I got some slime

homegrower

Just one week into my grow in a 5 gallon bucket I found some pretty bad slime. My water temps were up to 75 degrees. It has covered my roots and was growing all over the bucket. I cleaned with vinegar, filled with cold water and set my ph to 6.0 do you think water temp was the culprit? I had added one millimetre of molasses since its still to early for nutes. I can't provide pictures but I'm sure you all know it looks like.

water temp could be the culprit.... 75 is a lil high... make sure you rinsed off the roots... do you have a light leak or anything? change your water for a few days to make sure it clears up... i've heard you have to change your water every other week and possibly put a little peroxide in to prevent the fungus's from forming.... good luck

No light leak, I did a rinse and added peroxide as suggested. I have a fan blowing on the bucket until I can get a ten gallon pot to put the bucket in.

hmmm... hopefully someone else with a lil more experience comments on this... but i will keep updated.... :thumb:

Do you have lots of air going into the buckets? Air stones? If they are just sitting in water with no water movement due to air they won't last long at all.

This is my first grow using a zyme product in my DWC and have never had better roots. I use StressZyme+ for fish tanks at a rate of 1ml/gal

uFVc8.jpg

Do some research. They make zyme products for both hydro and fish tanks. Guess which is the cheaper of the two?

Also, Stop using molasses!!!! Give your plant like 200ppm of some nutes. What nutes are you using and have your roots dropped into the bucket.

What is the ppm of your water?

And do not use h2o2 with zyme.

I am no pro but I do know, Big roots, Big fruits.

100% water temps is the big issue. I don't know if you have other issues too but 75f temps is way too high. Goal should be 68f. The bad shit can't live in sub 69 temps.

I highly suggest doing something to cool those temps. But DON'T drop ice jugs into the water! As the roots grow, they will contact the ice jugs and freeze and break off. Roots don't like ice.

You can however, place the 5 gal bucket into a larger tub filled with water and place ice jugs in that tub and cool from the outside cold water bath provided. Pain in the ass maybe, rotating ice jugs 1-2 times per day every day. But you'll not have this issue.

I use this technique in my 4 bucket veg. When it's time to flip to flower and they go into my tent, they get a water chiller that remains a constant 68f. I've not had a slime issue since doing these things over a year ago.

Congrats hun glad you figured her out... Man we women are picky :rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom