1452038009699.jpg
1452037926785.jpg
1452037996139.jpg
20160105_173752.jpg
1452037963775.jpg
1452037874170.jpg
20151230_122116.jpg
Hello,
Im on my first grow ever which is indoor under a 400 watt hid lights in 3 gallon smart pots in ocean Forrest i started my seedlings in happy frog. My unknown seeds are about 6 weeks from sprouting my temps and humidity are within the golden standard.i started main lining and im kind of no im really lost i split one plant stem in half about a week ago and i was kind of scared so i removed the ties and in my other i did not.fix them daily which ended up cutting into them so at this point their not tied up and i dont know what to do ive learned alot so far and im realizing i still need lots more can anyone please help me im not sure maybe they will be ready in two weeks to flower can anyone help me i have only fed them fox farm grow big and expecting to use tiger bloom for flowering. Any advice will help like anyway to control them before flowering? Is it to late to achieve the 8 colas through main lining thank you and may your harvest be fruitful :Namaste:

man! mainlining your first grow! that's some advanced technique there looks like you did it rite! what were you using to tie these gals down with? as for how to control them and get more tops.. why not FIM them so maybe you can turn each top to 4. this is unless you are going for a true mainline all the way. I don't see any reason to continue to hold them down your manifold in the pic looks nice and spread out. I'd only tie them back if it gets too crouded which they don't seem to be in the pics.

the one that split there's not much aside from electrical tape to bring the two half together mor and to take some of the pressure off. also stake them up with some bamboo stocks or shish kabob sticks.
flower should be fine when ever you decide to do it. hope this helps.

All good.
Make a tape around to support it or connect the 2 branches with a wire and pull together that the split closes a bit.
The rest will heal by itself.

o ya if you didn't know why she split it's because when you topped her you did it too close to the node. when you do it you want to leave just a little bit left of the branch your topping so when they bulk up like they have they don't split. it makes the joint more strong leaving a little.

you can also do a combo and throw a nice supercop in there to help lay the branches down instead of tieing them down. with mainlining you want the supercrop to be in the same spot on each branch so the (flow) is even through the manifold. if you don't know how to supercrop and want me to elaborate let me know.

Thanks man that really takes alot of worry of my shoulders. Yes if you could elaborate with the suprrcropping would be great. Im not sure what im going for at this point im totally lost im not even sure where the bud sites will be or how the flowering stage will work out i really tried main lining because it seemed to best suit me but i shouldve try to learn more.before.i began i got those two main lines.but i dont know where to go from here how to prepare it for flowering. Also one of my plants js gettng sort of burning tips and the leaves seem a little less green do you anything about that? Thanks for the help again

I split my main stock and that being said its kind of a bad thing as now the plant is trying to heal it self you will see the plant slow down now my happen in flowering and let me tell you i lost bud production the other plants took off i did harvest the plant with the snap stock but for sure was a lower out put. I pack it with root gel zip it up and rap a wet paper towel around the stock keeping it wet villiageidiot help me a lot with this thank god

IMG_49059.JPG

IMG_48215.JPG
IMG_48104.JPG
IMG_48229.JPG

I've split a lot of stems. Just secure it and carry on. I like to use soft ties myself, so I can remove easier once it's healed. One time I used pipe cleaners and didn't pay attention and then plant healed right around the pipe cleaners, grew right into it. Good luck!

Ive split plenty of stems. One time a t5 light fell on a plant and the stem had a split 8in long all the way to the soil. I usually just tape it up with masking tape. She may need extra time in veg to recover but you'll end up with a super strong stem. I usually get a huge knot where the split happens.

In the future always train after watering when they're the most flexible. Also, Ive found bending at Y points like these is safer if you use the back of a scissors and bend a crease before the joint.

Id lose the zip tie as Ive had ties grow right into the stalk. Another thing you can do to help with higher stress training is to feed your plant silica. I personally use dynatekt. It does make the stems a lot stronger and more flexible.

Thanks man that really takes alot of worry of my shoulders. Yes if you could elaborate with the suprrcropping would be great. Im not sure what im going for at this point im totally lost im not even sure where the bud sites will be or how the flowering stage will work out i really tried main lining because it seemed to best suit me but i shouldve try to learn more.before.i began i got those two main lines.but i dont know where to go from here how to prepare it for flowering. Also one of my plants js gettng sort of burning tips and the leaves seem a little less green do you anything about that? Thanks for the help again

ok where to start.
I'm sory but it sounds like you bit off a little too much. I could go through explaining how to supercrop the header. but I think it will make you more confused so I'll suggest this. I'd FIM or top the main tops and just flower them so you can see where they flower.

As villageidiot would say you can't run till you learn how to walk. I know this isn't the easyest advice to hear. but you need to learn how the plants grow before stepping into such advanced techniques such as mainlining. I buy no means blame you for wanting to do this. I've seen the videos and read the logs as well!

just flower them see what they do and try to keep the canipy as spread out as possible. when shoots start coming out and turn to baby little braches. be very carefull and train them outwards instead of upwords. you don't need any technique just a loving hand. if flowers get to heavy support that branch!

I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom