I Need Some Feedback On My First Grow Room Setup!

Time to start the harvest!

One plant is starting show some amber so she's comin down! Here's a few preview pics!

Blue_Cheese_02-2.jpg
Blue_Cheese_02.jpg
Blue_Cheese_02-3.jpg
Fat_Cola.jpg

Re: Gettin Close!!

Thanks Nerd! I'm gonna hang everything outside the grow room where all the air is vented outside into the middle of a empty field. I live on 16 acres so I'm not too worried about the smell. I use the spring loaded Fiskars to trim, and I save all the sugar for bho later. I used mason jars last time, and it got to be a hassle opening and dumping out 20 mason jars every day. So I went to hobby lobby and got these big air tight candy jars for 10 bucks each. the tall square ones are only 5 bucks.
CAM001803.jpg

Nice source on the jars. How much water do they hold? Does any water leak out when filled and inverted?
HL founders would shit bricks if they knew what you're storing in them. :)

Wide mouth mason jars work much better for bud than the regular mouth jars. I found a case of 6, 1/2 gallon jars at ACE HW for $14.
(note the picture on their site shows the 32 oz wide mouth size, not the correct picture )

Looking good co. How's it going.

Working 3 jobs at once so I'm super busy. I'm looking forward to Batch #2 harvest after a 25 year break from growing cannabis.
Here's what mt current buds look like close up in early week 6 of 12/12.
Early_Bud-A.JPG

I picked a lower bud off of one of my plants in order to examine the maturity.
Pistil-A.JPG

Pistil-B.JPG

The density of trichomes is much better than in my first batch.
Trichome-Closeup.JPG

Here's some nice pictures of early sugar leaves. Notice the few amber trichomes.
SugarLeaf-B.JPG
SugarLeaf-A.JPG

Here's my grow:
IMAG045014.jpg

How are y'all?

Awesome grow dude.

It looks like you got a nice crop. How do you cure?

Thanks! It turned out great due to everyone's help! I trim then let them hang dry till the stems start to crack. After that I cut all the nugs off the branches and put them in my 1.5 gallon jars with a mini hygrometer/thermometer and burp them twice a day. Once the RH inside the jar gets below 65% I throw a Boveda 62 in each one, and just burp them once a day. Every three day's I dump the jars into a big bowl mix it up a bit, let it sit for about 30, then back into the jars. I wanted to let it all sit in jars for 30 day's but everyone love's it like it is and my harvest wont last another two weeks if it keeps going at this pace.

My last plant to come out, it was two weeks behind the others. It was way smaller when it went into bloom and its only in a 4 gallon bucket.
GOPR4866.JPG
GOPR4870.JPG
GOPR4871.JPG
GOPR4869.JPG
GOPR4873.JPG
GOPR4874.JPG
GOPR4876.JPG

hello all ...just joined the forum, also I'm am attempting my first grow.i have been doing research online and there is so many ways about this that is kind of confusing for me.i have no experience on this what so ever but desided why not give it a try, i found 4 seeds in one one of my nugs and decided to put them in a wet paper towel...the following day they sprouted so i left them till the root was about half an inch long and planted them in some organic soil from home depot in a cup and put them by the window...they kept growing so i moved them to under a 40w cfl. all 4 plants are different sizes and i water them every day till the soil is wet. i decided to build a lamp and put them inside the closet i put 4 23watt 6500k daylight CFL (in my pictures). i also got fox farms trio that i might be starting to use after about 2 weeks. i will be adding a fan and ventilation system since it get to about 80-82 degrees under the lights.

i will post pics of my set up so far . any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated .

Hydro is fun. That's all I did (indoors) in the '80s :)

Interesting use of yo-yo hangers. It's not easy getting the light where you want it, is it?

I looks like it's time to fix your venting issues and get rid of the funky Y joint if possible.
You'll want to cool the light without venting the room when using CO2.
What will you be using to pump the grow room heat out of the house in the summer?

How are you going to consume the "butter"?

hello all ...just joined the forum, also I'm am attempting my first grow.i have been doing research online and there is so many ways about this that is kind of confusing for me.

i will post pics of my set up so far . any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated .

Welcome to the forum berts1011. You'll find lot's of good advice here. You may want to start your own journal on the site or ask for help in a few threads as this is just a side thread on the big site.

In the mean time, You are on the right track. A big beginner mistake is over watering and over feeding. Only water when the pots are dry.
Be pretty wary of the lumber store organic soil. I got some and it had an 8.5 pH. MG organic we bought for an orchid came with gnats.
I stopped using the "good" soil I had on hand and bought the ready made stuff (on sale) at the grow store.

I just think there's poor QA on the organic soil products and big regional differences, so you just have to be aware of the potential for problems when you use them. Growing in bad soil is not much fun and the plants don't do very well, either.

Good Luck and Happy growing!

Hydro is fun. That's all I did (indoors) in the '80s :)

Interesting use of yo-yo hangers. It's not easy getting the light where you want it, is it?

What will you be using to pump the grow room heat out of the house in the summer?

Right now the light has its own fan on the outside of the room blowing through it. The filter has its own fan sucking air through it. The two air streams combine and travel through the garage and out of the house.

Here's some more remodeling pics, finally got a real door that opens the right way!!!!!!:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:

GOPR4887.JPG
GOPR4888.JPG
GOPR4889.JPG
GOPR4890.JPG
GOPR4891.JPG
GOPR4892.JPG

Thank you for the advice....hoping to learn as I go . I Started watering less...prob every other day or when the soil is dry but now In 3 of the plants the leaves are bending down not sure what is cousing this but someone suggested a bag over them for higher hummidity
Here are some pics before I bagged them
image21170.jpg
image21166.jpg
image21165.jpg

The tiny ones have a very small root mass. The top of the cup is probably dry. Time to water.
A little droop and restore on watering is just fine. Better to let them droop for a bit then to let their roots sit constantly in soggy soil.

The humidity should be pretty high. Cut a water bottle in half and put the top (with the hole) over the plant if it dries too fast to make a simple mini-dome :)

Your room is looking pretty nice. Your setup looks much more professional than it did just months ago.

Working on plants at table height is much nicer too, I've found. Are you moving to inert media, or are you going to use soil with the flood table?

Are you moving to inert media, or are you going to use soil with the flood table?

I'm going keep it like you see and when I water the run off will drain into a bucket that I can empty. I don't have any floor drains in the area, that would be nice.I'm just tired of waiting for each drip tray to fill then sucking them out over & over. But I am thinking about getting a basin that I fill with water and nutes. Then a submersible pump that supply's water lines with distributor buttons and sprayer spikes to each plant. Eliminates hand watering.

I'm going keep it like you see and when I water the run off will drain into a bucket that I can empty. I don't have any floor drains in the area, that would be nice.I'm just tired of waiting for each drip tray to fill then sucking them out over & over. But I am thinking about getting a basin that I fill with water and nutes. Then a submersible pump that supply's water lines with distributor buttons and sprayer spikes to each plant. Eliminates hand watering.

I have found that halo rings work really well for both soil and coco feeding. Works with a normal aquarium style pump.

Back
Top Bottom