Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Hey Icemud,

i really like your reports.
I can't find one Information:
How many of the 5w Cree / 3w Oswald Leds are built in each 3x3 Cluster of the regular XTE Series LED Grow Light?

Sorry if already answered.

Hey Icemud,

i really like your reports.
I can't find one Information:
How many of the 5w Cree / 3w Oswald Leds are built in each 3x3 Cluster of the regular XTE Series LED Grow Light?

Sorry if already answered.

Great question and for validation I would suggest writing or contacting Advanced LED to find out what they confirm.... but I will do my best visual analysis to provide what I can verify/observe based on my lights.

Here are the chips featured in the XTE series lights... based on visual comparison to Cree and OSRAM chips. I am not 100% sure that I am accurate on the chip types, however after comparing all options on the market, these seem to be what is in the panels.

OSRAM OSLON SSL 80 Hyper Red (646-666nm)* based on possible BIN numbers, source OSRAM Data sheets
DSC098082.JPG

Cree XPE Red (Not 100% sure but seems to be this chip) (610-630nm) * based on possible BIN numbers, source CREE Data sheets
DSC098361.JPG

Cree XTE White (not sure what color temp, most likely a neutral around 4-5k)
DSC09833.JPG

Cree XTE Blue (450-460nm) * based on possible BIN numbers, source CREE Data sheets
DSC098181.JPG

IR dual diode chip (looks like an Epistar) not many LEd companies make IR chips. (720-740nm) * based on possible BIN numbers, source EPISTAR Data sheets
DSC098282.JPG

Now by the looks of it, there are 2 different combinations of modules in this panel.

One module contains: 1 Cree XTE blue, 1 Cree XTE white, 5 OSRAM SSL 80 Hyper red, and 2 Cree XPE RED.
IMG_20141217_162701.jpg

The other module contains: 2 Cree XTE blue, 5 OSRAM SSL 80 Hyper Red, 1 Cree XPE RED, 1 (dual diode) IR chip (most likely epistar)
IMG_20141217_162651.jpg

Here is the full view of the panel with only the Red Channel ON:
IMG_20141217_162747.jpg

Here is the full view of the panel with only the Blue/White Channel ON:
IMG_20141217_162801.jpg

Here is the full view of the panel with all channels ON:
IMG_20141217_162818.jpg

Like I mentioned above, this is only based on visual comparison between what is actually in my LED from Advanced, and comparing to visual photos, and data sheets of Cree and OSRAM chips. I would contact Advanced LED to find out what they tell you, as I may be wrong.

Hey everyone!!!

I hope all of you are having a great holiday season so far. I have been busy planning trips, applying for jobs and other things as well so my apologies for not being as active as usual over the past few weeks. I still try to keep updating every 3-4 days or so, but just not as social as usual because of other things going on... But... Here is todays update :) !!!!!

So today would make day 56 of Flowering and things are still looking really good in the tent. I have been minimizing the amount of Nitrogen that I have been feeding the plants since they are getting closer to harvest, and so now you can see the leaves (larger ones) starting to yellow, but the buds are still getting fatter, still shooting out new white pistils (not as many now) and still getting frostier by the day :)

I did a trichome check just out of curiosity yesterday, and still all clear on all plants, so I know I still have another few weeks to go. I am guessing that right around the new year I will be harvesting, so probably within 2 to 3 weeks max.

I've noticed that the plants don't seem to be taking up as much water as they were in earlier flowering, so I had a slight overwatering issue about a week and a half ago that I am working to correct. I have still been feeding daily, but reduced from 3 cups of water per day to just 1 cup of water per day, and checking the soil moisture levels daily to adjust if needed by adding 1/2 cup or subtracting a 1/2 cup of feeding per day dependent on their uptake.

The last 2 days I have been giving them a mixture of r/o water and doggett/simpson bloom nutrients in a very low ppm.

Here are today's photos... Its really hard to tell because of the tangled mess of branches, but there is just a full canopy full of bud behind all the leaves... I'm pretty excited once I start harvesting to see what truely lies growing beyond the foliage :) I think its going to be a pretty impressive yield...

So I have been looking at my "supposed Grandaddy Purple" and "purple urkle" and I am not convinced that these genetics are what they are.. The Grandaddy purple actually looks identical to my GSC plant growing on the other side of the tent, and smells almost identical with a Kush smell to it. Since GDP doesn't have kush in it, I am thinking that the clone place I used gave me GSC instead of GDP but not 100% sure... now I did ask for Kens Cut of GDP and the more I have been reading, the Kens Cut is not the same as the popular Norcal GDP that I so favorite so I will have to wait and see to know for sure. One thing I do know is GDP smells and tastes unlike any other bud I have tried.. so I will definitely know one way or the other :)

Also the Purple Urkle smells nice and sweet, but just doesn't have that Purple Urkle smell that I know from Norcal that I commonly get from my buddy up there.... and it doesn't look like photos I compare it to online... so I am unsure exactly if its purple urkle or not.... either way, whatever strain they are, they smell fantastic and are totally coated in trichomes....

I wish local clone/genetics dispensaries and services had there ducks in a row per say...I have wasted a few grows now on genetics that were said to be one thing, but ended up being another and I really wish people would just be consistent and accurate with what they sell. I guess I will have to go back to my one clone source who always is right on point, and never wrong...

Oh well, still some amazing strains, even if they are not exactly what they are supposed to be. I do have to say the blue dream from the same place does seem to be correct in look and smell, and since I've never heard of churchberry or seen it elsewhere, who knows if it is legit...

I am still extremely pleased on how my garden is looking and I think this by far is going to be my best quality harvest ever, just by the smell, the looks of the plants and how coated they are in trichomes :) hope all goes well in the next 2-3 weeks :) I'm excited :)

Well here are today's photos...

IMG_20141217_162027.jpg
IMG_20141217_162034.jpg
IMG_20141217_162041.jpg
IMG_20141217_162048.jpg
IMG_20141217_162105.jpg
IMG_20141217_162112.jpg
IMG_20141217_162119.jpg
IMG_20141217_162128.jpg
IMG_20141217_162143.jpg
IMG_20141217_162152.jpg
IMG_20141217_162204.jpg
IMG_20141217_162214.jpg
IMG_20141217_162227.jpg
IMG_20141217_162254.jpg
IMG_20141217_162302.jpg
IMG_20141217_162324.jpg
IMG_20141217_162334.jpg
IMG_20141217_162342.jpg
IMG_20141217_162349.jpg

Anyone who has grown Grand daddy purple... (who knows the real deal) Can you tell me if this looks like GDP??

IMG_20141217_162254.jpg
IMG_20141217_162302.jpg

You mean to tell me you guys can tell strains by the bud formations? Sheesh! The more I learn The More I don't know...

Looking awesome Ice!! I took your advice and found Capt Jacks Deadbug at Lowes! I had a few nats to get rid of so I used azamax as a drench and used the CJ's as a spray... Thank You! Seems I have them well under control, I just need to follow up with another drench and spray in a few days. I have learned so much from you! Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU!!! and Merry Christmas!! I will be trying to cut some clones today and start flowering a couple of plants!!

Keep up the great work! and hoping good fortune finds you soon with respects to the job hunt!!

You mean to tell me you guys can tell strains by the bud formations? Sheesh! The more I learn The More I don't know...

You and me both.

Great jub icmud
I love your work :)

I Need your help

I was ondering if you can help me choose ;)

I got a tent 3×3×6 i have 2 lumentur 2x(180w) by lush lighting

I am growing 1 plant (growing big )

I was wonder if i need to put an exstra light?
(money isnt a problem to buy 1 more led)
And if i need should i go with

Ctlite 3G 360W = 490$ include shiping (from ctlite made in china)
Or
Advanced led xte 300 = 1036$ include shiping
Does advanced xte worth the money?

