aussiebuddy

Hello Everyone,

First time caller, long time listener.

I have just setup a 5x5 tent inside my house. I'm looking to grow enough to keep myself satisfied. Quality is the goal, not trying to blow the budget either.

I don't know much about growing anything - its a steep learning curve.

I just cracked some seeds by leaving them in a cup of tap water (0.2 EC, 8.0ph) until tap root just poked out, then 1cm in to coco with a light covering.

1 x OG Sapphire seed from Humboldt about to say hello. I had 2 x OGS and 1 x Pineapple Chunk. 1 OG taproot turned in on itself and went mushy and got put in the bin. Pineapple never cracked and also went in the bin.
3 x Rhino Cookies from Southern Seeds cracked at the moment, 2 about to shed the seed husk. 1 x Rhino Cookie looks to be growing downward. Probably going in the bin if it doesn't fly soon. 1 x Rhino Cookies never cracked and went in the bin.
1 x Bruce Banner seed just went in a cup of water as backup. Banner was a single seed deep in a dank oz I had recently.

Hoping for 4 viable female plants that I can top and scrog

I am running the current configuration:
5ft x 5ft x 6ft tent
2 x Cool tubes
2 x LUMATEK Ultimate Pro 600W CONTROLLABLE BALLAST (400v)
1 x Grow lush timer box with 10A relay for lights. Specifically chose not to use a digital timer here.
1 x R-Timer for feed
1 x R-Timer for cooltube fan (didn't want to have anything else on the light circuit)
2 x Vivosun MHL 400w/240v for Veg (only 1 turned on while seedlings)
2 x Philips Master GreenPower 600W 400V for Flower
4 x 10L AirPot
1 x 200L reservoir with air stone and pump to tent (also can go outside if need to drain the res)
1 x 15L waste nutrient bucket in tent with pump to outside
1 x oscillating stand fan (clip fan on the way)
1 x CAN-LITE 600 filter
1 x Max Fan Pro 150. 600m3/h

100ml duct running fresh air from outside direct to tent with 100ml Cultiv8 fan.
Filtered air vents to outside. Both cultiv8 and Max Fan are on an SMSCOM fan controller set at 27deg C.
Max Fan is attached direct to carbon filter and blows air out.
Air for cool tubes has separate 150mm cultiv8 fan which blows over lights and then to outside. Any air leak means its fresh air going in to the tent, not stinky air going out.

Anyway, I don't know much about growing, but I apparently neither do the people I buy weed off around here :)

Let me know if anything sounds off to you.. I'm here to learn

Growing in Canna Coco Professional Plus

Once they show me some leaves (tomorrow by the look) I will give them distilled water feeds with a tiny bit of A, B & C + Ryzo (~0.2-0.4EC) until roots are established .

This is what I plan to feed them the first week after the seeds are established @ ph 5.8, EC 0.8-1.0:

BAC COCO A 1.0ml/L
BAC COCO B 1.0ml/L
Potassium Silicate 0.33ml/L (3ml/3L)
FULVIC ACID
BAC Veg C 0.5ml/L
HG Multizyme 0.1ml/L
RYZO 1ml/L

Hand watering for now but as soon as its time I will select 4, transplant to 10L AirPots and commence automatic watering..

Tested the irrigation lines, all seems to work although the drainage hole might be a bit high.. I dont want humidity issues due to liquid sitting around between feeds, will see how that plays

I'm 3 days in. Any interest in seeing this?

seed1.jpguphigh.jpgballast1.jpg

It's ticking along ok so far. the final 4 have been selected by nature.

I transplanted them to 10L/3Gal AirPots today.

I made up 100L of nutrients, ran quite a bit through the coco in the pots before transplant

100L tap water (0.2ec) , air stone, left to sit over night with the following recipe:

100ml RYZO
25ml BAC A
25ml BAC B
12.5ml BAC Veg C
60ml Cal Mag
30ml Potassium Silicate
15-25ml ph down

ended at 5.8ph, 0.6ec

waited almost a full 24 hours so the soil was firm, then transplanted and fed.

result:

IMG_20200417_215851.jpgIMG_20200417_215859.jpg

Mate, you really do sound like you know what you are doing already! I'm going to tag along for your grow if you don't mind. I'm just started my first indoor grow and have to admit it's a lot more low-tech and less thought out than yours...

Best of luck with it!
thanks mate, i appreciate the kind words. i dont know much ive just done a ton of reading while we are on lock down and am being guided by the themes i see repeated across grow journals and various threads over time, as well as trying to read peer reviewed journals to get a feel for the science along the way. the nutrients are just things that are readily available to me.

i'm trying not to go overboard with additives but whats left is to get the light, temp and humidity right. at the moment im running 26.5 deg C max day, 20 deg C during the night. humidity hovers around 40-60%.. not sure if that is going to cause me issues with mold come bud time

i am planning to have a crack at wiring up some sensors and possibly pump control relays to a raspberry pi or two with a goal of automation at some point in the future so i can control the whole thing from another room... but i need to figure out how to grow in the first place though so dont want to get too ahead of myself.

its a bit of a hobby. i had a good time setting it all up & running the irrigation lines, etc.. but the main goal out of it all is to stop buying average quality ounces each month for $250 a pop :)

its a bit of a hobby. i had a good time setting it all up & running the irrigation lines, etc.. but the main goal out of it all is to stop buying average quality ounces each month for $250 a pop :)

I hear you. I really fell in love with it over the summer caring for my outdoor plants. They turned out ok considering they were grown from bagseed out of average weed

progress. first 5 finger leaf. one is looking a bit pale so i think that means its OK to up the nutrients, one is looking overwatered and sad since the transplant. it was the last to hatch so i think i probably moved it up too soon... oh well

IMG_20200421_205154.jpgIMG_20200421_205241.jpgIMG_20200421_205251.jpg

down to 3 - I pulled one for non-performance. started at the same time as the others, same feed, same coco but it was small and the leaves were looking haggard.

2 x rhino cookies and 1 x sapphire og left.

one of the rhino cookies is clearly growing better than the other two. if it turns out to be a female it may become the mother

better drainage trays are on the way also - these ones dont drain without me tilting them. also have some hydro halo's on the way since these feed rings dont wet the coco evenly

IMG_20200425_083746.jpgIMG_20200425_083752.jpg

little bit of nute burn is showing. i didnt think i had it too high to be honest (5.8ph, 0.9EC - running 5.8ph/0.6EC before with no issues)

i have started drip clean this feed, however. on further reading its said to run drip clean from the beginning or risk making the salts stored in the tank/hose/media available to the plant, causing burn.

I've got about 50L bubbling away, unclear on whether i should dump and re-mix without the drip clean or keep going with this

its not looking crippling and the rest of the leaves are looking nice and green - anyone with similar experience?

today is day #17 since the seed was transferred to coco, 8 days since transplant from their first cup.

the nute burn is not looking too bad at lights on. dropped the EC to 0.7. also moved the lights up a bit today

gave them a good flushing today. i hooked up a hose with a tap and a nozzle to my feed ring so its easy to hand feed them. no more watering can.

IMG_20200427_184314.jpgIMG_20200427_184321.jpg

ended up dumping the res. decided it was probably too much N from the calmag & nitrogen booster for the base nute

made a new mix up @ EC1.1 with 50L of tap water, noticed it burned the tips a bit so dropped it back to 0.9 by adding about 25L of water.

i had cut the kelp out for over a week but put it back in this mix. noticed it within 6 hours they looked heathier

still trying to dial it all in as far as everything goes - they arent looking too bad, really hoping that big one is a female. the one looking a bit droopy doesnt get enough of the fan, got another on the way

day #18 in coco from seed. 2 x Rhino Cookies, 1 x OG Sapphire

should they be bigger?

IMG_20200429_192623.jpgIMG_20200429_192607.jpg

almost 3 weeks old - i think the big one is starting to show its sex.

what do you think? male, female, too early to tell?
To me it looks like a gender structure is visible in the first pic but it is too difficult to make out from your picture. If you had a sharp closeup on the preflower (not the stipules) then you could quite possibly make a good guess from it's shape/features, otherwise you just have to wait until it develops further I'd think.

Back
Top Bottom