Hydro, Gorilla Zkittles, 2nd Time Growing, PrimeScale

PrimeScale

Ok. So here we are. Something new and exciting for me. This time I plan to lay it all out there and accept the fact, this is what it is.
I’ve always been to embarrassed to post my progress pics from my first grow. Always made excuses for whatever reason. Fact is, this is my set up that I was able to afford on the knowledge I had at the time. I would change many many things now, but can’t afford to at the moment. Oh well. We all start somewhere.

I started 2 Gorilla Zkittles feminized seeds on Dec, 28th. Soaked rockwool overnight then placed seeds approx: 1/4” in.

What I’m using:
Grow Area

36”x36”x60” Tent
1000watt full spectrum LED.
4” carbon fibre filter,
1 oscillating colon fan blowing over the plants
1 fan on the bottom on low setting blowing air.
Small room dehumidifier(when needed)

Hydro Set-up
1 Black plastic tote
2 large air stones
1 air pump with dual output
1 water pump
1 drip manifold

Nutrients
General Hydroponics Flora Series
Great White mycorrhizae

Here are a couple pics from my first grow.

A101043D-E108-467E-BBF6-D3EAAEF8BA0D.jpeg

A2CD2631-FAB1-4438-A445-A0E261394CE8.jpeg

65535D68-B140-4753-A42A-2904E4394FCA.jpeg

my first run with hydro I never used any cal-mag. Just GH flora and great white. I also never checked any ppm. I just ph’d my water and change the res once a week. Maybe I was lucky to get a decent plant out of this grow.

Now, for the current grow. At what point should I give the plants the light source? And what point do I start giving nutrients? Also with my first grow, I used label instructions. I know now to use 1/2 if not 1/4 strength at first.
Learned a lot so far the past week I’ve been on the boards.
Thanks to everyone that contributes on all threads.
Prime.

Ugh. So rookie mistakes have been made. As a result I have two casualties. The story goes, everything was on track. Both seeds had shot up. Just before the seed shell fell off, I came home to find a warm tent, very low humidity and dry rock-wool. Both plants slumped completely. I watered up immediately and then turned on the drip. I was scared to come home to dry conditions again. I added a small tent humidifier. Next day, one plant is standing. Other is not,so I removed. The plant standing had a shell. After a couple days I helped the shell off. The plant opened up and was alive. I had 2 single serrated leaves and then it stopped growing. After a few days of no new growth I did a res change and introduced 1/4 strength nutrients. After several days of no new growth, I came home today to find it slumped over. I pulled the plug. I had kept my tent at 70/71*F and 40-45% humidity.

So, time to start over. I only have 1 gorilla Zkittles seed left. So I’m going to grow the two free Pink Tsunami seeds I got with the order. I don’t know the genetics behind these PTs.
going to order some more rockwool unless there is something else to use?

I'm in too. I also am getting ready to begin my second ever grow in about ten days. I also somehow managed to get something nice from my first grow despite a plethora of rookie errors. Here's a few pics from my first grow. It's Surfr Seeds Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I harvested this at exactly 70 days of flower after 58 days of veg. Psyched to see how you progress! This grow I'm running Humboldt Pineapple Upside Down Cake (not Surfr) and Blueberry as photoperiod in one tent and Cinderella Jack auto and Gorilla Zkittlez auto in the other tent.

Trichome madness.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

DONE.jpg

Yeah, you just have to be careful. I've killed a plant or two in my time with heaters.
Usually, heat mats help.
Hey man, I don't know how to tag people to my grow journal, but I just started my first one. It's called Jon's Second Grow - First Grow Journal - Photoperiod/Autoflower Grow. I'd love for you to check it out if you have any interest.

Ok. So it’s been awhile. Nothing too much to show or talk about. I’m currently running 6 plants. One plant(front centre) is my gorilla zxittles. It’s the one I care a great deal amount. I’ll be cloning it for a dwc grow. The other 5 plants I’m calling Banano Rando. My buddy gave me some banana kush bag seed. I grew one last outdoor season and it seeded on me with a random male. It looks like an indica daddy. 3 look sativa dominant and 2 look indica.

I have a question, I was growing an LSD plant indoors, and developed fungus gnats. I took that plant out and put it outside just to see what happens. High stress level for the plant. I was expecting death. To my surprise it made it to harvest. It also seeded and was next to my banana kush plant. My question is, is it possible my LSD hermie’d on me and pollinated my banana kush? Is it obvious when a hermie is present? My lsd didn’t look off or different.

Below is a pic of my grow tent with 6 plants.
Thanks everyone for your time.

79004A6F-AF03-4284-911E-DF0D0A685D34.jpeg

Yes. The mother banana kush I planted outdoors way late was very tall. It grew over 6 ft tall easy. I think I planted it in July. (Toronto, EasternTime Zone) i remember those fan leaves being massive. Does that tell you anything about the plant?

By the way, these plants, are 6 weeks from seed.

Yes. The mother banana kush I planted outdoors way late was very tall. It grew over 6 ft tall easy. I think I planted it in July. (Toronto, EasternTime Zone) i remember those fan leaves being massive. Does that tell you anything about the plant?

By the way, these plants, are 6 weeks from seed.
Honestly PS I'm on my second grow, so I am the wrong person to ask. I had massive ones on the plants I grew the first time though. Check out my journal if you want. The photos are on Day 20 and getting ready for a topping. I have two tents, one photo one auto. Love to have you.

Yes sir. I started to read through it! I’ll be tagging along. All my plants have been topped once,except 1. That plant is a few weeks older. I’ve topped it maybe 5 or 6 times now. Just experimenting.

My Gorilla is topped once, will probably stay that way. Im also going to get rid of 3 of my Banano Rando’s. Problem is I don’t know the sex, and I think I’m suppose to at this age.

Boooooo urrrrns. 2 males out of the 5 Randos so far. 1 more I’ll know by tomorrow for sure. 2 I believe are female. And my Gorilla xzittles is feminized anyways. All is good. I needed to discard 2 plants anyways as my tent situation didn’t improve as I hoped it would have by now.

I thought I would know for sure. I’m pretty sure it’s a female. But it does have these male like things on them. It’s the best pics I got today. I was cutting it to the seconds before lights out. The other females don’t look like this one.

17432805-DDDE-4CD0-9D66-8BC48FD8A67B.jpeg

221CFBBB-5324-4FD1-BC4A-F661F440641A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom