Yes, You Do Like Sativas

She stretches plenty.
If I are to do great indoors i'd be looking to use a clone/s and flower them.
To get the best out of her she really needs to mature before she's put into 12/12
How long would you wait before you flipped if growing inside. CL🍀

I would want my plants to be mature before flipping, so probably 7 nodes tall or when they start to put up single alternate branches.
The problem with that being that you'll run out of height, hence my suggestion of growing a cutting rather than seedlings.

I would want my plants to be mature before flipping, so probably 7 nodes tall or when they start to put up single alternate branches.
The problem with that being that you'll run out of height, hence my suggestion of growing a cutting rather than seedlings.
What about using LST or other training? CL🍀

You'll definitely be wanting and lst and super cropping.
You can see on my photo that my plant has been grown to a screen (I think).
I was an indoor grower for many years and adapted techniques to keep the height down.

I'm not growing it this year but I have enough cobbed GT to last several years. 😄
GT was our favourite strain and still is close to the top. Panama is up there too.
This year we are enjoying GT, Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian, Zacateca tribute, Zamal x Tom Hill haze and Original haze. All top drawer carcass and all with there own individual merits.
Since switching to predominately eating cob rather than smoking/vaping, our intake has dropped from 5g/day to less than 1g between us! What would have lasted is us year now will last for several and as cobs improve rather than deteriorate with age, we should start to build a good collection of matured cobs. 😄

You'll definitely be wanting and lst and super cropping.
You can see on my photo that my plant has been grown to a screen (I think).
I was an indoor grower for many years and adapted techniques to keep the height down.

I'm a member of another well known grow site, Icm.. and they have a dedicated ace forum and several Golden Tiger threads. All my GT grows are on there too. Dubi, the head honcho behind ace seeds, regularly pops in and offers assistance and advice.

I'm not growing it this year but I have enough cobbed GT to last several years. 😄
GT was our favourite strain and still is close to the top. Panama is up there too.
This year we are enjoying GT, Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian, Zacateca tribute, Zamal x Tom Hill haze and Original haze. All top drawer carcass and all with there own individual merits.
Since switching to predominately eating cob rather than smoking/vaping, our intake has dropped from 5g/day to less than 1g between us! What would have lasted is us year now will last for several and as cobs improve rather than deteriorate with age, we should start to build a good collection of matured cobs. 😄
I was thinking about trying some clones and then moving outdoors when the weather allows it. CL🍀

IMG-20221113-WA0000.jpg

Great way to help a stealth grow. Many people would see the color and they will then look at that instead of the green leaf colors. A way of hiding in plain sight.

I have grown several kinds of flowers in front of my outdoor stealth plants. People walking by can see the flowers and the unique shape of the Cannabis leaves are not as noticeable.

Great way to help a stealth grow. Many people would see the color and they will then look at that instead of the green leaf colors. A way of hiding in plain sight.

I have grown several kinds of flowers in front of my outdoor stealth plants. People walking by can see the flowers and the unique shape of the Cannabis leaves are not as noticeable.
I stash away 5 Sativas in my small garden every year and even experienced growers have not not spotted them. The fact that I keep them down to waist height helps as well.

would love to see that alternate branch myth. no one's ever seen a pic of it or posted one that wasn't from a clone.
@InTheShed grows well past 10 or 12 nodes and has never seen it on a seed plant either. i've had 8 foot outdoor plants and never seen it.

would love to see that alternate branch myth. no one's ever seen a pic of it or posted one that wasn't from a clone.
@InTheShed grows well past 10 or 12 nodes and has never seen it on a seed plant either. i've had 8 foot outdoor plants and never seen it.
I top around the 8th or 9th so I wouldn't say "well past 10 or 12," but I don't recall having alternating nodes at 10.

I can't speak to landrace sativas though as I've never grown a plant with that kind of open structure, regardless of what the breeder called it.

I can't speak to landrace sativas though as I've never grown a plant with that kind of open structure, regardless of what the breeder called it.

same structure as any other sativa. i really do want to see this alternating node thing if it exists. i've seen plenty of outdoor plants and can't recall it ever. i assume it's more prevalent in outdoor as they can get much larger and develop more nodes.

same structure as any other sativa. i really do want to see this alternating node thing if it exists. i've seen plenty of outdoor plants and can't recall it ever. i assume it's more prevalent in outdoor as they can get much larger and develop more nodes.
Here's the top I cloned from an Amnesia Lemon Kush. This is the 8th node (still symmetrical):

20230127_085919.jpg

And the 9th node is asymmetrical (alternating):

20230127_085931.jpg

Here's the top I cloned from an Amnesia Lemon Kush. This is the 8th node (still symmetrical):

20230127_085919.jpg

And the 9th node is asymmetrical (alternating):

20230127_085931.jpg

i get asymmetrical branching on all clones regardless if taken from the top main stem or side branches. all new nodes on any of my clones will alternate. it won't matter what node i chop them at. there is a reason for why that happens that i can't recall right now, but it is a natural thing.

i get asymmetrical branching on all clones regardless if taken from the top main stem or side branches. all new nodes on any of my clones will alternate. it won't matter what node i chop them at. there is a reason for why that happens that i can't recall right now, but it is a natural thing.
So you're saying the 9th node would have been symmetrical if I had left it on the plant?

So you're saying the 9th node would have been symmetrical if I had left it on the plant?

i'm thinking yes. i would like to grow one out far enough as an experiment though. for well over a decade i've flipped or topped the plant before i get near node 8 or 9. previous to that i really can't recall noticing a change on any of my seed plant. the only ones who would have got that far would have been when i guerilla grew in the mountains.

i'm thinking yes. i would like to grow one out far enough as an experiment though. for well over a decade i've flipped or topped the plant before i get near node 8 or 9. previous to that i really can't recall noticing a change on any of my seed plant. the only ones who would have got that far would have been when i guerilla grew in the mountains.
I just went back to see if I had a clear shot of when I cut it and this is the best I could find (zoomed in). The 9th node is definitely there above the eighth. No way it switched from symmetrical to asymmetrical after I cut it.

Screenshot_20230127-092614_Firefox.jpg

I just went back to see if I had a clear shot of when I cut it and this is the best I could find (zoomed in). The 9th node is definitely there above the eighth. No way it switched from symmetrical to asymmetrical after I cut it.

Screenshot_20230127-092614_Firefox.jpg

i'm wondering if they were there and i just never noticed. all my outdoor grew in the classic pine tree shape right till we chopped. everything always looked symmetrical to me.

thinking about it now we probably did get enough nodes on the big indoor med grows, but again anything we did not top was a christmas tree shape.

Back
Top Bottom