I have nitrogen toxicity symptoms with MG soil. What can I do?

nycawaak

Guys - I have one plant in the 3rd week of 12/12 with many symptoms of nitrogen deficiency. Should I flush or just use plain water when watering for a while. I used MG potting soil which has Nitrogen inside the soil that is released when you water. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge that can guide me? I would appreciate any help. And yes next time I won't use MG.

So I am guessing its not MG organic its just normal slow time release MG soil.

I think we need pics to best help you.

First you said toxicity, later you said deficiency. Two entirely different things. Need more info and preferably pics to better assist you. Also include what you have available for feeding.

Jimmycricket - Thanks for the response. I meant to type "toxicity" both times but typed "deficiency" in error. I can't supply any pictures of the plant right now but the signs of nitrogen toxicity are dark green leaves, "the claw" effect on many of the fan leaves, slowed growth and some leaves growing crookedly. Luckily no dying leaves yet. I used Miracle Grow Moisture Control potting mix. I had to cut the vegetative stage down to just 2 weeks because of time constraints. I must go on a trip and will not be around long enough for a complete grow cycle. By cutting the vegetative cycle to 2 weeks I allowed about 10 weeks for flowering and drying/curing. During the veg stage I fed the plant one portion of diluted MG plant food. After I switched to 12/12 I fed it with diluted (1/4) MG Bloom. Until recently I also fed it with a very diluted mixture of Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed. I'm thinking that I caused the problems by shortening the vegetative cycle not allowing the Nitrogen to be depleted from the potting soil while adding more Nitrogen with the various fertilizers. Would you agree with this? The plant does not appear to be dying but I am wondering what my next move should be. I am now just watering it with filtered water but I am wondering if I should flush it. And in the case of flushing it can you use tap water that may have chlorine in it okay?

flushing time release soil actually adds more nutes. So its a bad idea for you.

Hopefully your mg bloom has no or low nitrogen. If so just feed it 1/2 strength nutes for awhile and see how it responds. if it has a fair bit of N, then feed it 1/4 strength bloom nutes.

Back
Top Bottom