adding 22% N during feeding which brings your N PPM well above 200 which is surely going to cause issues.
Thanks MrSauga. Great advice. I will follow it. For CalMag I might use something else than. Sounds much safer.
And what do you think about adding AN BudFactor X. It's been said that it helps the rosin production by telling her that it's under some kind of attack. It contains a bit of Mn (0,5%) and Willow bark extract.
Is there anything I should keep in mind if I'm growing only autoflowers?
Thanks again for taking the time to teach me.

Thanks MrSauga. Great advice. I will follow it. For CalMag I might use something else than.
I recommend any calmag that has a N content of 2% or less. You can safely add what the manufacturer recommends when using it with MC.
And what do you think about adding AN BudFactor X. It's been said that it helps the rosin production by telling her that it's under some kind of attack. It contains a bit of Mn (0,5%) and Willow bark extract.
I'm not familiar with that product but my recommendation would stay the same by running the MC alone. I think you'll be surprised at the results you get. Once you understand how the MC and the color of the plant work together then you'll have a better feel of when to add any supplements, if any. However, it's good to experiment as well so I'll never say not to do anything. It's all for science :)
Is there anything I should keep in mind if I'm growing only autoflowers?
Some standard things that I try to follow would be the following:
-Start off in solo cups then transplant to the final home(no bigger than 5gal pots)
-Start feeding early. When you see the second set of leaves introduce 2g/Gal of Megacrop. Do not overwater. Use something small like pipettes that you can control the amount you are giving. You want to increase the MC weekly until you get to 3g/gal but you can't do that if you overwater the plant. I only give a few mLs at a time when just a seedling.
-If you decide you are going to top then oly do it if you have five good nodes of growth and you are under 21 days of the plant being above the ground. If you don't have five nodes within that window then the plant will do better without topping.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom