The Best Sativa Strain

" Cannalope Haze " I've been growing a lot of sativa or mostly sativa strains lately. Hands down my favorite is Cannalope Haze from DNA. I'm only talking of strains I have grown. Still the Cannalope I grew could hold its own with the Super Silver Haze and Ghost Train Haze I have tried from Colorado. That's pretty good genetics if a private grower can stand with top shelf strains from quality dispensaries. Simple to grow above average yields and a very uplifting high makes this strain a true winner

I just found the original Nevil 1991 NL5 x Haze. Not the sme 1 as Mr Nice has now. These were only available from 1 place I know of. They are also Stabilized Hybrid vs F1 from Mr Nice, Or Sensi.

This is 1 Ive been looking for so long. It had a warning on it from Nevil when it was originally released. Allegedly the only strain to ever have a warning. I had some of it back in the early, mid 90s, and its everything it was advertised to be. Ive seen people get really sick on even the crosses of it. Ours was crossed with Nevils 88 G13 x Hash Plant x the 91 NL5 x Haze.

Its the best stuff Ive ever had inside, and the best stuff Ive seen, inside, or out, since the best of the best in the 70s. Incl Viet Black.

I also just found the original 88 Nevils G13 x Hash Plant, and am equally excited about this strain, and crossing these 2.

The 88 G13 x HP is also Stabilised Hybrid, so they will be F1. Also NOT the same thing as Sensi Mr Nice G13 x HP.

Yep. Its the same genetics as what he uses to breed. I believe it comes from Hazeman/NDNGuy/Nevils genetics. Ive not tried any of his 88HP, I'm sure its really good stuff, but am really interested in the straight 88HP vs diluted. I'm really glad Hazeman made this stuff available. I thought Id never see the pure stuff again. Same for the Nevils 91NL5/HZ.

The people at Swami just gave me 19 freebies of the Nevils 91 x NL5 x Haze. They come in packs of 10, I bought 2 packs, and they sent 39. Really nice, and dark seeds. As good as a seed can be visually.

They also sent me 19 Freebie Blue Orca x 91 NL5/Hz. Its a 71 Kandahar x 76 Thai x NL5 x Hz Male. Allegedly potentially more psychedelic than the original 91, not as nerve racking, but more introspective, and allegedly, a really big producer. I say allegedly because until it, or any seed is tested personally, or by a close friend, its suspect. But I have high hopes, and wouldn't waste my time if I didn't think they were legit.

But thanks for the heads up.

I really wiish now that I could find the Original Road Kill Skunk. I could be about done with all of it. I do aso have the Mr Nice SHIT, and Flying Dutchman The Pure, but haven't grown them out. Ive heard theres a better chance of a skunky 1 in the SHIT, but would really want the earlier stuff that's really, really stinky.

I also had some if the original AK47, and it also stunk to high heavens. I wish I could get the original of that back too. The original NL5 x AK47 we made was also devastating, but they got lost/confiscated.

I'm really interested in crossing the 88G13/HP with the 91NL5/Hz. Both are also Stabilized so will be F1s.

Great to see older strains becoming available. I have the Bohdi Angelica, OG Kush x 88g13hp. Got to try it after listening to you talk about the 88G13hp. I have the Pure also. Haven't ran it yet but I don't expect killer Road Kill from it. Amsterdam went with the sweeter side of the Skunk #1 when everyone came out with seeds. The Pure is just a rework one of those so Road Kill Skunk might be in there but it would be hard to find. Sweet skunk still kicks ass it just lacks the truly Dank smell of the Road Kill. I would look in Nor. Cal. someone still has it I'm sure. Getting it is another story.

Out doors grown in large plastic garbage cans with holes drilled, almost full sun. Have tried Polm Gold (spliff Seeds) 90% Sativa,picked at 20% amber.......nothing really special

I recently grew out Bubblegun from Spliff Seeds too and wasn't super impressed. Huge airy buds with a nice smell/flavor but not really strong and more of an indica high. I tried their Master Kush too and had poor germination and female/male ratio. I ended up with nothing out of 5 seeds. I've got 5 more MK seeds so I'll give that one another go but the Bubblegun I'll give away.

I'm surprised, I have did real good with the 2 Spliff strains I grew. Maybe not the strongest weed but they were great plants. Blue Medi Kush had some great plants.

I have 2 types of Bubblegum I need to try. Some from Nirvana years ago and a few from T.H.Seeds. I don't want to lose it if I get a good one so I have to wait.

Of the landraces I have worked with, one sativa from Sinai has been very isolated for probably millennia. Lebanese from the Bekaa Valley and Highland Thai also are pretty pure sativas. Durban Poison supposedly is as well, but I have not worked with it .... yet. Of later strains, Chocolope doesn't seem to exhibit a lick of indica in its presentation, though I am certain is is not pure sativa.

Which strain is the most closest to what would be the original Sativa?
A-1 Haze?
And the strain Bruce Banner #3 is it closer related to sativas?
I want to know which is the best sativa strain on the earth!
I personally enjoy the Sativa Dominant HYbrids like Jack Herrar. That said I do love the high of a pure potent sativa like Durban Poison. Both are growing well for me. I'd love to try the Bruce Banner's - does anyone know if there are hybrids using the BB Sativa?

Colombian Gold aka Santa Marta Gold, Highland Thai, Island Thai, Nepalese Highland, Colombian Red, Durban Poison, Malawi Gold, Oaxacan, Michoacan, Congolese, Kerala, Panama Red, Lambsbread, Bangi Haze, Guatemalan, Destroyer, Queen Mother these are all PURE SATIVAS if you're seriously into the subject of growing one.
I used to live in South Africa - I think the highest I've ever been was from Durban Poison! From the motherland!

When I think of the thousands of Thai and Colombian and Mexican and Hawaiian and Panamanian and Jamaican seeds that myself and millions of other guys just tossed away back in the '70s, I could cry. To us they were just trash. Who could have anticipated the sudden and complete end of all tropical landrace imports into the US? It does my heart good when I read about current growers trying the old original strains.

Sorry to resurrect a :rip: thread, but I couldn't resist.

I’ve seen the Jamaican landrace strain, lambs bread, mentioned a couple times. I’ve grown a “lambs breath” when I research the difference between the two I get mixed results. Some say it’s the way Americans pronounce it versus the Jamaicans pronunciation and there’s only 1 strain ... also read there’s two strains, lambs bread being the lower quality stuff that they sell to the tourists or “feed to the lambs” and then the higher quality lambs breath that the locals keep for themselves. Curious if anyone else has heard of this or thinks there is any difference.

I’ve seen the Jamaican landrace strain, lambs bread, mentioned a couple times. I’ve grown a “lambs breath” when I research the difference between the two I get mixed results. Some say it’s the way Americans pronounce it versus the Jamaicans pronunciation and there’s only 1 strain ... also read there’s two strains, lambs bread being the lower quality stuff that they sell to the tourists or “feed to the lambs” and then the higher quality lambs breath that the locals keep for themselves. Curious if anyone else has heard of this or thinks there is any difference.

originally the two names were interchangeable and referred to the same strain. although it gets lumped in with landraces, lambs breath is genetically related to some african strains, and probably is a cross-breed that happened in the wild from seed brought in through the slave trade.

nowadays the name means nothing. the marley family has copyrighted the name, and have been selling it like a $3 dollar hooker to anyone who wants to bang out a bastard version. there are still ways to get the actual landrace, but it's a bit underground and you have to stay away from the marley family to get it.

originally the two names were interchangeable and referred to the same strain. although it gets lumped in with landraces, lambs breath is genetically related to some african strains, and probably is a cross-breed that happened in the wild from seed brought in through the slave trade.

nowadays the name means nothing. the marley family has copyrighted the name, and have been selling it like a $3 dollar hooker to anyone who wants to bang out a bastard version. there are still ways to get the actual landrace, but it's a bit underground and you have to stay away from the marley family to get it.
Ya probably next to impossible to find an authentic old school landrace now a days.

Old thread but I will throw in my 2 cents. I had seeds from the late 70s that were sealed, placed in a metal film canister, stored in a box in the basement until found them again a few years ago. Managed to get mowi, tai, Acapulco gold, afghan, and Christmas tree to grow. I have also ordered some of the same "land strain" seeds from Nirvana and pacific seed bank. The new "strain" are vary similar to the old strain but you can see and feel the difference. The best way to explain is if you grab any person on the street in Jamaica you have a Jamaican. This is old school. If you grab a Jamaican off the Olympic team he is just as Jamaican but not the same. The selective breading for THC and grow characteristics are apparent.

Alaskan Thunder Fuck, also called Matanuska Thunder Fuck, is most excellent. The true strain can be hard to find, but not impossible. Beware that there are some seed companies (I can't remember the companies name) that sell a Northern Lights based strain that they call Matanuska Valley Thunder Fuck, it is not bad, but it is no where near the real deal...in my humble opinion. Landrace Columbian Gold is also an old favorite.
Where should i look for seeds?

Old thread but I will throw in my 2 cents. I had seeds from the late 70s that were sealed, placed in a metal film canister, stored in a box in the basement until found them again a few years ago. Managed to get mowi, tai, Acapulco gold, afghan, and Christmas tree to grow. I have also ordered some of the same "land strain" seeds from Nirvana and pacific seed bank. The new "strain" are vary similar to the old strain but you can see and feel the difference...The selective breading for THC and grow characteristics are apparent.
For God's sake hang on to those seeds! You may help save the cannabis genome.
As to those "landraces" sold by the big seed vendors, all are crossed with indica, to some degree, to make them easier to grow in temperate climates. The honest vendors admit this. There are some sources for supposedly real landrace seeds. I have no idea how reliable those sites are.

Impressive how long this thread has been going for...nearly as long as the high off the sativa im currently tokin on...SEX BUD only 90% sativa would like to try the malawi gold maybe in the not so distant sativa future 😂
:ganjamon: :420:

AKBeanBrains has the original Durban Poison from the 80s. 80+ days flowering. He also has the 90s pure Kali Mist. Plus all kinds of hybrids.

For a complete seed list email Dave at dankortowne@gmail.com. Hes got all kinds of original genetics from the 80s, and 90s. Nevil/Sensi Seeds, and Super Sativa Seed Club. He also very generous with free seeds. I usually ask for extras of the ones Ive ordered.

Back
Top Bottom