NEnewbie: First Grow Ever

NEnewbie

420 Member
Hello! I started outdoor growing some West Coast OG (Indica) autoflower from seed in Mid-May due to length of winter here in Vermont. I also was given some Mexican/Thai Haze (Sativa). The WC OG is coming along nicely but the 3 sativas are way behind. I guess this is the nature of sativa strains but i'm starting to get a little nervous about them flowering before the cooler weather sets in here in new england,

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon for autoflower and 7 gallon for sativas
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog
Lights - the sun
Nutrients - Fox Farms Big Blooms once a week (1 cup/2 gallon filtered water-pH of 6.5) . Also, started using a TBSP of unsulphured black-strap molasses once a week, mixed with warm filtered water)
Strain(s) - West Coast OG auto and Mexican Thai Haze
# of Plants: 1 west coast and 3 MexThai

Would it be beneficial due to my climate zone to start some light deprivation on the 3 sativas? They are in pre flower but no real buds are viewable. I'm also curious about removing the larger fan leaves in order to aid in the speed of the buds' formation. I've attached a pic of my auto and of one of the sativas. They're pretty gangly due to limited amount of sunlight.

Attachments

• IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 42
Hey NEnewbi, Those plants look really good. Your doing a great job with them. Have your Sativas started to flower at all yet? I can't really tell in the photos.

Hi GL
My 3 sativas are still in preflower but very green and healthy. I’m doing a heavy feeding of Fox Farms Big Bloom once a week, mixing 3/4 of a cup of BB to 2 gallons of water. Beyond that I’m watering about every other day depending on soil moisture using my finger in the soil to make that determination. On one of my every-other-day waterings, I’m adding 1 TBSP of unsulfured black strap molasses. My filtered water sits at a pH of 6.5.

Should I let these girls just continue as-is or should I look at something like light deprivation using a blackout tarp to extend the time they’re in darkness (to promote flowering)? Attached is a pic of one of them.

Thanks for any/all thoughts & comments from everyone

Attachments

• sativa-pre.jpg
    sativa-pre.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom