Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Hey everyone!

Quick update... Day 49 of flowering...

So I decided to instead of plain water this week give the girls a nice compost tea. I've been reading up some on compost teas and they say a fungal heavy compost tea is best during flowering, so I made a fungal based compost tea including fish hydroslate, cold pressed seaweed, premixed and cooked soil, worm castings, earth juice catalyst.

I not only gave the girls a nice foliar spray of compost tea, but also gave a double feeding of water yesterday to help wash out any heavy N that is making the leaves curl down, as well as fill the soil with a nice mix of microbes and fungi :) The plants seemed extra smelly today when I opened the tent :) They will get compost tea for the next 2 days and then I will give them a nice earthjuice tea the following 3 days.

Here are today's photos...Day 49 Flowering... (still probably 2-3 weeks to go)

IMG_20141210_165144.jpg
IMG_20141210_165151.jpg
IMG_20141210_165213.jpg
IMG_20141210_165219.jpg
IMG_20141210_165236.jpg
IMG_20141210_165252.jpg
IMG_20141210_165322.jpg
IMG_20141210_165331.jpg
IMG_20141210_165340.jpg
IMG_20141210_165357.jpg
IMG_20141210_165406.jpg

Looking Great Brudda! Those are looking super frosty and solid! those look like they are going to finish out really strong.. what tea did you throw at them? They seemed to have really liked it!

Thank you K0ncept!!! yeah I have a feeling this will be my best harvest yet in terms of quality, and possibly even Gram/watt... in a few weeks we will see :)

I didn't use a brand tea, made my own..

I used a 5 gallon bucket full of Reverse osmosis water, a pump with dual airstones in the bucket, and a paint strainer.

I filled the paint strainer with about 2 large handfuls of premixed and cooked soil and about 1 handful of worm castings. This then sits in the water like a teabag.

To the water I added: yucca extract, fish hydroslate, cold pressed seaweed, humic acid, earthjuice catalyst (because of the oat bran meal and yeast) I forgot I also added some fruit pulp from a smoothy to the water and some green coconut water.

The goal of this was to create a fungal based compost tea with a heavier emphasis on the fungi vs bacteria.. in which is supposed to be better for flowering where in veg you want a more bacteria based tea.

So far they really seem to like the tea :)

Here are the official PAR readings from Advanced LED for the XTE 300 series. These readings were taken with a LI-Cor par meter according to Advanced LED.

PAR per watt
@ 18" 17.49
@ 36" 17.09
@ 48" 15.42

PAR sum
@ 18" 4531
@ 36" 4426
@ 48" 3993

Heat 98

Running wattage 259

Center Par
@ 18" 1535
@ 36" 1154
@ 48" 600

Here are the official PAR readings from Advanced LED for the XTE 300 series. These readings were taken with a LI-Cor par meter according to Advanced LED.

PAR per watt
@ 18" 17.49
@ 36" 17.09
@ 48" 15.42

PAR sum
@ 18" 4531
@ 36" 4426
@ 48" 3993

Heat 98

Running wattage 259

Center Par
@ 18" 1535
@ 36" 1154
@ 48" 600

Sick.

PAR per watt
@ 18" 17.49
@ 36" 17.09
@ 48" 15.42

PAR sum
@ 18" 4531
@ 36" 4426
@ 48" 3993

Heat 98

Running wattage 259

Center Par
@ 18" 1535
@ 36" 1154
@ 48" 600

What's up Ice, everything is looking good as always. Have you played with your PAR meter with these new lights? I'm not doubting Advanced's accuracy, but if you also measured using your equipment this would give a direct comparison with the other LEDs you've used and tested. Being able to compare those results and the specs for each of the lights would go a long way for those of us in the LED market. We really appreciate your hard work. I recently started my own journal (which is not as detailed or informative as yours) so I know how much work goes into these things. Apologies if this question has already been asked or answered.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

What's up Ice, everything is looking good as always. Have you played with your PAR meter with these new lights? I'm not doubting Advanced's accuracy, but if you also measured using your equipment this would give a direct comparison with the other LEDs you've used and tested. Being able to compare those results and the specs for each of the lights would go a long way for those of us in the LED market. We really appreciate your hard work. I recently started my own journal (which is not as detailed or informative as yours) so I know how much work goes into these things. Apologies if this question has already been asked or answered.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

To put it more succinctly, an "Icemud schools everyone on LED specs" thread would be awesome. You could detail PAR, yield, current draw, whatever. I can honestly say no one would be more qualified than you.

To put it more succinctly, an "Icemud schools everyone on LED specs" thread would be awesome. You could detail PAR, yield, current draw, whatever. I can honestly say no one would be more qualified than you.

Hey Ice great looking buds there buddy! You should get some Great White mycorrhizae to add to your teas, you only need a little. I also add a little carbs to fire up the organisms (black strap molasses - organic from Whole Foods is my fave).

Cheers

Hey Ice great looking buds there buddy! You should get some Great White mycorrhizae to add to your teas, you only need a little. I also add a little carbs to fire up the organisms (black strap molasses - organic from Whole Foods is my fave).

Cheers

I actually use Humboldt Mycos Maximum and also Biovam for my mycos and bacteria :) I don't usually use carbs because with the type of growing I do, I want the microbes to "eat" the rocks in the soil, and typically adding carbs makes them lazy. The process of growing for high brix allows the plant to feed the microbes through root exudates so no additional carbs are needed :)

Nice I see you've got all that covered then! I dont always use carbs in my ACT but I used some BSM 55 days of flower with just water and my buds fattened up over night. I was ready to harvest and added in some carbs and it helped big time. Now I'm tying up all the colas!

I actually use Humboldt Mycos Maximum and also Biovam for my mycos and bacteria :) I don't usually use carbs because with the type of growing I do, I want the microbes to "eat" the rocks in the soil, and typically adding carbs makes them lazy. The process of growing for high brix allows the plant to feed the microbes through root exudates so no additional carbs are needed :)

Well Ice i just wanted to tell you i took the plunge and just ordered one the XTE 300s.......watching your grow progress over the last weeks and all the tests that you ran for us with the videos was too much for me to deny:)....Thank you sir for your detailed journal......of course thier were other reasons that led me to my decision one being the 12 week return policy....try it out for 12 weeks and if i dont like it return it for a full refund, but your hands on was the clencher:):thanks:

Well Ice i just wanted to tell you i took the plunge and just ordered one the XTE 300s.......watching your grow progress over the last weeks and all the tests that you ran for us with the videos was too much for me to deny:)....Thank you sir for your detailed journal......of course thier were other reasons that led me to my decision one being the 12 week return policy....try it out for 12 weeks and if i dont like it return it for a full refund, but your hands on was the clencher:):thanks:

I'm very happy to hear that my information and journals/videos helped you make a good decision. I can say that so far I am fully impressed with the Advanced LED lights and I think you made a good choice. I hope you used my discount code, not sure what % off you get, but its some money off :) When you get the light all set up, definitely let me know and shoot me a link to your journal. I would love to see your impression of them and to watch your plants fall in love :) haha :) I think you will be very pleased with your choice, and I was able to help :) Just make sure to keep your plants at least 10-12" away... any closer and you will get bleaching because these LED's are extremely intense. :)

Sounds good Ice and i will let you know when she turns on:)....thanks for the advice....i normally keep my leds at least 12 inches away anyhow so definately will keep the same regimen with the xte.....if i like it which i am sure i will then i will get another one so both of them can rock my flower room:).....oh and your code saved me 30 buckaroos so :thanks:for the code:)

Back
Top Bottom