I am asking you becuse i really imprest from all your grow jornals. You give all the right and true info ! :)

1 last thing
There is any way i can know how mach i will get from 1 plant in Dwc 2 month veg under all this light

have a great weekend ;)

Ty

Great jub icmud
I love your work :)

I Need your help

I was ondering if you can help me choose ;)

I got a tent 3×3×6 i have 2 lumentur 2x(180w) by lush lighting

I am growing 1 plant (growing big )

I was wonder if i need to put an exstra light?
(money isnt a problem to buy 1 more led)
And if i need should i go with

Ctlite 3G 360W = 490$ include shiping (from ctlite made in china)
Or
Advanced led xte 300 = 1036$ include shiping
Does advanced xte worth the money?

I am asking you becuse i really imprest from all your grow jornals. You give all the right and true info ! :)

1 last thing
There is any way i can know how mach i will get from 1 plant in Dwc 2 month veg under all this light

have a great weekend ;)

Ty

Advanced LED is much better than CTlite. I would highly recommend them. There really isn't a way to "estimate" how much yield you will get from a plant because there are too many things that could effect it... for instance, give 3 people the same clone, and each will yield differently, because of the way they grow, nutrients they use, ways they train the plant, and even different phenotypes allow for different growth traits.

Advanced LED is definitely working in my garden, and uses much more quality LED chips than the CT lite or actually most LEDs on the market which use Epistar and Epiled. I would definitely go Advanced, you will be really happy you did.

Hey Ice...:)....got my XTE 300 today.....very happy so far....kind of curious as to the difference in what they publish the 300 will draw being 274watts and when i tested mine it was 235....i then remembered you encountered the same thing on your video.....did you inquire as to why the difference?.....if not i will email him....does he have a profile on here? Thanks again for the detailed journal:).....i cant wait to see the difference in plant health and quality:)

Hey Ice...:)....got my XTE 300 today.....very happy so far....kind of curious as to the difference in what they publish the 300 will draw being 274watts and when i tested mine it was 235....i then remembered you encountered the same thing on your video.....did you inquire as to why the difference?.....if not i will email him....does he have a profile on here? Thanks again for the detailed journal:).....i cant wait to see the difference in plant health and quality:)

Hey Green Dreamz!!!

Thats sweet you got a XTE... Your plants will love it ! mine are :)

As far as draw watts, both of my panels read at 247w...both of them.

I actually didn't inquire about the difference, because I figured it was a typo on their website.... 274 or 247...but never checked with them. I'm not sure if they have profile on here, but I would suggest either emailing or calling Kyle and he should be able to give some insight to it.

Really happy to hear you got the XTE.. I so far think that these are the best LED's I have used... :)

i have noticed when I start my LED panel it reads 190-192w for the first few minutes then it settles at 180w for the duration of the light cycle. with a 447w (running) LED I could see it consuming 474w or about 25w extra at start up.

My Mars&Hydro was advertised with a 190w and 180w rating as well as its theoretical max power when over-driven / driven (300w) with the full amperage if it had some pretty fierce and noisy cooling which they don't.

i have noticed when I start my LED panel it reads 190-192w for the first few minutes then it settles at 180w for the duration of the light cycle. with a 447w (running) LED I could see it consuming 474w or about 25w extra at start up.

My Mars&Hydro was advertised with a 190w and 180w rating as well as its theoretical max power when over-driven / driven (300w) with the full amperage if it had some pretty fierce and noisy cooling which they don't.

This is typical with most LED's. As junction temperature rises, the voltage and light output drop.

I had assumed it was because the cold ballasts and bulbs had extra resistance until they got up to temperature but were at a lower initial lumen output.
Well that was my guess.
Watt meters are a handy device for the Grow , I am using one to document my grow energy consumption , fans and lights etc.

Back
Top Bottom