What would you do?

CADBOY

Hey everyone!

Delemia for my next grow.

Ive only got a 2x2x6 ft tent with several strains autos and fem photos available. CBD, THC, Hybrid and of course a mix of Sativa Dominant and Indicas, but I can only grow 4 plants max!
regardless of the size.

I also plan to use STS method to make some seeds of each strain...

Lighting: is led 240w at the wall max
Nutes: are Megacrop and some DIY cal/mag/pos solution.
Hempy style with 100% pearlite.

What # size fabric pots would you use? How many plants? What mixture? All sativas or other?

Thanks for the suggestions

Here is what I have available;

5x Unknown hybrid Fem seeds
1x BlackBerry "Bag seed"

2x CBD Jack Heair Fem
2x CBD Medi Kush Fem

4x Girl Scout Cookies Fem
2x Strawberry Cough Fem
2x Grandaddy Purp Fem

3x Candy Dawg Auto Fem
2x Colorado Cookies Auto Fem

3x Charlottes web Fem "original strain"
2x BlackBerry kush Auto Fem

Also have a few landrace seeds on the way, hopefully!

Was thinking about topping then at the 4th node and LST them so I get several colas, of course 2 buds will be sacrificed for the sake of seeds. Im debateing between #1, #2 and #3 size fabric pots sizes. Since ive never used fabric pots I have no idea as to how well it works.

I would do either one plant under a SCROG or 4 in a SOG.
One plant I'd use a 15 gallon fabric pot.
4 plants I'd use 4, 5 gallon pots.
Anybody that's not using fabric pots are making things much harder on themselves.
They are far better than standard plastic pots.
The single plant veg until SCROG filled.
The 4 plants flip them to flower quickly.

I wouldnt be much help, a 2x2 ft footprint is one plant to me. How do you fit 4? You just go straight into flower or keep them tiny?

img_0270.jpg

Well I’m doing 8 in a 4x4 tent so half of that is 4. I would do 2 autos and 2 feminized photos. My first grow I had 7 feminized plants (had 8 but tossed one because of mites) half grew great and 3 were so. Again tried 8 last grow and wasn’t nearly as successful as first but I know I rushed into flowering. So my thing is that 4 of my autos will finish in 9-11 weeks on 18/6 cycle. This will allow me to train my photoperiod plants properly this time and get a better stretch out of them trained branches. This way you will have some quick buds to enjoy and 2 to look forward too.

Well I’m doing 8 in a 4x4 tent so half of that is 4. I would do 2 autos and 2 feminized photos. My first grow I had 7 feminized plants (had 8 but tossed one because of mites) half grew great and 3 were so. Again tried 8 last grow and wasn’t nearly as successful as first but I know I rushed into flowering. So my thing is that 4 of my autos will finish in 9-11 weeks on 18/6 cycle. This will allow me to train my photoperiod plants properly this time and get a better stretch out of them trained branches. This way you will have some quick buds to enjoy and 2 to look forward too.
A 4×4 tent is 4 times bigger than a 2×2 tent though.

Lol, yeah, 16 square feet versus 4.

You could do hempy (handwatered/passive hydroponics) in two-liter pop bottles and see how many you can pack in there (about four per square foot), I suppose.

You'd be looking at some work, growing dissimilar strains, though, because they would have a natural tendency to grow at different rates/heights - and you'd want an even canopy for best results, especially since your 4 ft.² would, optimally, be packed with bud. You'd need to do some selective trimming "from time to time," but plants in a dense spacing aren't as likely to spread out as ones that have a lot of open space surrounding them. And, since they'd be ready to harvest at different times, space would open up, as the grow progressed, to allow the remaining plants to have more room (or for you to plant more, lol).

Lots of airflow would be a must (it always is, but...). A fan (or multiple fans) that clip onto your tent poles instead of taking up valuable for space would be a really good idea. But, because you've already used the tent, I'm assuming that you've already figured that out.

But it's certainly one way to grow a relatively large number of plants in a space (area) that really seems best suited for one.

And it'd be fun ;) .

I must of had a bit more of my Black Domina than I thought :lot-o-toke: So I would say half my half. Get an auto done and train a photoperiod until your Auto is harvested in you 18/6 or greater light cycle.then switch over to the 12/12

That seems sort of backwards (in my opinion). If you have a photoperiodic plant in there, it's going to grow the entire time - which is, what, eight to twelve weeks? - that the autoflowering one is doing its thing.

On the other hand, if a person switched the light schedule to a flowering one when he/she decided the photo was ready to flower... Sure, the auto would yield less than it, in theory, could (it's not going to approach it's theoretical maximum in any case when it's limited by the size of the grow space). But the positive would be that the photo would be much easier to manage. And I can't really see the gardener having the issue of not being able to completely fill the grow space, regardless of how small the auto ends up, lol.

Again, the above is my opinion.

Thanks guys/gals. Ive decided to build a passave hydro hempy. Im thinking 5gal air pot 100% pearlite ontop of a 5gal pal with nutrients inside and a pump on a timer so it gets watered 3 times a day via top feed spray setup. Very close to a another thread I seen from 2015 days.

1 plant 2x2 tent LST auto watering setup. Almost like a ebb n flow bucket basicly.

Passive hydroponics = no pumps, drippers, emitters, foggers, etc. Just you and the plant.

Just clarifying the term.

My contribution to this would be 'try whatever you feel like trying'. Depends what you want out of the grow too. I like to have several strains available so I've crammed 3 into a bedside cabinet this time. Pretty sure you've seen the space I'm working with. It's a challenge but it's fun. I could maybe get a higher yield off a single plant but then I'd be stuck with one strain to smoke. If that's not an issue for you and you want max yield then maybe one plant that fills the space would be better for you. Have fun with it whatever you decide mate.

Back
Top Bottom