If you were expecting an inheritance, how would you consequently outfit your grow space?

Magnus8

Hey all!

Sitting here bored on Mother's Day because I neither HAVE nor AM a mom. Knowing too well that the battle over my dead father's very small estate will be over soon and I will finally be receiving my meagre inheritance. Most of it will be put into savings so that I can buy a small house in about 5 years time and I need a hot tub, insurance on my vehicle, my vehicle fixed and some furniture. But once all that is taken care of I should have enough to modestly flesh out my grow room. Right now I only have a 1200w LED and my grow tent. I'd certainly like more.

So my question to all of you is this: if you were in my boat how would you outfit your dream grow room. And not industrial outfits. We'd all like one of those buildings...

So let's dream a little. Let's compare what equipment and why we would buy it.

Hell, we all might learn a thing or two along the way.

And I'm sure a thread like this must already exist somewhere. If so just point me in that direction and I'll leave y'all alone.

And of course I'm trying to get ideas for my own grow. That's the idea, silly!

All my best,
~Magnus

My dad left us two boys his three long guns (so I got the lesser one), the knowledge/attitude of trying to help others whenever possible... and the care of Mom. Not exactly anything that could improve my grow room directly. On the other hand, a few people have, over time, helped out with this or that thing. I finally came to the conclusion that they must have been doing so because... IDK, because you tend to try to help a guy out when you see that he's doing for other people instead of himself. So, yeah, if you really want to stretch it, you could say that Pop has helped my grow room, lol. Mostly in the way of gifted seeds and a bud "or two." And encouragement when I've felt like just giving up, packing everything away for someone to discover, and heading to the nearest patch of deep woods to live. That last part is probably the most valuable of all (although the bud was nice while it lasted ;) ).

Dont count chickens before they hatch. Stay close to the executor and ask questions about when where how everything is going. When it comes to money greed is a thing even with your brothers and sisters. Sad to say.... If you the executor - do the right thing.

For most of us growers the best thing we can do with our money. Is create a stable base to grow the plants. That means bills payed, Roof over your head, and everything else you need for a stable life.

You mentioned a house in time. That was going to be my first suggestion. A safe home you own.

Hey all!

Sitting here bored on Mother's Day because I neither HAVE nor AM a mom. Knowing too well that the battle over my dead father's very small estate will be over soon and I will finally be receiving my meagre inheritance. Most of it will be put into savings so that I can buy a small house in about 5 years time and I need a hot tub, insurance on my vehicle, my vehicle fixed and some furniture. But once all that is taken care of I should have enough to modestly flesh out my grow room. Right now I only have a 1200w LED and my grow tent. I'd certainly like more.

So my question to all of you is this: if you were in my boat how would you outfit your dream grow room. And not industrial outfits. We'd all like one of those buildings...

So let's dream a little. Let's compare what equipment and why we would buy it.

Hell, we all might learn a thing or two along the way.

And I'm sure a thread like this must already exist somewhere. If so just point me in that direction and I'll leave y'all alone.

And of course I'm trying to get ideas for my own grow. That's the idea, silly!

All my best,
~Magnus
I inherited and with it I paid off everything we owed.
Then I started purchasing items I needed and some of what I wanted.
I borrowed a grow tent and bought LED lights. I'm on my first true grow now. I am looking into the removal of "skunk odor". Any suggestions on those products from anyone?

I inherited 3 brothers and 2 sisters, that became my responsibility when my parents died. I was the oldest at 20 and already 2 years into the Army.
I'm 52 now, and retired, my siblings are all college grads with good jobs, and most with kids of their own. Needless to say we're a pretty tight family.
As far as wanting for much, I have a pretty damn good pension from retirement, and made some good investments, so my wife and I are well off. If I want something, I go get it, but I'm still a cheap bastard, so I look for bargains. :rofl:

As far as wanting for my grow room...I have everything I want or need...I have a 4 x 8 tent ...a 4 x 4 tent... and a 3 x 6 veg closet

I borrowed a grow tent and bought LED lights. I'm on my first true grow now. I am looking into the removal of "skunk odor". Any suggestions on those products from anyone?

Carbon filters are the must have for growing. Lots of companies make them. Size matters a lot for what you get. I would suggest a 6" fan and filter. You can always upgrade your grow if it is too much fan right now. A big fan can be run at 1/2 to 3/4 power if you have them in small grows.

Carbon filters are the must have for growing. Lots of companies make them. Size matters a lot for what you get. I would suggest a 6" fan and filter. You can always upgrade your grow if it is too much fan right now. A big fan can be run at 1/2 to 3/4 power if you have them in small grows.

I would disagree with this statement. You need to get an inline fan that is rated for the cubic footage of your tent. Too strong a fan for your tent will suck in the sides badly. Not so much is you can dial it down in speed but why buy more than you need? You may not want any larger tent than you already have because not everyone has the ability to "upgrade" to a larger tent. So why buy a more expensive fan when you wont be needing it's full power. Besides if you do decide to go bigger these fans are not too expensive to replace.

My two cents worth. For what it's worth.

All my best,
~Magnus

Run the fan 24x7 a big fan is overkill same with a big filter. Suggest a variable speed one. Can dial down the fan if its too loud at times.

Can re-use the filter - wash in water bake in outdoor grill for 20 minutes like new again I do that 1x a year.

Welp if were playing what if I I think I would go entirely hydro, you’ve got a home, idk
Dedicate a room or two for growing.
Or the whole thing,
NFT looks interesting, an probably make the whole rooms floor a giant flood tray, with a drain in the middle that recirculates into another giant reservoir with some submersible water pumps to move the water back out and drain to the floor constantly running and flooded at whatever depth you want. Just enough for the roots maybe a couple inches.
Grow in rock wool media, or something similar perilite or clay pebbles. And a pot so the roots are not constantly submerged just the tips or what’s in the water will be fine but there should be a healthy portion of roots out of the water.
That way you can just place any plant into the room on the floor any where and it’s hydro growing everywhere. Running like a mini tomato hydroponic garden I see in the Netherlands.
If I had enough money to grow. I’d grow that way indoors.
If not can just do whole lot of individual dwc buckets dude.
Or you can just make a good nutrient reservoir for how many plants you plan on growing, aerate the nutrient solution, and just do a mega coco grow indoors. You will have enough nutrient water for your plants and with a flood drain no need to worry about runoff and how to get rid of it as the whole floor is a giant flood table, think like giant shower room tiling With drain in center. That would be perfect for coco growing. Or nft. I think.
definately need ph up and down and ec and ph testers. Lights what not.
Some z7 or something similar to keep clean, or you can go like UV lighting to disinfect the water, that sounds pretty neat.All in one nutrient solution for seedling veg and flower. Set to grow there buddy.

Back
Top Bottom